Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Cameron Poe Dameron

Jul 19, 2022
Yeah depending on his injury I'm not sure he's there for us. I just started watching some of these top ten range guys and was puzzled why he's been ranked relatively low compared to what I'm seeing. Seems like a very BA type pick. That range definitely seems pretty tight, good for us.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah depending on his injury I'm not sure he's there for us. I just started watching some of these top ten range guys and was puzzled why he's been ranked relatively low compared to what I'm seeing. Seems like a very BA type pick. That range definitely seems pretty tight, good for us.
Are you watching games from the beginning of the season forward?

Cameron Poe Dameron

Jul 19, 2022
Are you watching games from the beginning of the season forward?
I watched a few shift by shift games, don't remember which ones, and a couple scouting breakdown ones. So not a ton really. Sounds like he progressed a good amount from the beginning of the season?
Just saw some of yakemchuk too, really like him as well.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I bet you that BA will try as hard as he can to use some extra picks to move up and have two top 10 picks this year. Pretty confident it’s going to happen. Wonder if two of our 2nd’s and one 3rd is enough to get up to the top 10…maybe toss in a Jan Jenik.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

rt

May 13, 2004
To get to 11th for Geekie we traded 27th, 34th, and 45th.

Right now we have 6th, 38th, 47th and 64th.

There’s no way to do this.

Unless Schmaltz+64th gets us 27th (I really doubt it). Then we might be able to get up to 12th, or so.

I bet you that BA will try as hard as he can to use some extra picks to move up and have two top 10 picks this year. Pretty confident it’s going to happen. Wonder if two of our 2nd’s and one 3rd is enough to get up to the top 10…maybe toss in a Jan Jenik.
That might be an enough to get us to the bottom ten of the 1st but it’s nowhere near enough to get to the top ten of the 1st.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Unless Schmaltz+64th gets us 27th (I really doubt it). Then we might be able to get up to 12th, or so.

That might be an enough to get us to the bottom ten of the 1st but it’s nowhere near enough to get to the top ten of the 1st.
SJ has Pitts pick which is looking to be around 11.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

Yeeeeah….probably the case, sadly. Even if it’s not top 10 I hope they move up and get two 1st rounders

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I forgot about that trade. That was a dumb move by SJ.
It makes sense to want volume at the start of a rebuild. And they dug themselves in a hole with 3 horrible contracts they couldn't move for 1sts and 2nds like us + contracts that wouldn't allow them to take on bad contracts for picks. I think it was a decent idea and time will tell how it turns out.

I don't think a rebuilding team does that twice, especially getting that additional 1st from moving a generational player.

Reactions: Freddy Sjostrom

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It makes sense to want volume at the start of a rebuild. And they dug themselves in a hole with 3 horrible contracts they couldn't move for 1sts and 2nds like us + contracts that wouldn't allow them to take on bad contracts for picks. I think it was a decent idea and time will tell how it turns out.

I don't think a rebuilding team does that twice, especially getting that additional 1st from moving a generational player.
Reminded me more of a nfl style trade and goven SJ’s GM’s family background i believe that played a factor. Grier’s father and. Brother have experience in nfl front offices.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Reminded me more of a nfl style trade and goven SJ’s GM’s family background i believe that played a factor. Grier’s father and. Brother have experience in nfl front offices.
Hopefully BA can do it again. Mind you, he would probably draft another Russian who is five years away from playing for the Coyote's. Just in time for our next re-build.:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Mangosteen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

If we trade Schmaltz and say the 38th. or what ever I want a NHL roster player, no draft picks.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Just happen to be reading other teams draft discussions and what I can say...no we will not be trading down. As much as you want 2 top-10 picks...I think SJ wants/needs that more than any team in the league.
At this time of year, I'm more inclined to dream what the Sharks would give up for Celebrini .: 2 top-10 picks +, and who would be available at those picks...

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Think this might be my top 15. It's a mix of where I think guys will go, with some personal bias sprinkled in.
  1. Celebrini
  2. Levshunov
  3. Lindstrom
  4. Silayev
  5. Dickinson
  6. Demidov
  7. Helenius
  8. Catton
  9. Yakemchuck
  10. Iginla
  11. Eiserman
  12. Parekh
  13. Buium
  14. Jiricek
  15. Greentree

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004
Think this might be my top 15. It's a mix of where I think guys will go, with some personal bias sprinkled in.
  1. Celebrini
  2. Levshunov
  3. Lindstrom
  4. Silayev
  5. Dickinson
  6. Demidov
  7. Helenius
  8. Catton
  9. Yakemchuck
  10. Iginla
  11. Eiserman
  12. Parekh
  13. Buium
  14. Jiricek
  15. Greentree
  1. Celebrini
  2. Demidov
  3. Silayev
  4. Levshunov
  5. Yakemchuk
  6. Parekh
  7. Lindstrom
  8. Buium
  9. Dickinson
  10. Catton
  11. Iginla
  12. Eiserman
  13. Brandsegg-Nygard
  14. Helenius
  15. Chernyshov

We’ve got most of the same guys.

For me:

Tier 1: Celebrini
Tier 2: Demidov
Tier 3: Silayev, Levshunov, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Lindstrom
Tier 4: Buium, Dickinson
Tier 5: Catton, Iginla, Eiserman
Tier 6: Nygard, Helenius, Chernyshov
Tier 7: Luchanko, Surin, Pulkkinen, Solberg, Letourneau

I guess that’s my top 21.

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
  1. Celebrini
  2. Demidov
  3. Silayev
  4. Levshunov
  5. Yakemchuk
  6. Parekh
  7. Lindstrom
  8. Buium
  9. Dickinson
  10. Catton
  11. Iginla
  12. Eiserman
  13. Brandsegg-Nygard
  14. Helenius
  15. Chernyshov

We’ve got most of the same guys.

For me:

Tier 1: Celebrini
Tier 2: Demidov
Tier 3: Silayev, Levshunov, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Lindstrom
Tier 4: Buium, Dickinson
Tier 5: Catton, Iginla, Eiserman
Tier 6: Nygard, Helenius, Chernyshov
Tier 7: Luchanko, Surin, Pulkkinen, Solberg, Letourneau

I guess that’s my top 21.
I'm REALLY hoping that Pulkkinen falls to our 2nd round selection, I fear he goes before the end of the 1st.

Reactions: hbk

Cameron Poe Dameron

Jul 19, 2022
Just based off of my opinions of players after shift by shifts and clips. Anyone missing I just haven't seen much of yet.
Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom Buium Silayev
Yakemchuk
Levshunov Catton Iginla
Helenius Parekh
Dickinson

I really like Pulkinnen as well, he's such a wild card. I have no idea where I'd take him. I heard in a video mentioned he only really starting taking hockey seriously last offseason after the draft. Which is really interesting if true. Could be taken as very encouraging for his growth or concerning that his interest would wane again at some point.

I haven't been at all impressed with Eiserman. His shot is great but I'd need a really compelling explanation of why he seemingly refuses to hockey outside of waiting for a scoring chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad