2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Very impressive chart, especially the forechecking/retrieval aspect. We definitely can use more guys who excel in those areas.

My infatuation with him is all around how he gets on pucks and how he plays in traffic and creates contact. He's really projectable in the middle 6 or even if a top line is looking for someone to get the puck in traffic to make a play to the more offensively minded. Outside of maybe Wahlberg, they don't have a lot of guys who fit this sort of toolset in their pipeline.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
So what's the concensus on Adam Jecho? I think he's worth a flyer with our 3rd. He's a 6'5 C with decent numbers playing on a weak Oil Kings team. He's also Czech so fits into the draft profile

I think he goes late in the 2nd. Maybe early, there are lists that have him in the 1st round. Although most services list him as a RW not a C.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Has anyone had a chance to watch or insight on Erik's Mateiko? After a small amount of research he seems like he could be a good pick around the 3rd.

I'm excited to see him in the opening round against Komarov and the Voltigeurs. EP had some nice things to say about him earlier in the year prior to the U20's.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There's no chance Surin drops to the early second right?

With his playoffs, he's going to be likely getting some late views and some rise in where the mid-season rankings had him. With that, I'm not sure if someone gets scared off with the contract through 2026 but that doesn't seem like an issue. Loko seems like a really solid development team so him staying wouldn't be an issue for me. Maybe also if someone is scared off by Milstein since Surin's also repped by Gold Star.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
With his playoffs, he's going to be likely getting some late views and some rise in where the mid-season rankings had him. With that, I'm not sure if someone gets scared off with the contract through 2026 but that doesn't seem like an issue. Loko seems like a really solid development team so him staying wouldn't be an issue for me. Maybe also if someone is scared off by Milstein since Surin's also repped by Gold Star.

He has such a good set of tools and a reasonably good toolbox. Couple that with a late birthday; I could see him go 10-20.

Good skater, good hands, big, aggressive, good shooter. I'm here trying to talk myself out of trying to talk myself into wanting him in the 1st.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He has such a good set of tools and a reasonably good toolbox. Couple that with a late birthday; I could see him go 10-20.

Good skater, good hands, big, aggressive, good shooter. I'm here trying to talk myself out of trying to talk myself into wanting him in the 1st.

Maybe top of the 2nd round based on style? I don't know if he's someone who goes in the 10-20 range but I could see 40ish as an option. Been there with the projection - last year it was the But/Simashev for me. I've spent less time on the MHL this year. Maybe I'll circle back on their YT channel to take in more Surin.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York

Zayne Parekh, RHD (Saginaw, OHL)​

Could Parekh be a 30-goal, 60-point player in the NHL? Many scouts seem there’s a legitimate chance. Parekh is downright lethal with the disk, especially as a power-play quarterback. The upside is tremendous – you don’t find defenders as elusive as him often. But defensively, it’s still a work of progress. Parekh can get caught trying to do a bit too much too often, which NHL players won’t give him the time and space to make happen. But in terms of raw skill, Parekh is in his own class right now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Could Parekh be a 30-goal, 60-point player in the NHL? Many scouts seem there’s a legitimate chance. Parekh is downright lethal with the disk, especially as a power-play quarterback. The upside is tremendous – you don’t find defenders as elusive as him often. But defensively, it’s still a work of progress. Parekh can get caught trying to do a bit too much too often, which NHL players won’t give him the time and space to make happen. But in terms of raw skill, Parekh is in his own class right now.

Reminds me of Mintyukov, perhaps a slice below, in terms of entertainment value. Saginaw too - though this year's team is so much better than Minty's draft year team. Can I be leery of defensemen who don't defend though?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Any Elmore likes him.

More like shooty Power. NA EK?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Stopped watching at “ not going going to hit anyone, or battle for position in front of the net or contest puck battles.”

I mean, the skill level as a offensive defenseman is off the chart. But he's going to be way more like EK than not IMO. Seems he might go well before they have to make a decision on putting yet another high draft pick into their blueline vs. someone else.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I mean, the skill level as a offensive defenseman is off the chart. But he's going to be way more like EK than not IMO. Seems he might go well before they have to make a decision on putting yet another high draft pick into their blueline vs. someone else.
True. The limited highlights showed a lot of chasing the play in his own end. I think we have enough of that. His skating stride reminded me of Ryjo, though Ryjo seems faster. I do not see the fit unless someone currently on the roster is moving out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00