2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
As of now, we pick 8th. If that sticks, the pick should move to the front of the line in terms of tradable assets.

But if we keep it, Parekh or Yakemchuk please. But I know Adams will take another undersized forward.
That would be Berkly Catton where we pick, unless I'm forgetting somebody. He seems to be ranked all over the place.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
My current tiers are as follows, forwards first as 2 through 9 are pretty much interchangeable depending on taste. Within the tiers I went higher floor as someone like Helenius at worse ends up a 200' 3c, while I see Catton topping out as a mid 6w. For defensemen Levshunov and Silayev have 1D potential, while Dickinson looks at worse to be a 20+ min 3D

1a Celebrini
2a Demidov
2b Lindstrom
3a Helenius
3b Catton
3c Iginla

1a Levshunov
1b Silayev
2a Dickinson
3a Yakemchuk
3b Parekh

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
My current tiers are as follows, forwards first as 2 through 9 are pretty much interchangeable depending on taste. Within the tiers I went higher floor as someone like Helenius at worse ends up a 200' 3c, while I see Catton topping out as a mid 6w. For defensemen Levshunov and Silayev have 1D potential, while Dickinson looks at worse to be a 20+ min 3D

1a Celebrini
2a Demidov
2b Lindstrom
3a Helenius
3b Catton
3c Iginla

1a Levshunov
1b Silayev
2a Dickinson
3a Yakemchuk
3b Parekh
Surprised you have Demidov over Lindstrom based on higher floor.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Surprised you have Demidov over Lindstrom based on higher floor.
I went back and forth on those 2 but Demidov is a special talent. I can't see him being less than a 2W while Lindstrom looks more of a 2/3C. I wonder how much his success is based off his skills as he's not really a play driver

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Never heard of this Max Bultman. Looks like he was The Athletic's DRW beat guy and maybe got a promotion? Anywho.......

the top of the class is certainly coming into view, with Boston University’s Macklin Celebrini emerging as a clear-cut No. 1. But who will be behind him?

As The Athletic compiled its 2024 midseason consensus big board, the answer was far from conclusive. Compiling the composite ranking, though, revealed some of the most divisive, and most unanimously loved, prospects in this class. On defense, for example, there is near unanimous love for Michigan State’s Artyom Levshunov, who finished second on the consensus list, but there are differences of opinion about the rest of what looks like a rare-level defense crop.
Top defensemen
RANKPLAYERPOSITIONPRONMAN RANKWHEELER RANKPETERS RANKMCKENZIE RANK
2Artyom LevshunovRHD5223
3Anton SilayevLHD2542
7Sam DickinsonLHD7867
T9Carter YakemchukRHD3121012
T9Zayne ParekhRHD106129
12Zeev BuiumLHD1271113
14Adam JiricekRHD13171514
No idea why the forwards won't paste as nicely.....

1 - Celebrini
T4 -- Lindstrom
T4 - Demidov
6 - Eiserman
8 - Catton

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I had a premonition that the lottery balls fell in the Sabres favor so they traded 1OV to Columbus for Jiricek + their first. KA then drafted Lindstrom to add nastiness to the top 6

While your scenario is nice.......I'm not sure that I'd so willingly hand CBJ a C duo of Celebrini/Fantilli for the forseeable future.

If we win #1, I'm staying put and putting Celebrini as our 1C and making the league deal with Celebrini/Tage/Cozens for years.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
While your scenario is nice.......I'm not sure that I'd so willingly hand CBJ a C duo of Celebrini/Fantilli for the forseeable future.

If we win #1, I'm staying put and putting Celebrini as our 1C and making the league deal with Celebrini/Tage/Cozens for years.
In my scenario I would also have Tage on the first bus out of town. My center spine then moves to nastiness and grit

Reactions: Tatanka

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I had a premonition that the lottery balls fell in the Sabres favor so they traded 1OV to Columbus for Jiricek + their first. KA then drafted Lindstrom to add nastiness to the top 6
Completely random internal thought but I’ve been feeling 99.9% certain the balls will fall in our favor for Celebrini. Regardless of if the odds are against our favor.

If that happens get ready for other fanbases to hate us for landing 18, 21, and 24. Oilers had a stigma about them for such a long time.

Let’s see if it comes to fruition

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Plus there's a bylaw in the CBA about having two players of any one position on the team who's name ends in "i."

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Completely random internal thought but I’ve been feeling 99.9% certain the balls will fall in our favor for Celebrini. Regardless of if the odds are against our favor.

If that happens get ready for other fanbases to hate us for landing 18, 21, and 24. Oilers had a stigma about them for such a long time.

Let’s see if it comes to fruition
The Sabres have never moved up from the draft lottery. I'll argue that to the rest of the board...TO THE DEATH!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad