2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Right handed Sebastian Aho light seemed like a good comparison for Helenius how has he been post WJC?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Realistically I'd look at:

RD 1 Helenius / Catton / Yakemchuk
RD 2 Elick / Emery
RD 3 Surin

Man, I'm going to have to trust you but I just don't see it with Yakemchuk.

Emery's got those tools and righthand shot that are going to see him creep up into the low 20's. Elick too. That seems like something that pushes a bit of selection.

Bob's got Yegor in the 30's now too.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Man, I'm going to have to trust you but I just don't see it with Yakemchuk.

Emery's got those tools and righthand shot that are going to see him creep up into the low 20's. Elick too. That seems like something that pushes a bit of selection.

Bob's got Yegor in the 30's now too.
I like his nasty streak but wonder if he turns out to be risto 2.0 which might not be bad if we don't throw him to the wolves right away plus we have strbak in the system who looks promising

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I can't believe Buffalo is picking 8th again. I don't care who tf they pick, they'll undoubtedly hold much more value to Adams than the rest of the league, whoever it is, since Adams seems to think his entire job is to collect prospects.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I can't believe Buffalo is picking 8th again. I don't care who tf they pick, they'll undoubtedly hold much more value to Adams than the rest of the league, whoever it is, since Adams seems to think his entire job is to collect prospects.

Amazing that they're 1 win from the 13th pick.

Reactions: Digable5

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Amazing that they're 1 win from the 13th pick.
Are you sure about that? Using points % like I am, that doesn't seem to be the case?

1710167612793.png

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They’re going to go on a late season run…don’t worry about it. Won’t make the playoffs…but will not draft as high as they have been hovering. It will fall to a place where trading it will be the obvious play…but another winger will fall to them because that is who falls in drafts.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They’re going to go on a late season run…don’t worry about it. Won’t make the playoffs…but will not draft as high as they have been hovering. It will fall to a place where trading it will be the obvious play…but another winger will fall to them because that is who falls in drafts.

Before we get into sweeping generalizations, the only wingers in the top 10 right now by ranking services are Demidov and Eiserman. Some have Iginla, Brandsegg-Nygard and Greentree in the 10-15 range. If the Sabres went on a bit of a winning run and came out of this with any of those it's not necessarily a bad thing.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Before we get into sweeping generalizations, the only wingers in the top 10 right now by ranking services are Demidov and Eiserman. Some have Iginla, Brandsegg-Nygard and Greentree in the 10-15 range. If the Sabres went on a bit of a winning run and came out of this with any of those it's not necessarily a bad thing.

If they end up with Iginla then I’ll like this team again for a day :laugh:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This draft sucks after the top 1-2.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
This draft sucks after the top 1-2.
Not even close. After Celebrini, the next 9 to 10 players are a toss-up. The draft lacks a 'generational' player but it's your typical draft through the early 20s. The issue is that it's a defense heavy with a lack of high multiple high end centers so it isn't sexy. You look at someone like Catton that is putting up a top 5 scoring season for draft age WHL prospects that might be available at 7 or 8. You have players like Buiim that is putting up unheard stats for NCAA draft eligible d and he might not go in the top 10

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
In regards to specifically what the Sabres need (ie, that size/skill combo at forward)..........yeah, maybe.

But overall? I agree with ONG above -- it's a pretty average draft, it's just positionally weird. Not a lot of true centers and a ton of defenders.
Not even close. After Celebrini, the next 9 to 10 players are a toss-up. The draft lacks a 'generational' player but it's your typical draft through the early 20s. The issue is that it's a defense heavy with a lack of high multiple high end centers so it isn't sexy. You look at someone like Catton that is putting up a top 5 scoring season for draft age WHL prospects that might be available at 7 or 8. You have players like Buiim that is putting up unheard stats for NCAA draft eligible d and he might not go in the top 10
I see 2012, with a significant upgrade of Macklin at 1 over Nail.

None of the D, to me, look like surefire top pair guys, despite their being like 6 of them.

Like Z said, the forwards at the top really aren't what the Sabres need outside of Macklin's talent, and Lindstrom.

I hope the 1st-round pick is traded.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
In regards to specifically what the Sabres need (ie, that size/skill combo at forward)..........yeah, maybe.

But overall? I agree with ONG above -- it's a pretty average draft, it's just positionally weird. Not a lot of true centers and a ton of defenders.
I agree that the Sabres need some size at forward, but even more importantly, I think they need an infusion of hockey sense. That's why if we have an earlier pick (say 7-10) I'm hoping Catton is there (or Helenius). If we're drafting later then I could see Artamonov or Chernyshov helping in that area as well. For size and intensity I think Brandsegg-Nygard looks interesting. I'd wait for the 2nd round before looking for dmen.

Reactions: Faceboner

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

8. Buffalo Sabres: Sam Dickinson, LHD (London, OHL)​

The Sabres have one of the best prospect pipelines in the NHL, but the one thing they’re missing? A high-impact defenseman. Rasmus Dahlin, Owen Power, and Bowen Byram lead the way with the big club, but adding someone like Dickinson would give them another big, mobile, puck-moving defender who can do a bit of everything.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Is it just me, or does this seem to be exactly opposite of what we need?

:huh:
The daily faceoff is a "C-prospect" of draft coverage, aren't they.

Also, if Chicago lands Celebrini like they predict, I may have to force myself to stop watching this sport. It's too much.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
There is also greentree who is good but if we are in the 7-8 range I hope one of demimedov or Lindstrom falls if not there is.catton and helenius still there after macklin I think it goes silayev, lev, demimedov and Lindstrom top 5 3 forwards 2 d men. We don't need a d man but with the Russian factor and who picks where I think a team ahead of us will like yam and another team might jump at eiserman I think if we draft 7-8 we are guaranteed one of catton or helenius

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00