Draft 2024 NHL Draft Prospects & Undrafted Free Agents

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Respect your efforts and opinion but the idea that 3 promising young Fs wont return to AHL, after their 1st full NA pro season, hits me as unlikely and unprecedented

Re RHD, 2 comments:
Siedem signed 2 year AHL deal out of NCAA just like McCarthy
Hollowell is already 25, only a few NHL games, so it seems he will be Group 6 UFA

Edström already played a decent amount of games during multiple call ups. He's NHL ready. Berard is the question mark for me but he's been so good in Hartford, especially 5v5, that I kinda expect him to force himself onto the team like Cuylle did. The third, Othmann, has the draft pedigree that gives him some leverage and a certain expectation to make the team in what will be his D+4 season. Just saying, that we've seen this situation before, if he isn't making the team.

And yeah, Hollowell is Group 6 UFA. Not sure he will be back. That would open the door for a guy like Powell if Drury is interested. You need more than 6-7 D-men in the AHL with so many triple-headers on weekends.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Wasn't really sure where to put this but thought it was worth mentioning... not that it's ground breaking stuff, but interesting nonetheless. Was just reading through a giant athletic article about the Wild. But one thing that was mentioned was a report that one of their top prospects Yurov had received an offer the equivalent of ~300k$ US from his KHL team. He finished all the way at 17th in the league in scoring at 20 years old. If the offer was near the time it was reported it would've been close to the end of the season so it's not like Metallurg wouldn't have known they had a great young player on their hands.

Point is, thought it was worth bringing up in relation to bringing over KHL players... those guys aren't making a ton of money. Even a basic ELC in the NHL is comparable to what many of the top players in the KHL are making now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like Goodrow even if he's overpaid but there's absolutely no reason for us to be handing out a contract like that again with any number of prospects like Edstrom coming along and Edstrom is pretty much ready for a bottom 6 role. He's been groomed for that kind of role for several years now and he should be a fairly cheap contract into the foreseeable future. If a team has a development system churning out guys who can fit into roles like that that should push more available cap $'s to higher end players.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I like Goodrow even if he's overpaid but there's absolutely no reason for us to be handing out a contract like that again with any number of prospects like Edstrom coming along and Edstrom is pretty much ready for a bottom 6 role. He's been groomed for that kind of role for several years now and he should be a fairly cheap contract into the foreseeable future. If a team has a development system churning out guys who can fit into roles like that that should push more available cap $'s to higher end players.
Hell, look at how good of a pick up Vesey has been for pennies. You can find those players for cheap. Brodz has been serviceable.. theres no reason to shell out that kind of money to bottom liners. Remember when the Islanders were spending like 10 million a year on their 4th line of Martin, Clutterbuck and Cizikas🤣🤣 You want a good a 4th line but not at the expense of cap space

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Wasn't really sure where to put this but thought it was worth mentioning... not that it's ground breaking stuff, but interesting nonetheless. Was just reading through a giant athletic article about the Wild. But one thing that was mentioned was a report that one of their top prospects Yurov had received an offer the equivalent of ~300k$ US from his KHL team. He finished all the way at 17th in the league in scoring at 20 years old. If the offer was near the time it was reported it would've been close to the end of the season so it's not like Metallurg wouldn't have known they had a great young player on their hands.

Point is, thought it was worth bringing up in relation to bringing over KHL players... those guys aren't making a ton of money. Even a basic ELC in the NHL is comparable to what many of the top players in the KHL are making now.

Yurov is a late 1st rounder from the 2022 draft. I'm sure the Wild are pretty high him but from an NHL contract standpoint he would have to sign a two way ELC. The Wild might not think he's ready (or he himself might not think he's ready) for the NHL and if he came over and was sent down to the AHL he'd make less than $100K.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hell, look at how good of a pick up Vesey has been for pennies. You can find those players for cheap. Brodz has been serviceable.. theres no reason to shell out that kind of money to bottom liners. Remember when the Islanders were spending like 10 million a year on their 4th line of Martin, Clutterbuck and Cizikas🤣🤣 You want a good a 4th line but not at the expense of cap space

There is that and Vesey and Brodzinski are both good character types but having young internal solutions also means we can be picky about choosing guys like that and mix are own prospects in with them when they're ready. I think Edstrom for one is ready. The Rangers are also happy with Rempe at the stage he's at where they're going to move ahead with him too. Berard is another I think who could push himself into the picture next year. Othmann IMO needs a little more time and ditto for Sykora. There are forwards coming after them that show promise too----Laba, Chmelar, BMB, Roobroeck for instance.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think the price for bottom six guys will go back up. It has been depressed recently because everyone is in a cap crunch with the flat cap. The guys at the top still get paid, the guys that suffer are your 10th-13th forwards and 6-7th defensemen. With the cap going back up people will resume giving money to those guys.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Yeah, while it’s reasonable to politely ask how someone knows something, some people just get hostile if what’s being said is not in line with whatever the narrative of the day is. I seriously don’t know why it’s so hard to just be f***ing cordial and not be a f***in punisher. Especially to established posters who really do try to contribute positively to the conversation.
You and I have disagreed plenty over the last few years (I like to think I’ve always been respectful while doing so), and I’d definitely miss you if you felt driven away.
uhhh im not going to take this personally because maybe you're responding to a general trend or other posters or have me mistaken for someone else..

clearly there is history with this Edge character, or other insiders, who were here before I started posting or reading seriously about 6 weeks ago.

But if there are unspoken rules here, maybe try taking a moment to explain them to someone who hasn't spent years here instead of assuming that I am being hostile or uncordial or a "f***in punisher."

I know that Kreiderman has done zoom calls and interviews with Brennan that have been published to youtube or twitter or other outlets, and I wanted to make sure that if there was new content I could locate it and watch or listen. Big surprise here - I'm a ranger fan and want to consume NYR prospect content. whoda thunk!?

so from my perspective you're the one being uncordial. I never chased edge away or tried to chase Kreiderman away. if you care so much about people communicating to each other with respect, try it yourself sometime.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
uhhh im not going to take this personally because maybe you're responding to a general trend or other posters or have me mistaken for someone else..

clearly there is history with this Edge character, or other insiders, who were here before I started posting or reading seriously about 6 weeks ago.

But if there are unspoken rules here, maybe try taking a moment to explain them to someone who hasn't spent years here instead of assuming that I am being hostile or uncordial or a "f***in punisher."

I know that Kreiderman has done zoom calls and interviews with Brennan that have been published to youtube or twitter or other outlets, and I wanted to make sure that if there was new content I could locate it and watch or listen. Big surprise here - I'm a ranger fan and want to consume NYR prospect content. whoda thunk!?

so from my perspective you're the one being uncordial. I never chased edge away or tried to chase Kreiderman away. if you care so much about people communicating to each other with respect, try it yourself sometime.
Yeah, I actually have no idea what interactions you have had with AK, and if you weren’t here when Edge was, then obviously you could not have contributed to him leaving.
I was responding to a general hostility I’ve seen some of these guys faced with, it was certainly not aimed towards you or any other particular person. I’ve noticed your name and some posts, and honestly can’t recall anything untoward, so if it seemed I was addressing you, or being uncordial to you, I apologize for the confusion, but it’s just not the case. I wasn't assuming anything about you, as I said I don’t know what, if any, issues there are between you and AK. Also I really have no problem addressing someone specifically if I have an issue. There wouldn’t be any mystery. Just like I specifically addressed AK in support.
And just as an aside, there are rules written down, including about being a vetted source. They aren’t unwritten. Though honestly I haven’t read them all either and I’ve been here for YEARS. Hahahaha.
Stay well, bud.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
Edström already played a decent amount of games during multiple call ups. He's NHL ready. Berard is the question mark for me but he's been so good in Hartford, especially 5v5, that I kinda expect him to force himself onto the team like Cuylle did. The third, Othmann, has the draft pedigree that gives him some leverage and a certain expectation to make the team in what will be his D+4 season. Just saying, that we've seen this situation before, if he isn't making the team.

And yeah, Hollowell is Group 6 UFA. Not sure he will be back. That would open the door for a guy like Powell if Drury is interested. You need more than 6-7 D-men in the AHL with so many triple-headers on weekends.
Really hope Othmann isn't going to demand a trade if he doesn't make the team in the great tradition of Lias Andersson, Kravtsov, and Lundkvist. It seems like the guys like Jones, or a long time ago Kreider and Zuccarello, who just go down, work hard, and focus on earning their spot on the team turn out so much better.

Mika, Kreider, Bread, Trocheck, Lafreniere, Kakko, Chytil, Cuylle, Vesey, Goodrow, Brodzinski, Rempe - that's 12. Which 3 are coming out?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

You are exactly right about one thing. You’ve been here six weeks.

Some of us have been here 20 years. And many of us know a lot, including things that we don’t post here.

Treat people with more respect.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
You are exactly right about one thing. You’ve been here six weeks.

Some of us have been here 20 years. And many of us know a lot, including things that we don’t post here.

Treat people with more respect.
There's a lot that gets lost in translation when messages are in text rather than spoken aloud, which I try to have an appreciation for. That being said - do you care to share any example of me *not* treating someone on this board without respect?

Reactions: Rempe73

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Yeah, I actually have no idea what interactions you have had with AK, and if you weren’t here when Edge was, then obviously you could not have contributed to him leaving.
I was responding to a general hostility I’ve seen some of these guys faced with, it was certainly not aimed towards you or any other particular person. I’ve noticed your name and some posts, and honestly can’t recall anything untoward, so if it seemed I was addressing you, or being uncordial to you, I apologize for the confusion, but it’s just not the case. I wasn't assuming anything about you, as I said I don’t know what, if any, issues there are between you and AK. Also I really have no problem addressing someone specifically if I have an issue. There wouldn’t be any mystery. Just like I specifically addressed AK in support.
And just as an aside, there are rules written down, including about being a vetted source. They aren’t unwritten. Though honestly I haven’t read them all either and I’ve been here for YEARS. Hahahaha.
Stay well, bud.
Apology accepted - thanks for directing me to the "vetted sources" note in the guidelines although that doesn't speak to what we're discussing here.
I don't have any issues with AK - on the contrary he's a source of knowledge and content regarding our prospects and I have an appetite for the same!!

It's still confusing to me how my two messages asking about a new zoom call, or whether the conversations were with Brennan, could possibly be taken as disrespect??

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Trade back. Especially if the Rangers win the cup. Pick up 2 seconds. They need Defense and this draft is extremely defense heavy. The difference between a Dman taken towards the end of the first isn't that much different from players that could go in the middle of the 2nd.
Trading back is always a good answer in the first 2-3 rounds unless you're like...top 15

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Really hope Othmann isn't going to demand a trade if he doesn't make the team in the great tradition of Lias Andersson, Kravtsov, and Lundkvist. It seems like the guys like Jones, or a long time ago Kreider and Zuccarello, who just go down, work hard, and focus on earning their spot on the team turn out so much better.

Mika, Kreider, Bread, Trocheck, Lafreniere, Kakko, Chytil, Cuylle, Vesey, Goodrow, Brodzinski, Rempe - that's 12. Which 3 are coming out?

I believe Goodrow will be bought out.

And Brodzinski and Rempe aren't locks to make the roster out of camp. It will be a battle between them, and a number of guys currently on the Wolf Pack and free agent signings. There's always competition for spots.

Of the current roster, Roslovic and Wennberg will most likely not come back. Those spots have to be filled with either players moving up the line-up, or players straight up slotting into those spots.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Apology accepted - thanks for directing me to the "vetted sources" note in the guidelines although that doesn't speak to what we're discussing here.
I don't have any issues with AK - on the contrary he's a source of knowledge and content regarding our prospects and I have an appetite for the same!!

It's still confusing to me how my two messages asking about a new zoom call, or whether the conversations were with Brennan, could possibly be taken as disrespect??

I think it has to do with the history of people questioning these things, and doing it in a very condescending way. In the past it has chased away good people who had great insight and reputable connections. That's not your fault, that's just the legacy of this place. I didn't have a huge problem with what you asked, but I can see why it came across the wrong way.

Re: Othmann. He's one of the players I've interviewed over the last few years of course, with a lot of them still in the org right now like Korczak, Henriksson, Cuylle, Jones, Väisänen, Edström, Garand, Chmelař and others. And I still talk to a bunch of them from time to time about how they're doing, but mostly about random stuff. I am very careful with what can and what cannot leave my conversations. When I share things here, it's something that the person is okay with sharing. Whether that's a player, a family member (Who also talk to me from time to time), someone who works in the org, I of course can't disclose. That's just how things work.

Re: My Zoom calls. I share snippets from time to time, about certain topics, like Othmann playing RW, or how Rempe talks about fighting always having a place in hockey. I have never released the full videos though.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Sound thinking!
Which picks are the Rangers getting? Some of the 2nd and 3rd round picks are wastelands. Once you get beyond the top few picks of the second round, so many of those players never have any significant NHL careers.

Trading down is the popular option on this board for some reason.

Trade the pick for an established NHL player or a keep the pick.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Which picks are the Rangers getting? Some of the 2nd and 3rd round picks are wastelands. Once you get beyond the top few picks of the second round, so many of those players never have any significant NHL careers.

Trading down to get more kicks at the can is a good option *IF* there isn't a clear cut prospect at the spot where you are picking. Especially for a team that has traded away many picks recently.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

Look at the top defensemen in the league. Many have been picked in the second and third round. If you are stocking up on defense, play the numbers game. You aren’t going to get a quality cost controlled veteran player for a late first round pick. That’s just silly.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Of course. If you are told something and asked not to out the source, it’s right that you don’t. It’s something that should be obvious.

And yes, it’s been clear over the years that you do make an effort to go to all sorts of games and events and engage with people. I, for one, don’t have the time or patience to do what you have done.

Appreciate you, bud.
I second this. I don't know what this board would be without posters like Amazing Kreiderman. @Amazing Kreiderman He's among the reasons I keep this account. We need to stop chasing away posters like him; along with Edge and @RangerBoy.

This should be taken as in general and not directed at any one individual (or individuals); one(s) may not agree with what's being posted, but it doesn't take much to be respectful and civil when asking about something specific. Many people here know things though connections that aren't out in the public sphere and can only repeat here what they have permission to post. I understand and respect that. I appreciate the insight and information that is posted here; we are better off/knowledgeable for it.

Last edited:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

Unlike andersson and kratsov, Othmann played an entire year in the AHL without complaint. he also did it in his D+3.

Chytil is still a long term question about "can he stay healthy", but Vesey,goodrow,brodz,rempe are all fighting for 4th line time. They should never play above that. Vesey could for a game play up, but thats it.

So you're looking at
20-93-24 (rfa/ contract questions)
10-16-13
50-72 -78

The spot is there for him to take, but I'd have to assume lavi isn't just going to hand it to him.
He looked ok in his cup of coffee, but this is more a question for AK, but I would hope Lavi and the team gave him things to work on when he went down, and they didnt just send him down without instructional feedback to improve.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
The 2 that I think would be good targets are Bryce Brodzinski and Eamon Powell.

Below is a full list of NCAA players whose rights expire in August if they're not signed (according to Capfriendly):

Bryce Brodzinski (PHI)
Jack Perbix (ANA)
Ben Meehan (LAK)
Alex Young (SJS)
Chase Yoder (PIT)
Colby Ambrosio (COL)
Ryder Donovan (VGK)
Carter Berger (FLA)
Owen Lindmark (FLA)
Cole Brady (DAL)
Carson Bantle (ARI)
Noah Beck (STL)
Alexander Campbell (NSH)
Chase Luke (NSH)
Luke Reid (NSH)
Gunnarwolfe Fontaine (NSH)
Ethan Haider (NSH)
Jack Malone (VAN)
Nick Capone (TBL)
Eamon Powell (TBL)
Mckade Webster (TBL)
Matthew Thiessen (VAN)
Blake Biondi (MTL)
Artem Shlaine (NJD)
Cooper Moore (DET)
Ryan O'Reilly (DET)
Dominic Basse (CHI)
Liam Gorman (CHI)
Connor Kelley (CHI)
Quinn Olson (BOS)
Alex Jeffries (NYI)
Jacob Truscott (VAN)
Jake Boltmann (CGY)
Harrison Blaisdell (WPG)
Logan Neaton (WPG)
Mike Koster (TOR)
Ville Miettinen (TOR)
Cade Webber (TOR)
BC defenseman Eamon Powell back to BC for a fifth year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad