HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
It does matter when ARI will pick Demidov right in our faces
I think Arizona goes D. They desperately need a PP QB.

They have spent a lot of draft capital on forwards like Cooley, Geekie, But, Guenther. They already have Keller. Doan had 9 points in 10 games for them.

Looking at their system they only have Simashev and Lamoureux coming. Soderstrom was drafted in 2019 and still hasn't established himself.

One of Levshunov, Buium, Parekh or Yakemchuk will be there for them.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Why do you think so many teams pass on Demidov?

He's smallish, and the majority of teams in front don't have really high end D prospects and need D. The D prospects all have top pairing potential.

With Anaheim, they seem to want to build a monstrous team upfront, so I can see interest In Lindstrom. A couple of teams can go either way like Arizona & Columbus.

Reactions: Rozz and 26Mats

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Demidov was down to 8 in Pronman's recent rankings. Lindstrom at 11.

Basically we don't have any clue on who is where because the draft is wide open after 2.

I don't see Arizona taking Demidov in front of us, that is a lot of what they already have in Keller, Cooley, Guenther, etc.

They might take Lindstrom but I'd bet a lot on the Coyotes looking for their top offensive D.. they shouldn't shy away from Parekh or Buium.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
He's smallish, and the majority of teams in front don't have really high end D prospects and need D. The D prospects all have top pairing potential.

With Anaheim, they seem to want to build a monstrous team upfront, so I can see interest In Lindstrom. A couple of teams can go either way like Arizona & Columbus.
Ok let's go without a lotto

1.Sharks - Celebrini

2.Hawks - I think they go pure BPA, while putting Demidov with Bedard on paper sounds great, size might be a concern to have them on one line so they might go D. Safe bet is Levshunov at 2 here

3.Ducks - their young forward core is great and might target beat Dman here and I wouldn't be shocked if they select Zeev Buium here. Could also see them take Demidov since their top forward prospects and young guys are decently sized.

4.Jackets - the Jackets would probably take Demidov if available otherwise, Cayden Lindstrom might be the pick here

5.Coyotes - I have them taking Silyaev here potentially Dickinson

6. At our pick if we draft here we end up taking one of Demidov, Lindstrom or Iginla and I wouldn't discount a Buium or Parekh either if the team isn't in love with the forward that's left.

One thing for sure, unless we draft first there won't be a certainty from 2 to 8

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Maxim Masse saves the day

I want Justin Poirier with our (late) 2nd or early 3rf, I could see him falling late in the 2nd/early 3rd because of size.

Masse won't be there.

Anyways I suspect Hughes will trade the late 1st + 2nd again, so...

His highest level of scouting was for a team in the QMJHL. Wow, that's so impressive.
It is higher than 99% of HF Habs posters, still.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Buium is a Cali boy I could see him going top-3 if the Sharks or Ducks end up with that pick

My best guess for the top-4 right now is

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Buium
4. Levshunov

Hopefully Dickinson goes 5. There's still going to be so many options at 6

Reactions: Rozz

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Demidov has the perfect trifecta to be a draft day faller:

1) Winger
2) Smaller / not physical
3) Russian

It would not be surprised we might be lucky and he falls on our lap at #5-8 if we don't win the lottery...

However, Hughes is on the record saying main reason they did not pick Michkov was because they were not able to see him play in person. This is the same with Demidov.

Will see if he was bullshitting saying that last year if Demidov is there when it is their turn to pick I guess!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Ok let's go without a lotto

1.Sharks - Celebrini

2.Hawks - I think they go pure BPA, while putting Demidov with Bedard on paper sounds great, size might be a concern to have them on one line so they might go D. Safe bet is Levshunov at 2 here

3.Ducks - their young forward core is great and might target beat Dman here and I wouldn't be shocked if they select Zeev Buium here. Could also see them take Demidov since their top forward prospects and young guys are decently sized.

4.Jackets - the Jackets would probably take Demidov if available otherwise, Cayden Lindstrom might be the pick here

5.Coyotes - I have them taking Silyaev here potentially Dickinson

6. At our pick if we draft here we end up taking one of Demidov, Lindstrom or Iginla and I wouldn't discount a Buium or Parekh either if the team isn't in love with the forward that's left.

One thing for sure, unless we draft first there won't be a certainty from 2 to 8

I definitely think Columbus takes one of the LD, but forwards are currently dropping on lists, while the defensemen are rising, because they all have legit top pairing to #1 potential, while the forwards project more as top 6, maybe top line if you see major development in weaknesses.

Reactions: Rozz

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

1) Winger
3) Russian

It would not be surprised we might be lucky and he falls on our lap at #5-8 if we don't win the lottery...

However, Hughes is on the record saying main reason they did not pick Michkov was because they were not able to see him play in person. This is the same with Demidov.

Will see if he was bullshitting saying that last year if Demidov is there when it is their turn to pick I guess!

Yes that was just fluff - they didn't want to get into all the reasons they didn't want him.

Demidov has none of the problems that plagued Michkov. He's not Caufield small. He's not allergic to every zone but the offensive zone. He doesn't play a style that needs to be fit to him to really get the production out of him. There are no character or contract concerns.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Yes that was just fluff - they didn't want to get into all the reasons they didn't want him.

Demidov has none of the problems that plagued Michkov. He's not Caufield small. He's not allergic to every zone but the offensive zone. He doesn't play a style that needs to be fit to him to really get the production out of him. There are no character or contract concerns.
how many years before he comes over?? Demidov makes me worried

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Buium is a Cali boy I could see him going top-3 if the Sharks or Ducks end up with that pick

My best guess for the top-4 right now is

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Buium
4. Levshunov

Hopefully Dickinson goes 5. There's still going to be so many options at 6
I didn't think of that yeah, thats true he's born and raised in Socal, I remember Anaheim picking Etem for the story back int he days. Im sure it would play into it, also the fact he's just amazing. If the Sharks don't pick first he should 100% be their pick.

1) Winger
3) Russian

I hope they draft Demidov but I also hope they don't because Ill have a meltdown anytime Michkov scores and I know he's gonna score a bunch. Im already having one thinking of Benson-Suzuki-Slaf.

Especially with Levshunov on the table today.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

Size wise, Chicago's forwards are definitely on the smallish side : Bedard-5'10, Moore-5'11, Nazar-5'10 and Reichel-6'. They need to add beef to their forward pool.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
1 year left and he's coming. That's why he was in the MHL all year this year, CSKA is punishing him for not signing a long term extension but his agent and Demidov are adamant they are leaving Russia for the NHL as soon as his contract ends next year.
can Russia hold him back?? just don't trust the situation over there. don't want politics to interfere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad