Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
If Williams and Daniels are nos. 1 and 2, how could the Patriots not take the future hall of fame receiver at number three?
This draft is very deep with WR's. As good as MHJ is, I think we can pickup a very good / seviceable WR in the second round, would rather take one of Daniels or Maye. We need a QB, team is not going anywhere until we find one. KC got Rashee Rice in round two, Seattle got Metcalfe, Tee Higegins and Michael Pittman were also picked in the second round....it can be done!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This draft is very deep with WR's. As good as MHJ is, I think we can pickup a very good / seviceable WR in the second round, would rather take one of Daniels or Maye. We need a QB, team is not going anywhere until we find one. KC got Rashee Rice in round two, Seattle got Metcalfe, Tee Higegins and Michael Pittman were also picked in the second round....it can be done!
...not to mention you can also get additional WR talent in Rounds 3-6 as well. Its such a deep position, talent wise, that you can address the QB problem as well as the WR/OL issues as well.

Taking MHJ at #3 is a safe pick. No question. However I don't see it as the OPTIMAL pick when you have multiple holes to address. It all comes down to risk/reward. Locking up a stud WR at #3 is lower risk, lower reward. Going QB at #3 and addressing WR/OL in later rounds is higher risk, but also much higher reward if you end up hitting on a franchise QB for the next 10+yrs.

The key is having a scouting/player personnel team that knows what they are doing. We'll see if that's the case, soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Hearing Pats are open to a trade yuck
Depends on who / what we are getting back. If a team wants to overpay for our 3rd pick, I have no issues trading it. If you look at what the Bears got from the Panthers for the number one pick last year, DJ Moore / 1st round picks in 2023 and 2024, second round picks in 2023 and 2025. That's a 5 for one trade with awesome value.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
...not to mention you can also get additional WR talent in Rounds 3-6 as well. Its such a deep position, talent wise, that you can address the QB problem as well as the WR/OL issues as well.

Taking MHJ at #3 is a safe pick. No question. However I don't see it as the OPTIMAL pick when you have multiple holes to address. The key is having a scouting/player personnel team that knows what they are doing. We'll see if that's the case, soon enough.
Totally agree with you
Does not matter how many picks you have....if you cannot draft quality it's a waste
We all know our draft history in the last 10 years, no need to rehash the major errors made
Let's hope we do better this year
With the cap space and picks we have, we can improve and hopefully get to 8-9 or 9-8 next year and make the playoffs the following year

Reactions: bbfan419

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
His write ups are actually shockingly like Allen, he’s just smaller
To put his 40 yd running time into perspective

Maye = 4.65

Jones = 4.91

Allen = 4.75

Fields = 4.45

Mahomes = 4.80

Daniels= 4.54

The fastest QB time for the 40 yard was Michael Vick at 4.33.

Allen's major strength is that he is 6'5 weighs 240 listed ( I have a feeling he might be closer to 245-250) so he tough to tackle.
Maye has good size too at 6'4 230.

I would say the better comparison is Justin Herbert, with the way Maye can throw the ball, arm strength and the ability to scramble and make pin point passes.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
JJ McCarthy has some serious helium right now. His numbers when throwing on the run are better than everybody else’s, hes good throwing in the middle of the field, and he’s young (I don’t think he can drink yet, if he can it happened recently)

Ppl are starting to say top 15

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
JJ McCarthy has some serious helium right now. His numbers when throwing on the run are better than everybody else’s, hes good throwing in the middle of the field, and he’s young (I don’t think he can drink yet, if he can it happened recently)

I can see it.

If he has a great pro-day, he'll definitely be looked at.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can see it.

If he has a great pro-day, he'll definitely be looked at.
I’ve seen people compare him to Mac but I don’t see it at all- better overall athlete and a better arm imo. I think his tools will translate better at the NFL level

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20240215_190235_Twitter.jpg

The high top is back!

I’ve seen people compare him to Mac but I don’t see it at all- better overall athlete and a better arm imo. I think his tools will translate better at the NFL level

I think JJ will translate into the NFL. He won't start right away. But sit a few years, I think he has intangibles that people are not seeing. The kid has talent. I wouldn't mind selecting him later on.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I said all along it had to be extremely difficult evaluating him on film. Michigan was ALWAYS ahead, great running game, great defense. There was no reason for them to air it out. Even then not the greatest WRs either. Doesn't surprise me at all he is rising. Good arm, athletic, leader. A lot to like.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

My lazy comp is his potential is Brock Purdy with a stronger arm. How good of a qb you think Purdy is determines how nice that sounds but i think Purdy is pretty solid and in the top half of starters in the league.

Reactions: CDJ

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

i simply wouldn’t draft him because his name is jj, he’s gotta start going by jon or jonathan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bowers is the best tight end prospect in years, I don’t have a problem with that if they end up dealing for a guy like Fields or going with a veteran

What I do wanna know is what did they propose the Vikings give up to move to 3? Because the haul would have to be immense

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
First two episodes of The Dynasty are really good.
There's something said pretty early on that's hilariously tone-deaf considering the subject that i'm not sure if i just took it the wrong way or if others will think the same when they hear it. I'll put the spoiler mark on this to be safe but don't think it's giving anything away

Reactions: Oates2Neely

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Reactions: PeanutButter37

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad