Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Maybe some of that money is in escrow based upon future rights, performance, loyalty bonus. Maybe that's expected savings PSG feels they will get. Maybe it's a bonus he took with the idea he would see another season out, but he's paying to opt out. who knows.

I think for this issue, and many with transfers, because we are dealing with two sides of an issue, the media, translation, and everything else, it's hard to really identify what is the truth.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Maybe some of that money is in escrow based upon future rights, performance, loyalty bonus. Maybe that's expected savings PSG feels they will get. Maybe it's a bonus he took with the idea he would see another season out, but he's paying to opt out. who knows.

I think for this issue, and many with transfers, because we are dealing with two sides of an issue, the media, translation, and everything else, it's hard to really identify what is the truth.

Hmm I don't know, I struggle to see how PSG can get money for a player who will no longer be theirs from July, even in terms of image rights. I find it even more difficult to see Mbappè turning the signing bonus money with Real to PSG. 150???

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
PSG not paying loyalty bonus is pretty easy to understand, if Mbappe is gone by the time it was supposed to be paid. PSG wouldn't actually get any money, rather than not having to spend it.

And signing bonus stuff is probably linked to transfer timetable too, when Mbappe /RM would prefer the transfer to happen, but on the other hand RM are willing to wait rather than paying PSG any extra. Mbappe is willing to give part of his signing bonus to PSG, to get the timing of the transfer right.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG not paying loyalty bonus is pretty easy to understand, if Mbappe is gone by the time it was supposed to be paid. PSG wouldn't actually get any money, rather than not having to spend it.

And signing bonus stuff is probably linked to transfer timetable too, when Mbappe /RM would prefer the transfer to happen, but on the other hand RM are willing to wait rather than paying PSG any extra. Mbappe is willing to give part of his signing bonus to PSG, to get the timing of the transfer right.
No he forfeited last year's bonus (80M) on the condition he could leave on his own terms.
Mbappe also agreed to give up a % of his signing bonus with Madrid.
That was a gentleman's agreement of last summer.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
No he forfeited last year's bonus (80M) on the condition he could leave on his own terms.
Mbappe also agreed to give up a % of his signing bonus with Madrid.
That was a gentleman's agreement of last summer.
If the 150M figure is right, that would me he would be giving up nearly 70% of his reported signing bonus (over 100M spread during 5 years) to PSG. That seems A LOT!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
All from Ornstein, so it's as good as it gets...

- Arsenal will go in for a CF this summer; Ben Sesko, Evan Ferguson, and Viktor Gyokeres are all their top targets. Who is Gyokeres?

- They will look for backup for Martinelli and Saka, Pedro Neto was the only one he linked, but also said many other clubs will be in for him. Arsenal is not a fan of his injuries though.

- ESR and Ramsdale seem like the likely candidates to be sold in the summer. He also added that Thomas Partey, Tavares, and Soares as others that could be sold (good chance they're gone). He brought up some soft rumblings of Zinchenko and how he's been injured too much this season and Arsenal might want to cut ties as he has a year left on his deal.

- An interesting name is Lokonga, who has been given high praise for his loan move at Luton Town. He thinks Arsenal could hold on to him.

- He specifically named Zubimendi as a player they want to replace the spot open in the midfield, due to Thomas being constantly injured.

- Also mentioned that Arsenal are going to re-sign White and Tomiyasu.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Gyokeres is unbelievable. Lit up the championship with Coventry went to Sporting under Amorim and already has like 35+ goals in all comps under his belt.

A bit of a late bloomer, he's older than Osimhen I'm pretty sure, but he's so special to watch.

If I were scouting CFs and I wanted a young one it'd be Sesko, if I wanted an older one it'd be Gyokeres.

I've watched a lot of SCP this year to scout Diomandé and Gyokeres always stands out. I think how powerful he really is is undersold due to his complexion [the same way Osimhen gets irksome comparisons to Drogba due to his] but his frame is filled out and he's deceptively quick. And so are his feet. He's so direct and can change pace on a dime.

I don't think he's a flash in the pan. I think he's someone who's game will be taken to another level when surrounded by superior wing talent. He processes the game so much faster than the other Sporting wide players.

The only thing is, his price tag isn't very attractive. He has an £86 million release clause which takes him out of consideration for a lot of top European sides.

Reactions: maclean

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Yes, on further thought, we need to have plenty more details to judge how this arrangement would work.

If RM pay Mbappe any signing bonus in Real Madrid (say 200 M) then Mbappe would have to pay personal taxes in Spain based on the full amount. And if Mbappe then gifts XX millions from what's left to PSG, the recepient would have to pay taxes from that amount in France. So the arrangement would need to take into account tax laws, and probably some business competition/bribery laws as well, since the clubs are basically competing entities in the same industry within EU, one company's employee just can't be a middle man paying the other company tens of millions for no good legal reason.

Even if all that legal stuff can be arragended properly, I still have hard time believing UEFA's rules and regulations would allow another team's player paying another club in the same competion just like that.

Normal transfer fee arrangement would seem to make much more sense for all parties. I guess we'll have to wait until the move actually happens and more details come out how much money really changes hand.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Maybe the contract he signed has a buyout he can do. It’s not unheard of in contracts for players to pay to get out. But at that scale it would be awful bad business on his part.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Maybe the contract he signed has a buyout he can do. It’s not unheard of in contracts for players to pay to get out. But at that scale it would be awful bad business on his part.

Yeah, maybe, that's one option. I haven't really followed what changes UEFA has made regarding buyouts in recent years.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
They've been tracking him since Boca. He's a super talent. 100+ touches type of metronome. Combative duel winner. Extremely good breaking lines on the ground or with long balls. One of my favorite young players in the world.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Rumours in Marca of an offer for 200 mil from PSG for Yamal, rejected by Barcelona. I wonder how high they can go. I mean if Ney was 220 all those years ago they can do better haha

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If Barca really has detrimental money issues, they probably should sell Yamal for 200 M.

Who's to say he won't suffer injuries like Fati, Pedri etc. within the next few years. And there's a good chance that Barca produce another class prospect inside the next 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad