Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They likely do. But I just think the minutes are hard to come by unless they really are ruthless with outs. With a new manager, that's way more likely, but with Klopp, I don't think they would have been.

I just don't know if I buy the clinical finisher thing. The guy who's clinical in the team is Jota. But going out and buying that is statistically not really valued by the club. If you look at who they've bought, Mane, Salah (who has become almost automatic.. but really wasn't the case when bought), Nunez, and Gakpo, they seem to go more towards guys with upside and chances, hoping in the right system and with work, they can develop the finishing. Shit even Jota wasn't really as ruthless as he can be for Wolves (though not getting the chances played a part).
I don’t agree that the minutes are hard to come by. You just need to get someone good enough to push Diaz and Gakpo down the depth chart. Heck you need someone who is good enough to start if Darwin is in one of his cold spells. New manager definitely an ex-factor but goals are goals. They need goals.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Salah and Nunez are still here, obviously big ifs, then they eat up the bulk of the minutes. Even more so if they're not 4-3-3.
Alex Ferguson always added goals. You can never have enough goals. Competition is not a bad thing

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't have a problem adding goals.

There's a lot of room for goals. The reality of the budget of the club is they need a few parts, so, getting someone who guarantees goals isn't an easy task either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't have a problem adding goals.

There's a lot of room for goals. The reality of the budget of the club is they need a few parts, so, getting someone who guarantees goals isn't an easy task either.
That’s what Edwards and Hughes are for

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Said this in January, club needs another forward that can put the ball in the net. Not sure Malen is the kind of diabolical finisher that they really need. They need someone who is surgically clinical. LFC win both the City game and the United game if Diogo Jota is healthy instead of Diaz/Gakpo. not saying they can get another Salah/Diogo level finisher but they need someone closer to that than Malen

I wonder if they wouldn't want someone like Zirkzee at Bologna?

He's like a baby Benzema. Huge technical 6'4 CF that likes to drop deep and hold up play. Has skillful turns and top final third movement & pass selection. He's the apotheosis of deep-lying play.

Could be very nice to pair him with Nunez and Salah running down his flanks like a hybrid M-F-S.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I wonder if they wouldn't want someone like Zirkzee at Bologna?

He's like a baby Benzema. Huge technical 6'4 CF that likes to drop deep and hold up play. Has skillful turns and top final third movement & pass selection. He's the apotheosis of deep-lying play.

Could be very nice to pair him with Nunez and Salah running down his flanks like a hybrid M-F-S.
Think we need to get a new manager in first and go from there. Would not say no to Zirkzee; but I’d be aiming pretty high, especially with less surgery needed in other thirds of the pitch

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Any truth to the Kimmich rumours?

Sky Germany reporting that Bayern are considering selling him
Not clear. Sky says that neither side have ruled it out and Kimmich has been very clear about preferring to play the 6 to FB. But he’s been so good for them since moving back to RB and I suspect he wants to talk to the new manager before making his decision.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Not clear. Sky says that neither side have ruled it out and Kimmich has been very clear about preferring to play the 6 to FB. But he’s been so good for them since moving back to RB and I suspect he wants to talk to the new manager before making his decision.
I'd be surprised, but if he's going to insist on being played at the 6 and pout if not then it probably makes the decision easier on Bayern's end. I think there's only a very small grouping of teams in the mix for him to go to though (e.g. City, PSG, maybe Arsenal).

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think Kimmich wants a shot at a foreign club. He's 30 this year IIRC. It's now or never.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Brighton are reportedly joining the race for Hertha's Ibrahim Maza. The late 2005 born attacker has been breaking into Hertha's senior team this season and was a key figure for our U18 NT last year.

30 next year I believe. Not that it matters. I would think the usual clubs would be in. For the cost being discussed it’s a good idea.

Sky is reporting that he could move before the Euros, while referencing that 30M figure. So I think it's for this summer as well.

And I like Maxi, but I do worry about him stepping too far up the food chain. Especially at that price. He should move up to a European level BuLi team, but I dunno if he's ready for a Leipzig / Dortmund / Leverkusen.

So I worry only EPL clubs will be able to afford him, and we know how they are with developing young talent...

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Koopmeiners saying he wants to go to the PL this summer and has asked for a move.

How do people think he’d fare here?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Koopmeiners saying he wants to go to the PL this summer and has asked for a move.

How do people think he’d fare here?
He's really good, but should be played as a 8/10, NOT a 6. He's built like a defensive midfielder, but he's much more useful with the ball. I'm a fan.

Reactions: Savant and Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think Kimmich wants a shot at a foreign club. He's 30 this year IIRC. It's now or never.
Feel like a lot of it comes down to who the coach is next year.

There’s been interest for so long, but he’s never seemed like he’s been tempted until his frustration with Tuchel

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's really good, but should be played as a 8/10, NOT a 6. He's built like a defensive midfielder, but he's much more useful with the ball. I'm a fan.
Was going to write this. Some one is going to see what he looks like and think he should be in a double pivot; and that is not the role for him at all. Think a club like Fulham or Wolverhampton would be a very good spot for him

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Was going to write this. Some one is going to see what he looks like and think he should be in a double pivot; and that is not the role for him at all. Think a club like Fulham or Wolverhampton would be a very good spot for him
I mean he started in the Dutch league as a center back haha and slowly worked with way up the field. Gasperini is finally playing him as a number 10 and he's scored this year half of the goals he scored in 3 years in the Serie A.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
There is no way United actually go down the Greenwood road.

Also if you are Greenwood, why come back? He would rightly destroyed by every fan base and media member for the rest of his career. My guess is he goes and plays where he can make some money and be out of that English spotlight.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Chelsea have reportedly been sniffing around Wolfsburg's Odogu. Exciting CB prospect who has really made huge progress since last summer.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
what do you mean they wouldn't take him back. If they think he will increase his value or win matches, they would take him back. They almost did it to start with.

they're already playing another alleged abuser.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00