2024 NHL Draft

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Raty was not a bad pick we basically got 2nd round value out of him in the Horvat trade.

You mean we basically got 1st round value out of him.

And that's true!

Basically everything he did as part of our organization after being picked was worthy of a 1st rounder.

And the kid has now put up 51 points in 70 AHL games in his second season in North America. He's just 21 and will be until next November.

He's got tiiiiiiiiiiiime on his hands.

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Not a bad pick? Go back and look at the draft; the entire league thought we got the steal of the draft . . .

And look at how Brad Lambert has been doing since Winnipeg brought him over.

The dude is exactly 20. And will be until next December.

And he's playing his first season of AHL hockey. 54 points in 63 games.

Had all the tools, but Winnipeg got to laugh their way to the podium when they grabbed him 30th overall.

Moral of the story:
Even if a kid from Finland with the goods has a poor draft year, draft him. :D

We’re going to draft my boy Sasha Boisvert. I feel in my bones!! Kids gonna be a good solid player. Lots of upside.

Our scouts are surely well aware of the fact he's headed to North Dakota.

And you know how much they like to keep the trips they make each winter relatively limited.

For me, throw him in with Hage, Letourneau, and Eriksson as players I wouldn't mind adding at the end of the first round.

Then snag a falling Misa in Round 2.

Reactions: leeroggy

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Had all the tools, but Winnipeg got to laugh their way to the podium when they grabbed him 30th overall.

Moral of the story:

And you know how much they like to keep the trips they make each winter relatively limited.

For me, throw him in with Hage, Letourneau, and Eriksson as players I wouldn't mind adding at the end of the first round.

I like the way you think. I wasn’t sure where Misa was projected to go. I’ve seen 2nd - 4th I love his game. Draft him and the next year draft his brother!! lol

Imma big fan of Boisvert though. Think he projects really well.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Moral of the story:

But will they be available at 32 and 64 when we draft?

Reactions: JRD76

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
IMG_0727.jpeg

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
@Chapin Landvogt what’s your thoughts on Matvei Grindin?

Hes teammates with Boisvert. They were a deadly 1-2 punch. Hes headed to Michigan. I wouldn’t mind getting both of them somehow.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
@Chapin Landvogt what’s your thoughts on Matvei Grindin?

Hes teammates with Boisvert. They were a deadly 1-2 punch. Hes headed to Michigan. I wouldn’t mind getting both of them somehow.

Great shot, especially the one-timer. Seems to have an easy time generating offense in the USHL.

His stance can be a bit bow-legged, which often leads to decreased straightaway speed.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he goes top 35.

I would be surprised if he makes it past 60.

I think the Isles will have better options if they use their pick.

When the time approaches, I'll provide y'all with boatloads of options for when the Isles will be picking, even in lieu of our SC victory.

Still, right now I'm wondering what promising and cost-controlled 22/23-year old NHLer from a team full of them will be coming over in exchange for that first rounder?

Reactions: steveat and SI90

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
What does everyone think of Michael Brandsegg-Nygard? Love that he's a big power forward with a booming shot. Looks like he may be available wherever the Isles draft.

scott99

May 13, 2005
What does everyone think of Michael Brandsegg-Nygard? Love that he's a big power forward with a booming shot. Looks like he may be available wherever the Isles draft.
He’ll team well with our late round pick last year, Denis Good-Dog.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I only remember him from the WJC tournament. He we was clearly Norways best player. Other than that I’m not too familiar with him. Need to dive a little more

Reactions: saintunspecified

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I only remember him from the WJC tournament. He we was clearly Norways best player. Other than that I’m not too familiar with him. Need to dive a little more

Draft C's and RHD's in the 1st and 2nd, go with the premium value positions. That's my philosophy.

Reactions: SI90

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It's very hard to tell whether he's really good or simply ahead of the development/maturity curve than other guys. He's on the older side of the draft class, and imo he should start in the AHL right away. That might mean he could fall to NYI, and if so would be a good low-risk pick.

Reactions: SI90

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
It's very hard to tell whether he's really good or simply ahead of the development/maturity curve than other guys. He's on the older side of the draft class, and imo he should start in the AHL right away. That might mean he could fall to NYI, and if so would be a good low-risk pick.

There's some real good stuff here. Nygard has done some wonderful things and can really shoot.

Having watched a lot of Hockey Allsvenskan this year, he's not the guy I'd take in the first round unless we'd be drafting 25 or later and he'd be there.

Can't put an exact finger on it, but I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Herlyn

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad