HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well, top 8 secured, and most likely picking 6th unless Arizona gets a point tomorrow.

Assuming they dont:

1. San Jose: Celebrini
2. Chicago: Levshunov
3. Anaheim: Buium or Dickinson or Lindstrom
4. Columbus: Buium, Dickinson or Silayev
5. Arizona: Lindstrom, Silayev or Buium or Dickinson
6. Montreal: Demidov, Lindstrom or Iginla

Yes, I'm predicting Montreal gets Demidov.

I would think the Yotes take Demidov

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
McCagg has Parekh above Levshunov and doesn't seem to think too highly of Artem.

Columbus is who I don't trust. But maybe having Gaudreau on a long term deal they'll go for size with Lindstrom to go along Fantilli.
Unless Columbus wins #1, I'd be shocked if they let Lindstrom slide past.

Reactions: squashmaple

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Top 10 for me is set and I see a drop after that:

6 defensemen, 4 fowards:

Silayev
Buium
Levshunov
Yakemchuk
Parekh
Dickenson

Celebrini
Demidov
Helenius
Lindstrom

Then comes another tier that for me includes Hemming, MBN, Iginla, Catton, Eiserman, Sennecke, Jiricek, Connelly.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I do not understand why posters keep saying Bobrov won't pick this guy or that guy, that makes no f***ing sense because he's not in charge of the draft. It's not like he's the sole head scout so aside from the draft day vids they put out, who knows what goes on when you have Gorton, Hughes, Bobrov, Lapointe.
Even when comparisons are made to NYR picks, Gordie Clarke was the Dir of Amateur Scouting, Bobrov & John Davidson’s son-in-law reported to him

Reactions: montreal

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
I have a strong feeling that Columbus will go with Demidov.
They have Gaudreau, Laine, Johnson, Brindley, Texier, Marchenko, Chinakov, Voronkov, Nylander, Dumais on the wings.
Werenski, Severson, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Svozil, Ceulemans, Boqvist on D.

Then compare that to Fantilli, Jenner, Sillinger, Kuraly down the middle. 🤮

Reactions: squashmaple

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They have Gaudreau, Laine, Johnson, Brindley, Texier, Marchenko, Chinakov, Voronkov, Nylander, Dumais on the wings.
Werenski, Severson, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Svozil, Ceulemans, Boqvist on D.

Then compare that to Fantilli, Jenner, Sillinger, Kuraly down the middle. 🤮
They will not draft based on "needs" unless they get Celebrini obviously.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Well, top 8 secured, and most likely picking 6th unless Arizona gets a point tomorrow.

Assuming they dont:

I think some team will surprise & grab Buium @ 2OA, excelled at WJC and followed it up w even a better Frozen Four.

I agree, this will be the year of the Dman and teams will jump over each other after Celebrini is taken to grab them - I only question how teams are gauging the impact of Saliyev’s knee injury & how that impacts his draft position

I think Habs grab Demidov as well, I also wonder if Eiserman drops like Caufield did & whether that becomes the Habs target acquisition using Jets pick + D + other pick(s) in some type of package to move up

Last edited:

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
They will not draft based on "needs" unless they get Celebrini obviously.
Yeah teams never do that.

Like us with Galchenyuk, KK and Reinbacher. Or Arizona with Hayton or Simashev. Vancouver with WIllander. Edmonton with Nurse, Broberg and Holloway. Anaheim with Drysdale. Leafs with Liljegren and Sandin. Detroit with Kasper and Danielson. And a million more.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I would think the Yotes take Demidov

They're pretty good upfront already, but really need actual quality defensive depth. I actually expect them to take Silayev if he's available.

What muddies the water with them is what happens with their management team after the season and when the sale goes through. Does the new owner keep that group or bring in someone new to run things? They have a few months to change some things, although there's no way you change the scouting staff at this late hour.

Still, there could be a philosophy change if there's a new group. Maybe they take Lindstrom because they're kind of small upfront.

This current group don't seem afraid of taking Russians, and they really need D, so I have them as a potential landing spot for Silayev.

Reactions: The Great Weal

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Like us with Galchenyuk, KK and Reinbacher. Or Arizona with Hayton or Simashev. Vancouver with WIllander. Edmonton with Nurse, Broberg and Holloway. Anaheim with Drysdale. Leafs with Liljegren and Sandin. Detroit with Kasper and Danielson. And a million more.
I never claimed that team always ignore needs.There is a big difference between a talent like Demidov and the rest of the player and Columbus 100% need that star player to lift them.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think some team will surprise & grab Buium @ 2OA, excelled at WJC and followed it up w even a better Frozen Four.

I agree, this will be the year of the Dman and teams will jump over each other after Celebrini is taken to grab them - I only question how teams are gauging the impact of Saliyev’s knee injury & how that impacts his draft position

I think Habs grab Demidov as well, I also wonder if Eiserman drops like Caufield did & whether that becomes the Habs target acquisition using Jets pick + D + other pick(s) in some type of package to move up

I definitely agree with Buium. After WJC, I had in my top 5. I haven't changed my opinion on that.

I'm hoping we can pick up one of Helenius, or Eiserman with a move up. It'll be tough to do though. It's more likely we can move up the group behind the top 12 with MBN, Sennecke

Reactions: Leto and Rozz

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
I never claimed that team always ignore needs.There is a big difference between a talent like Demidov and the rest of the player and Columbus 100% need that star player to lift them.
That's your opinion.

Columbus is the same team who passed on a slam dunk 3rd overall winger in Puljujarvi for PLD because they needed a big C (and put in the work to convert him to a C after he was a W in his draft year).

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Seems to be a lot of hope for us to use our WPG pick and move up to get another top 20 pick. Who do you guys think would be willing to trade back their 1st this year?

I don’t follow other teams much, but of the following teams, which team(s) would you guys target?

DE090631-1933-4AEA-AD52-67323DD2988B.jpeg

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Seems to be a lot of hope for us to use our WPG pick and move up to get another top 20 pick. Who do you guys think would be willing to trade back their 1st this year?

I don’t follow other teams much, but of the following teams, which team(s) would you guys target?

View attachment 853483
Buffalo would for an actual roster player (like the Romanov deal) as they NEED to get to playoffs next year or they all fired.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

View attachment 853483
Buffalo, New Jersey and Minnesota could look to trade their pick for immediate help.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.

Assuming they dont:

God I hope you are right!!!

that or catton :)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario

Drysdale was traded to Philly

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Lindstrom will definetely be available at 5.

At 6? i'm not so sure.

As for Demidov, i agree we would need to win 2nd lottery.

What's interesting though is if he is available at 3 or 4, i wonder if HuGo tries to move up from 5-6 OA to 3-4OA, using Winnipeg's 1st. I know I would do it.
does anyone think that hugo would trade the winnipeg pick plus the rights to florida or calgarys in order to land the number 1 spot, what other pieces would be needed in order to do so? this way maybe the habs get the 1st overall plus the 5th or 6th pick this year.

• Haha
Reactions: cedouimet

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Top 10 for me is set and I see a drop after that:

6 defensemen, 4 fowards:

Silayev
Buium
Levshunov
Yakemchuk
Parekh
Dickenson

Celebrini
Demidov
Helenius
Lindstrom

Then comes another tier that for me includes Hemming, MBN, Iginla, Catton, Eiserman, Sennecke, Jiricek, Connelly.
How would you rank them 1 to 10 going by bpa?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Assuming they dont:

Why do you think so many teams pass on Demidov?

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
does anyone think that hugo would trade the winnipeg pick plus the rights to florida or calgarys in order to land the number 1 spot, what other pieces would be needed in order to do so? this way maybe the habs get the 1st overall plus the 5th or 6th pick this year.
no one thinks that

Reactions: Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad