Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I thing Iginla will be a first line player, and Levshunov a top pairing defenseman. Celebrini is the best looking player in the draft, and he plays a great brand of hockey. The rest is moot. I'd be very happy with either package, but gun to my head? Levshunov and Iginla.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I thing Iginla will be a first line player, and Levshunov a top pairing defenseman. Celebrini is the best looking player in the draft, and he plays a great brand of hockey. The rest is moot. I'd be very happy with either package, but gun to my head? Levshunov and Iginla.
Mukhamadullin is moot?!?!?

He’s a Jack Eichel/Jack Hughes tier prospect. There aren’t more than 5-6 more impressive first overall prospects over the last fifteen years.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I can't be the only one who doesn't see #1 center upside with Celebrini right?
I think he absolutely has 1c upside, just not sure if he's a guy that falls into the top 15 centers, or more in the 10-30 range. If I was confident he was a top 15 center, I would keep 1OA with zero hesitation.

Mukhamadullin is moot?!?!?

He’s a Jack Eichel/Jack Hughes tier prospect. There aren’t more than 5-6 more impressive first overall prospects over the last fifteen years.
Sorry moot was poor word choice. I think he's a bottom 4 guy, which is totally good, just doesn't excite me.

rt

May 13, 2004
25B24E26-23D2-4773-8F52-372423D70556.jpeg

He’s the only 17 year old men’s ice hockey player in the entire NCAA.

rt

May 13, 2004
Other thing about Celebrini is that putting aside his historic levels of production and extremely young age, and that he’s essentially two years ahead of schedule for NCAA, all of that aside is the fact that he’s essentially the perfect positional player and is ultra smart and excellent defensively. Like Jack Eichel from red line in, and like Ryan O’Reilly from redline back.

This is why I’ve been saying since the fall that my comp for him is Joe Pavelski. But a better skating, more physically engaged Joe pavelski. Which would of course be an absolutely unreal player.

I feel like he was designed in a lab by hockey coaches for hockey coaches.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Other thing about Celebrini is that putting aside his historic levels of production and extremely young age, and that he’s essentially two years ahead of schedule for NCAA, all of that aside is the fact that he’s essentially the perfect positional player and is ultra smart and excellent defensively. Like Jack Eichel from red line in, and like Ryan O’Reilly from redline back.

This is why I’ve been saying since the fall that my comp for him is Joe Pavelski. But a better skating, more physically engaged Joe pavelski. Which would of course be an absolutely unreal player.

I feel like he was designed in a lab by hockey coaches for hockey coaches.
I hope he gets another 2-3 inches and 20lbs, just turns into a machine, but for us. Celebrini, Cooley, Geekie, Hayton, and McBain covering the middle would be insane.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

May 13, 2004
I hope he gets another 2-3 inches and 20lbs, just turns into a machine, but for us. Celebrini, Cooley, Geekie, Hayton, and McBain covering the middle would be insane.
He’s already a very stout kid. He engaged physically and wins battles despite being a 17 year old. D1 is much bigger and much older than the CHL, as an example. Not as soft as the OHL or the QMJHL either. Those two leagues honestly may as well use PeeWee rules. They’re non-checking leagues for the most part. It truly looks like women’s hockey most games.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I’ve been watching about 6-8 games per week this season. I’ve be game pretty much every night. Either Yotes, CHL, MHL, NCAA or USHL. Watched a lot of CHL and much less of the MHL, NCAA and USHL this season (though I’ll be watching a ton of MHL playoffs). So I’ve seen multiple games of every guy on my top 21 there. And some I’ve seen well over a dozen times.

I’d say that makes me some kind of authority on the subject except for one minor detail; I have no idea what I’m doing. Haha. I’m no scout. Not even close. I watch a bunch of games and I pick out which kids I like best. Then I watch all the YouTube scout videos and listen to all the prospect podcasts and read all the articles.

I’ve watched every draft since 1996. I’ve followed the draft very closely since 2001. I watch all the international tournaments. And I pay very close attention.

But I still have no idea what I am doing. I can’t project a prospect into the future like a scout can. I don’t know the tiny details of what I’m looking at. I’ve never played or coached at a level higher than rec league. It’s always been just for fun hockey I’ve been involved in. And I watch junior games as a fan. And follow the draft as a fan.
The Tibetan teacher Kalu Rinpoche puts it this way:

You live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality, but you do not know this. When you understand this, you will see that you are nothing, and being nothing you are everything. That is all.

Congratulations! @rt

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

rt

May 13, 2004
The Tibetan teacher Kalu Rinpoche puts it this way:

You live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality, but you do not know this. When you understand this, you will see that you are nothing, and being nothing you are everything. That is all.

Congratulations! @rt
I’ve always known I’m a dumbass. No revelations necessary.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I’ve always known I’m a dumbass. No revelations necessary.
I get it...I just thought it sounded better than...

When you understand this, you will see that you are a dumbass, and being a dumbass you are ass.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've seen some reporting that Celebrini might go back for his sophomore year.

Imagine Celebrini, But, MavLam and Simashev all onboarding for their rookie years together. :oops:

Reactions: lanky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad