Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
If the Devils win the lotto 1-2-3, would you be ok with (Saros, Markstrom) for said pick? Or would that be overpay?

Maybe a pick swap (1-2-3)+ Holtz for Saros + pick 22? (1-2–3)+ Holtz for Markstrom + pick 12.
I think the lotto is strictly 1-2 now, right?

And yes, that's an overpay and almost certainly won't happen. The NHL just doesn't trade those picks

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
thanks G, I listened to this kids interviews and he sound mature for his age. not great and any one thing but solid across the board. big but not physical, good leverage and boxing out. long reach. didnt think hes top 5, was hoping 7 or 8
I would want it, but im not wait it. Would be great to draft him(if Lindstrom and Demidov are not available). As great as draft Catton or Buium.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If the Devils win the lotto 1-2-3, would you be ok with (Saros, Markstrom) for said pick? Or would that be overpay?

Maybe a pick swap (1-2-3)+ Holtz for Saros + pick 22? (1-2–3)+ Holtz for Markstrom + pick 12.
A top three pick is worth an awful lot more than either Saros or Markstrom.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
2 years of markstrom at 34 a year after he was sub .900 certainly won't return that. I'd wager if they move a first for markstrom, it's a 2025 pick that is top 10-12 protected.

Devils will likely think that 25 pick is going to be 20+ I'd wager

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Win 1OA, draft Celebrini, and then sign Pandolfo as Head Coach 😉.
We will be okay even with second pick.

Celebrini is a great hockey player. Some kind of 75-85 points level with very good defensive game. Perfect third line center. O think there is a big chance that some players have more upside, but team will never regret about drafting Celebrini.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
thanks G, I listened to this kids interviews and he sound mature for his age. not great and any one thing but solid across the board. big but not physical, good leverage and boxing out. long reach. didnt think hes top 5, was hoping 7 or 8
I forgot sens has Kleven with Sanderson on the left side. It should push them to draft Demidov(they didn't drat Russians and small players in the early first round for ~20 years) or other forward/right defenseman. Parekh doesn't look like sens pick from philosophy and need perspective but Yakemchuk is look like more of what they could draft in this situation.
Arizona drafted LD Simashev early year ago, so I still think that Demidov has more chances to be drafted by Arizona in thus situation. Need star, don't afraid to draft Russians.
If they will take Demidov, mtl isn't the team to draft Dickinson with Hutson, Xjekai and Guhle on the left side and Reinbacher with Logan M on the right.
It will push Buium and Dickinson to the Devils pick. Its a huge opportunity for thus irganisation. I will be happy with both.
I just hope Arizona will not draft Dickinson(their defensive depth isn't great) and after that MTL will not draft Demidov - its a miracle luck for them after what kind of sh1t they and their media did with Michkov. Wish them Eiserman.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

today is the day to watch Zeev Buium! One of my two favorite top defensemen from this draft(with Dickinson). It’s more likely top talented forwards C Lindstrom, W Demidov and C Catton will not be available for our pick(mtl and cbj have a hard need in offensive talents), so one or may be two left defensemen should be available, because teams like Ducks, Ottawa, Chicago have a hard need in Right defensemen.
Buium is left defenseman with average size. But with good skating, very good speed, he is physical, good in backcheck and the most important and impressive skill is his positional iq. He is good transitional defenseman. His puck skills are good too- he manipulates by his opponents, changing direction of the move, I like this style of puck handling more because it’s better translatable to nhl level. He is aggressive two way defenseman who likes to drive and create plays. His iq should help him to adapt his game and separate from average defensemen, it’s a top-2/top-4 potential. I think he has huge potential but have some issues too - he isn’t great backward skater and should work on this aspect. Overall need to work on skating. For his style of play he needs to gain more weight.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
There are no goalies in the league that would return a top 2 draft pick.

The Devils are picking at 8 currently. thats roughly worth Swayman.

Markstrom rental (1yr contract) can maybe return a high 20s pick but only for this year, due to the depth of this draft generally considered to be weak.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Top 8 pick chould be dealt for top goalie under control in the package only. Top 2 pick is untouchable or should be traded for top end player under control.

Top 8 pick will bring D with top pair potential for 7-10+ years under control. Dealing it for Saros or Ullmark with 2-3 may be four-five years of good game and 3-5 years of cap penalty isn't smart. I just hope Fitz agree. He can try to sign one of them ywar after or deal them for cheaper compensation on the deadline.

Overall its conversation for other thread. This trade isn't about trading the pick in a stupid trade for a future ufa goalie. Its about draft.

Last edited:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I’m in thinking about it.

After your words I found three more games of Nygard. And watched Boisvert and Iginla too because of your dialogue with @StevenToddIves

And on my taste Nygard>Boisvert>Iginla
Nygard is the smartest, most accurate, with the best positional vision, at the same time he is talented enough, physical enough, skilled enough.

Today is Iginla the man with two shift by shift videos for watching.

Iginla is skilled physical aggressive player. May be not the fastest or the most skilled,not the greatest defensively and positionaly, but good forechecker, creative ornaments his own and always in the game. Good player to draft in 12-15 range. I’m not sure he can play center role in NHL.

On the other hand I think Nygard has potential to play center. Anyway he is so good in making right plays. His offensive potential is interesting because high iq should be adapted as other skills, but I think it is the most trasnlatable skill after skating. And it looks like Nygard is a better skater than Iginla and Boisvert.

I'd take Nygard first of these three, agree with you there. But I think I'd have Iginla a tick over Boisvert at the moment. I like all three players a lot, this isn't a knock on Boisvert at all.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Top 8 pick chould be dealt for top goalie under control in the package only. Top 2 pick is untouchable or should be traded for top end player under control.

Top 8 pick will bring D with top pair potential for 7-10+ years under control. Dealing it for Saros or Ullmark with 2-3 may be four-five years of good game and 3-5 years of cap penalty isn't smart. I just hope Fitz agree. He can try to sign one of them ywar after or deal them for cheaper compensation on the deadline.

Overall its conversation for other thread. This trade isn't about trading the pick in a stupid trade for a future ufa goalie. Its about draft.
100% agreed here.

Only an idiot wants to trade a top 15 pick for "a goaiie". You only make such a deal if there is a particular goaltender you have in mind who is 1) on the block; and 2) young and under team control for the foreseeable future.

If Jake Oettinger is on the block, sure. But he's not. And you don't trade a potential core player to stick another "finger crosser" between the pipes. You're better off going into next year with Jake Allen, who at least has proven to be a capable NHL net minder.

I also agree with @Guadana that any "just trade the pick" comments should be kept out of the draft thread. This thread is about eligible prospects and the draft, not about whether Karel Vejmelka could maybe have a winning record in a Devils jersey.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Find a way to get a goalie without moving this pick. Shit I don't even want to ship out Holtz or Mercer either but this draft pick is way to valuable to spend on a goalie. Especially after how good Allen has looked even though it's a small sample size. You just don't move top 10 picks. We don't want to be picking this low for a long time so you use this pick while it's available.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Next guy to watch today is Dickinson. LD who can be picked by Chicago(if they will prefer to draft defenseman over any forward), by Arizona (if they will prefer him over Demidov), or Devils.
Dickinsov is big, fast, mobile, good positionally, with good gap control. He is good transitional player but not as great as playmaker or drive defenseman. Overall he is doing everything fine and looks like a player with second pair floor but he isnt look like a future first defenseman to create plays. But if you think about Suter or Bouwmeester - Dickinson is a good defenseman to compare.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00