Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I have never put much credence into Button’s rankings. He seems to be wildly different than the consensus. Not a fan of his work.

I guess I don't mind Button's rankings as much as others. If anything, I think it just serves as a reminder that it's a big world and it'd be tough for any single person to cover everything.

The ranking that I tend to ignore is Central Scouting's, but since they don't have a punchable face associated with it, they don't nearly get the same amount of flack.

I think our minds would be blown if we ever saw a team's actual list. If I recall correctly, Vancouver's 2010 list and part of Philly's 2013 accidentally got leaked. Those were definitely not consensus.

Unfortunately Vancouver didn't have many picks that year after trading for Keith Ballard. Their first pick was in the 4th round was a guy named Patrick McNally who was #26 on the supposed leaked list. Their 5th rounder was ranked #31.

Colorado's head scout happily bragged that they had Ryan O'Reilly (33rd overall), Stefan Elliott (49th), and Tyson Barrie (64th) ranked 15th/22nd/24th on their 2009 list.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I still contend that Eiserman at 8 is insane value.

Definitely don't disagree. Just the way the order might shake out, I could see Eiserman slip. Maybe not too different than Oliver Wahlstrom dropping a few spots in 2018?

Columbus/Montreal/Buffalo seemingly don't need wingers. Seattle's used its three first rounders on forwards, so maybe they're looking D. Anaheim's suddenly drowning in left shot forwards. Arizona could use a bit of everything.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Definitely don't disagree. Just the way the order might shake out, I could see Eiserman slip. Maybe not too different than Oliver Wahlstrom dropping a few spots in 2018?

Columbus/Montreal/Buffalo seemingly don't need wingers. Seattle's used its three first rounders on forwards, so maybe they're looking D. Anaheim's suddenly drowning in left shot forwards. Arizona could use a bit of everything.

Including a new city

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
I still contend that Eiserman at 8 is insane value.

That’s realistically the highest he can go in my opinion - pretty clearly the #2 wing in the draft, 3 centers are likely to go ahead of him as well with a 4th right there with Eiserman so that already 4/5 before you look at any defenders.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm putting extra value on fwd's with size and speed. Who fits that mold where we will be drafting.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Eiserman's upside is far higher than Wahlstrom's was, but he also has red flags where Wahlstrom did not. If Eiserman puts it all together, I'd say he has 50+ goal, 100+ point potential at the highest level, and no I'm not exaggerating. But he also has an all-around game which is a bit concerning, to say the least.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
good news for the lindstrom fans, at long last he returns to the lineup for medicine hats playoff game tonight (9pm ET). the word from pronman was that he also dealt with a back injury while he was out, but i never really heard much else about it

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Eiserman's upside is far higher than Wahlstrom's was, but he also has red flags where Wahlstrom did not. If Eiserman puts it all together, I'd say he has 50+ goal, 100+ point potential at the highest level, and no I'm not exaggerating. But he also has an all-around game which is a bit concerning, to say the least.
He's way more likely to be a Reid Boucher than the 50 goal 100 point guy.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I have zero interest in Eiserman. He has one high end skill and the rest of his game is not good. How many successful NHL Players are consistently putting up a 2:1 Goals to Assist ratio?
Its reasonable to wait from some other team to mistakenly bait on him. In modern league goalscoring is about puckbattling, positioning, separation speed, gap control, manipulating and iq. Shot is just a cherry on top of the pie.
I wouldn't draft him in top 20.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It looks like there is a big chance that BPA in our draft position will be RW. Are we gonna draft more right wingers even if we are have enough and even more?

Today, I'm posting two Levshunov games for your viewing. There are generally more of them on YouTube. if anyone is interested to see it.

Levshunov is big, good at skating, athletic. Everything is fine, he needs to be smarter and see his partners. He's not Quinn Hughes, but in general, skating is better for his size, not worse than Power. People like to compare him with Ristolainen and Phaneuf. I think for now its fair.

As a result, I have a clear eight very talented guys from this draft who will decide on their role and with the maximum probability will be what they should be in the NHL
Where the top 3 in talent is
Celebrini, Lindstrom and Demidov
And then there's the five
Dickinson, Buium, Catton, Silaev and Levshunov.

All these players with the highest probability will not be selected by us. W have to try hard to fall to be so low. I can assume that one or two other hockey players will fit into this eight, but after that "top-8" will most likely be picked up quickly. so the lower we go, the higher the chances of a great hockey player. And while we are 12th, I hardly believe that someone will be available. But it is necessary to consider all of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Its reasonable to wait from some other team to mistakenly bait on him. In modern league goalscoring is about puckbattling, positioning, separation speed, gap control, manipulating and iq. Shot is just a cherry on top of the pie.
I wouldn't draft him in top 20.
Does Eiserman remind you at all of Kaliyev?

Reactions: Guadana

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Eiserman hate is hilarious, especially from a fanbase that fawns over Alex Holtz, who is essentially Walmart Cole Eiserman.

Eiserman is a one trick pony, but he's really f***ing good at what he does and it's absolutely going to translate to the next level.

If he's sitting there around 10th overall when the Devils are picking, I'd be all over it. No shot I'm passing on the guy who's top 8 in USNTDP all-time points with Jack Hughes, Will Smith, Clayton Keller, Gabe Perrault, Phil Kessel, Cole Caufield, and Patrick Kane.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Does Eiserman remind you at all of Kaliyev?
Wahlstrom, Kaliyev, He isn't playing like Holtz, but in some bigger picture they have something similar. And you know, I never was a fan of them to draft. I wish them all only good and succeed, but I see a lot of red flags, that can limit their nhl overall potential. He should be better than Kaliyev in theory, but on my taste there are a lot of degrees between Kaliyev and really good top-6 NHL player. I don't want to gamble against Eiserman, he looks like a player with potential, especially if he will work on some parts of his game - Tippet is a very good example of it. But he spent some time for adapting and developing his game, he is more physical and still has some flaws in his game. I prefer to draft players who are smarter and better two way players. I think from our draft scouting period we should learn it to bet on other guys.

Last edited:

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Wahlstrom, Kaliyev, He isn't playing like Holtz, but in some bigger picture they have something similar. And you know, I never was a fan of them to draft. I wish them all only good and succeed, but I see a lot of red flags, that can limit their nhl overall potential.
Comparing Wahlstrom and Kaliyev to Eiserman is like comparing Tedenby to Jesper Bratt. They may have some similarities to their playing style, but the talent level and ability are not remotely comparable.

Wahlstrom and Kaliyev never produced or had the ability to produce like Eiserman.

Reactions: Guttersniped

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The Eiserman hate is hilarious, especially from a fanbase that fawns over Alex Holtz, who is essentially Walmart Cole Eiserman.

Eiserman is a one trick pony, but he's really f***ing good at what he does and it's absolutely going to translate to the next level.

If he's sitting there around 10th overall when the Devils are picking, I'd be all over it. No shot I'm passing on the guy who's top 8 in USNTDP all-time points with Jack Hughes, Will Smith, Clayton Keller, Gabe Perrault, Phil Kessel, Cole Caufield, and Patrick Kane.
I don’t see that. Some folks think Hoktz has some good per 60 numbers and should be given a full and fair chance to play a top six role to help him develop but I don’t see any ousters saying he’s a sure thing or seeing him as a core player.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Comparing Wahlstrom and Kaliyev to Eiserman is like comparing Tedenby to Jesper Bratt. They may have some similarities to their playing style, but the talent level and ability are not remotely comparable.

Wahlstrom and Kaliyev never produced or had the ability to produce like Eiserman.
I don't care about producing. No, of course I care, but mostly not. Combo of iq and skills is way more important than producing on the junior level. Good players are better at hockey, not on the shooting ability only.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I don't care about producing. No, of course I care, but mostly not. Combo of iq and skills is way more important than producing on the junior level. Good players are better at hockey, not on the shooting ability only.
Production is the best predictor of future success, especially for forwards. If you're ignoring production and just looking at IQ and tools then you're going to draft poorly.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don’t see that. Some folks think Hoktz has some good per 60 numbers and should be given a full and fair chance to play a top six role to help him develop but I don’t see any ousters saying he’s a sure thing or seeing him as a core player.
Absolutely agree. And even if Eiserman is a better version of Holtz - I don't see it, Holtz was much more disciplined, way much better passer - we still need other player to add to the roster. Overall I don't think that "25-35 one way goal scorer with weak two way game" is a very important part of the hockey game. We saw it with Toffoli. He was much better goal scorer that Tatar previous season. But Tatar made more positive impact in the season previous year.

Production is the best predictor of future success, especially for forwards. If you're ignoring production and just looking at IQ and tools then you're going to draft poorly.
So tell me how Rantanen is a better player than Kakko. Or how Raymond can be so good in compare to many other sweeds. Better than...

Pam
Pam
Paaaaaaam

Better than Holtz.

And I didn't compare Rantanen and Raymond with productive NA junior players.
Sorry, but production isn't the best predictor of future success.

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020

You do realize Holtz was just as hyped as Eiserman as a prospect. He was a consensus top 4 guy along with Lafreniere, Byfield and Raymond prior to his draft season and much like Eiserman fell to more of a back half of top 10 guy by draft day.

Wahlstrom and Zadina had elite production and elite goal scoring and not much else and both guys have struggled to stay in the NHL.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

three games with Nygard game. And his shift by shift video.

I have my own different opinions about him. Different from the start, different from how it translate through the games, how it feels now.

After my Great top-8 Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Dickinson, Buium, Ctton, Levshunov, Silayev
he is in my next tier of two players in top-10. Him and Chernyshov.
Brandsegg-Nygard is very good and smart two way player. I would say he is positional player. He knows where he should be on the both ends of the ice with and without the puck, he is scanning the ice, watching where his partners are. And even if he doesnt do something shiny, doesnt hold the puck for a long time - its just he doesnt need to do that. He sees the open partner, he sees the open space, he will make a play and the play will be right. He is physical enough, strong enough and he is doing his physical things not in the poppy way - he is very pragmatic and protect the puck before the puck battle even starts. He has good shot and with his positional game he will produce on NHL level. Skating, speed, compete level, iq, two way game, everything you are asking for.
He looks like a perfect player to play with your top line center. May be he isnt pure line driver, but his two way impact and decision making are great. I can imagine he is very good third liner with 17 goals and 40 points and in the next year he is perfect first liner with 25 goals 60 points who is making every shift clean and great. It would be awesome to see him with Nico on the ice.

The only problem with him is his position - he is right winger. I m all in to draft BPA, or pick the need between BPAs. But him and Chernyshov are RWs. And with Timo, Bratt, Mercer, Holtz and even Lenny we are stacked at this position.

1711933143329.png

And his hair. Its bad.

Last edited:

evnted

Apr 14, 2016

three games with Nygard game. And his shift by shift video.

I have my own different opinions about him. Different from the start, different from how it translate through the games, how it feels now.

After my Great top-8 Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Dickinson, Buium, Levshunov, Silayev
he is in my next tier of two players in top-10. Him and Chernyshov.
Brandsegg-Nygard is very good and smart two way player. I would say he is positional player. He knows where he should be on the both ends of the ice with and without the puck, he is scanning the ice, watching where his partners are. And even if he doesnt do something shiny, doesnt hold the puck for a long time - its just he doesnt need to do that. He sees the open partner, he sees the open space, he will make a play and the play will be right. He is physical enough, strong enough and he is doing his physical things not in the poppy way - he is very pragmatic and protect the puck before the puck battle even starts. He has good shot and with his positional game he will produce on NHL level. Skating, speed, compete level, iq, two way game, everything you are asking for.
He looks like a perfect player to play with your top line center. May be he isnt pure line driver, but his two way impact and decision making are great. I can imagine he is very good third liner with 17 goals and 40 points and in the next year he is perfect first liner with 25 goals 60 points who is making every shift clean and great. It would be awesome to see him with Nico on the ice.

The only problem with him is his position - he is right winger. I m all in to draft BPA, or pick the need between BPAs. But him and Chernyshov are RWs. And with Timo, Bratt, Mercer, Holtz and even Lenny we are stacked at this position.

View attachment 844257

And his hair. Its bad.

mora is about to begin their semifinal matchup against djurgarden if anyone wants to catch him in action this week. unfortunately havent had much of a chance yet myself, though it seems like he had some good moments against aik. highlight would have to be his double overtime goal (granted it was off a defender)

i think hes been out with an illness the last few games but djurgarden has an interesting mid round target worth watching as well, linus eriksson. smart, adaptable center with great speed/pace. good decisions on the puck and adept defensive awareness/positioning for his age. lacks some offensive upside as hes a pretty simple N-S puck carrier who defers to linemates to really generate chances, but hes at least willing to drive middle ice

and i see your mbn hair and raise you artamonov's hair lol
41257.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad