Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I actually don’t mind his list tbh, especially if it’s more based on where he thinks they will go, not who is most talented.

Yakemchuk at 3 if we’re at 3 is a very possible pick

Pronman is the guy with the most accurate mock draft a couple days before the draft. He definitely have sources to know what is up.

I like Yakemchuk early and would be happy if we took him.

Lindstrom will go earlier than he has him ranked. Even though he has been injured he is a big elite C and they always go early.

Badinka in our range which is promising. Hopefully we can get him with Oilers pick.

Elick already out of range for us which shows that these big D are likely going to go earlier than predicted on draft day.

Pronman's list is based on who he thinks is most talented. Pronman's mock draft isn't based on his list; he'll alter his mock at the last moment to look "more accurate" - which is what happened when he altered Fantilli going to the Ducks to Carlsson going to the Ducks. That really isn't a mock, but reporting what is going to happen.

As for Yakemchuk, I don't think he's a good fit with the Ducks. He's all offense, defense is far behind, and isn't disciplined. Yakemchuk has accrued 120 PIM in 66 games. This is in Yakemchuk's third season in the WHL. Anaheim was the most penalized team in the NHL this season. Why would we want to invest in a player who's supposed to be a top-4D not playing on the ice due to being very penalty prone?

• Yakemchuk
    • Games = 66
    • Points = 30g + 41a = 71 pts
      (5th for WHL d-men; high is 90 pts)
    • +/- = -6
      (tied at 144th for WHL d-men; high is +47)
    • PIM = 120
      (3rd for WHL d-men; high is 124 PIM)
  • Dickinson
    • Games = 68
    • Points = 18g + 52a = 70 pts
      (4th for OHL d-men; high is 96 pts)
    • +/- = +56
      (2nd for OHL d-men; high is +58)
    • PIM = 30
      (tied at 91st for OHL d-men; high is 128 PIM)
  • Levshunov
    • Games = 38
    • Points = 9g + 26a = 35 pts
      (9th for NCAA d-men, high is 50 pts)
    • +/- = +27
      (6th for NCAA d-men; high is +36)
    • PIM = 44
      (25th for NCAA d-men; high is 75 PIM)

Anaheim already possesses OFD's in Minty, Zell, and Luneau. We need more defense and discipline. If we can get both offense and defense from a D, then that's much better. Yakemchuk, at this point of his career, is all offense.

• Minty from game 21 - 63: 43 games, 17 pts, and -19 rating
  • Zell since his last call up from March 1 (game 5) to present (game 25): 21 games, 8 pts, and -8 rating
  • LaCombe from game 21 - 70: 50 games, 12 pts, and -10 rating

We need balance on our blueline with playing defense for our future. So finding a top-4 d-man who has a higher defensive aptitude should be a higher priority b/c most teams don't give away top-4 d-men (unless you're the Ducks).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pronman's list is based on who he thinks is most talented. Pronman's mock draft isn't based on his list; he'll alter his mock at the last moment to look "more accurate" - which is what happened when he altered Fantilli going to the Ducks to Carlsson going to the Ducks. That really isn't a mock, but reporting what is going to happen.

As for Yakemchuk, I don't think he's a good fit with the Ducks. He's all offense, defense is far behind, and isn't disciplined. Yakemchuk has accrued 120 PIM in 66 games. This is in Yakemchuk's third season in the WHL. Anaheim was the most penalized team in the NHL this season. Why would we want to invest in a player who's supposed to be a top-4D not playing on the ice due to being very penalty prone?

• Yakemchuk
    • Games = 66
    • Points = 30g + 41a = 71 pts
      (5th for WHL d-men; high is 90 pts)
    • +/- = -6
      (tied at 144th for WHL d-men; high is +47)
    • PIM = 120
      (3rd for WHL d-men; high is 124 PIM)
  • Dickinson
    • Games = 68
    • Points = 18g + 52a = 70 pts
      (4th for OHL d-men; high is 96 pts)
    • +/- = +56
      (2nd for OHL d-men; high is +58)
    • PIM = 30
      (tied at 91st for OHL d-men; high is 128 PIM)
  • Levshunov
    • Games = 38
    • Points = 9g + 26a = 35 pts
      (9th for NCAA d-men, high is 50 pts)
    • +/- = +27
      (6th for NCAA d-men; high is +36)
    • PIM = 44
      (25th for NCAA d-men; high is 75 PIM)

Anaheim already possesses OFD's in Minty, Zell, and Luneau. We need more defense and discipline. If we can get both offense and defense from a D, then that's much better. Yakemchuk, at this point of his career, is all offense.

• Minty from game 21 - 63: 43 games, 17 pts, and -19 rating
  • Zell since his last call up from March 1 (game 5) to present (game 25): 21 games, 8 pts, and -8 rating
  • LaCombe from game 21 - 70: 50 games, 12 pts, and -10 rating

We need balance on our blueline with playing defense for our future. So finding a top-4 d-man who has a higher defensive aptitude should be a higher priority b/c most teams don't give away top-4 d-men (unless you're the Ducks).

I think the defense will level Out as the offense gets better, we spend a lot of time without the puck and chasing. Also improving in the faceoff circle will help a bit too

I still think we should go dmen in this draft and hoping levshunov is available, if not I like buium/yakemchuk

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think the defense will level Out as the offense gets better, we spend a lot of time without the puck and chasing. Also improving in the faceoff circle will help a bit too

I still think we should go dmen in this draft and hoping levshunov is available, if not I like buium/yakemchuk
Already thinking about nick names for them:
Yakemchuk = Chuck or MakeMeChuckle
Zeev Buium (he looks a bit like Sacha Baron Cohen): Borat.
He also loos a bit like Jason Biggs from American Pie.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I like Yakemchuk but Pronman is an extreme outlier on him. There are real concerns about his ability to do the things offensively in the NHL that he does in the WHL. Defensively he is a bit of a trainwreck and that is troubling. And keeping in mind that this was his 3rd year of junior, he should be putting up the numbers that he did. But I'll admit that IF he reaches his full potential he would be a great pick.
Iv seen multiple scouting reports that say his offence is translatable to NHL and his defence which he needs to work on is coachable. That's what makes him a great pick.

Out of curiosity what’s everyone’s opinion on Adam Jiricek?

Where do you think he ends up going? If he starts to fall how early would you consider grabbing him (if at all)?

He has a good frame, room to add weight… he’s on the younger side of the draft(turns 18 on day 1 of draft), right handed dmen.

Seems like he’s kinda placed all over the draft
I would easily take him with the Oilers pick but he probably goes 15-20 so we will miss out

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR

Where do you think he ends up going? If he starts to fall how early would you consider grabbing him (if at all)?

He has a good frame, room to add weight… he’s on the younger side of the draft(turns 18 on day 1 of draft), right handed dmen.

IMO Jiricek is in the same tier as pretty much all the defenseman. What i've seen playing with his age he's physically dominate and super mobile... but a different guy against pros. Im betting there's teams that think he'll be a beast when he gains some weight and view him 5-10 range.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

I am interested in him if he's available later in round 1.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would look into Jack Bodin, from 6’4-5 shutdown RHD from the same club as Carlsson

EP link Jack Bodin at eliteprospects.com
Interesting, looks like he’s predicted to go around late 2nd/early 3rd.. could maybe snag him with Boston 2nd

Still 17 until the draft, so room to grow still…. I like it…. Would maybe even use a guy like Jones/Vaaks to move that pick up to ensure we get him

Screw it let’s go
#3 levshunov
#25 Emery/elick
#35 Badinka
#59 Bodin

Ones got to pan out right

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if they end up with picks 3-5, i would explore a trade regardless

aside from celebrini, lindstrom, and silayev, i really don't see anyone in the top 10 amounting to anything special

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
If we have the number 3 pick after the lottery, would you trade this pick to the Capitals for Leonard?

Probably. And trade up with the other pick to draft a D.

Is Leonard allowed to play for WSH in the playoffs? Pretty sure the answer is no but maybe I'm wrong.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Probably. And trade up with the other pick to draft a D.

Is Leonard allowed to play for WSH in the playoffs? Pretty sure the answer is no but maybe I'm wrong.
If he's not under contract, he won't be allowed to play for Washington. The news out there is that he's returning to Boston College, which means he won't sign a contract and therefore he will be ineligible to be on Washington's roster.

If he were willing to sign his ELC, I believe he could join the team immediately.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Nordic Cup in preparation for World Champs, Finland vs Sweden play 4 times: game 1 tonight.

Helenius centering 1st line for Finns, Unger Sörum and Lekkerimäki in the lineup for Swedes.

Helenius had a decent period, he looks like he belongs among the top national league players from around europe.

Speed, compete, playmaking is adequate, smarts and anticipation is how he creates advantages and chances. But he needs a lot more strength, I don't see him getting all that done over the summer, and he might benefit most from a large offensive role

Reactions: Kalv

Johnnyduck

Aug 24, 2010
Newport Beach
Team "Carter Yakemchuk"

But I wish we had another low 1st for Buium, something about that kid.
May sound crazy but I don't really feel the desire to win 1st OA.
Another high end C makes things really interesting and probably messy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
if they end up with picks 3-5, i would explore a trade regardless

aside from celebrini, lindstrom, and silayev, i really don't see anyone in the top 10 amounting to anything special
I don’t even find lidstrom or silayev that special…

Celebrini levshunov are the only guys at top of draft I like.

After that it’s like
Yakemchuk, buium, iginla and MBN

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I just don’t find Levshunov all that special. Screams long term project when we need talent now.

Verbeeks ‘overripen’ mantra has been BS so far
Well we haven't seen the results of overripen since it takes years for a prospect to overripen.
Colorado overriped Makar and it turned out well.

He got the overripen mantra from Yzerman in Detroit with how they developed Seider, Raymond and Edvinsson. I think big Ed is a bit overrated though and hasn't shown anything in the NHL yet while Dmen from the 2022 class already have.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Interesting, looks like he’s predicted to go around late 2nd/early 3rd.. could maybe snag him with Boston 2nd

Still 17 until the draft, so room to grow still…. I like it…. Would maybe even use a guy like Jones/Vaaks to move that pick up to ensure we get him

Screw it let’s go
#3 levshunov
#25 Emery/elick
#35 Badinka
#59 Bodin

Ones got to pan out right

I don't know what scouting media you're looking at, but Bodin isn't projected at a late 2nd/ 3rd pick. That's Soini.

CSB Final Ranking (EU), 2024
#17 RD Soini (6'2, 188 lbs, 17 years old until Jun 10th)
#63 RD Bodin (6'3, 214 lbs, 17 years old until Jul 3rd)

Remember, CSB splits their scouting between NA and EU. Although Soini is ranked #17 on the EU list, he's probably a late 2nd/3rd round projection or lower. That means Bodin will probably be picked even lower.

There's not much scouting report on Bodin. Here's just one article I found online about him.

At his size and weight along with being a RHD, it is a bit disappointing that he is still in the U20 league. Bodin could be a very late bloomer skill-wise, but at his massive height and weight advantage should have him playing above players around his age. He feels like a late round project.

To add some perspective, Soini has been playing above U20 in Finland with the Mestis league and Liiga (Finland's top men's league).

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I just don’t find Levshunov all that special. Screams long term project when we need talent now.

Verbeeks ‘overripen’ mantra has been BS so far

Anaheim is finishing with the 3rd worst record in the NHL. There is no generational talent in this draft that will play next year and produce like Bedard.

If Anaheim needs talent now, then it needs to sign a high priced FA or trade for an established NHL'er this summer.

LD Minty is a 10th overall pick from the 2022 draft. He's here now, but he's also been struggling when playing top-4 minutes in his D+2 season. Any d-man we draft this year probably will need an extra year to develop and then come over. Are you saying that Minty is a long term project too?

As for Lev, he's got an NHL body today, but still learning to play high-end defense since coming over to NA two seasons ago from Belarus. His defense has improved between the USHL and NCAA, going from -15 last year (USHL) to +27 this year (NCAA). Before the playoffs, Lev led his team in scoring. With the playoffs, he's second in scoring by one point. Defensively, he leads his team in +/- with a +27. Second on the team is a +20, Lev's d-parnter Niehuis - who is 24 years old. That's six years older than Lev!

I don't know if Lev is special, but I do know he has improved and willing to improve as he leads his team as a freshman in scoring and +/-. He's got a high floor today and the motivation to be better. We have a void on the right side of defense, especially for defensive d-men. Lev is a BPA + need match.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't know what scouting media you're looking at, but Bodin isn't projected at a late 2nd/ 3rd pick. That's Soini.

CSB Final Ranking (EU), 2024
#17 RD Soini (6'2, 188 lbs, 17 years old until Jun 10th)
#63 RD Bodin (6'3, 214 lbs, 17 years old until Jul 3rd)

Remember, CSB splits their scouting between NA and EU. Although Soini is ranked #17 on the EU list, he's probably a late 2nd/3rd round projection or lower. That means Bodin will probably be picked even lower.

There's not much scouting report on Bodin. Here's just one article I found online about him.

At his size and weight along with being a RHD, it is a bit disappointing that he is still in the U20 league. Bodin could be a very late bloomer skill-wise, but at his massive height and weight advantage should have him playing above players around his age. He feels like a late round project.

To add some perspective, Soini has been playing above U20 in Finland with the Mestis league and Liiga (Finland's top men's league).

Ya lol was reading EU not overall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad