NFL: 2024 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Rodgers back on McAfee one day later, I guess they said he was done for the season, the season is now over and it is the off-season

Vince McMahon would be proud of McAfee pulling off such bullshittery

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
”All focus needs to be on winning”

Yeah sure buddy

The man is completely lost

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Rodgers back on McAfee one day later, I guess they said he was done for the season, the season is now over and it is the off-season

Vince McMahon would be proud of McAfee pulling off such bullshittery

The buzz on X-verse is that McAfee got pissed that ESPN yanked him for the Belichick coverage and this was his petty way of showing his anger at them. :shakehead

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The buzz on X-verse is that McAfee got pissed that ESPN yanked him for the Belichick coverage and this was his petty way of showing his anger at them. :shakehead
If McAfee doesn't want to be in business with ESPN anymore, then look into getting out of the contract. I mean, this is just stupid to do when there is like 4.5 years left on the contract.

Either naive or foolish to believe that 100% of the show could remain as it was. In terms of total airtime, probably talking a very small percentage of it needed to be adjusted.

Either you can do that and work with ESPN or you can't and thus should look to part ways.

Pat has been a trendsetter for his fellow NFL players and a lot of them have podcasts now.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How can honestly he go to a locker room and make a speach about winning, telling everyone to cut out the bs and be ready to work?

Reactions: Elvis P

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
How can honestly he go to a locker room and make a speach about winning, telling everyone to cut out the bs and be ready to work?
Hilarious because off field bullshit is literally his brand. A nonstop river of bullshit. Dating a Witch , and the rest of his personal life , drugs.. You know he's going to try to bang lady gaga to 1 up Kelce.
Dude is lost if he believes what he is saying.. no one talked about the Jets unless it was about Rodgers lol

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
”All focus needs to be on winning”

Yeah sure buddy

The man is completely lost

But the man was endorsed by Fireman Ed! :sarcasm:

All focus will continue to be on Aaron Rodgers himself, what is it with Green Bay quarterbacks being divas? Here’s a lesson Jordan Love should not abide too.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
But the man was endorsed by Fireman Ed! :sarcasm:

All focus will continue to be on Aaron Rodgers himself, what is it with Green Bay quarterbacks being divas? Here’s a lesson Jordan Love should not abide too.
Hilarious because off field bullshit is literally his brand. A nonstop river of bullshit. Dating a Witch , and the rest of his personal life , drugs.. You know he's going to try to bang lady gaga to 1 up Kelce.
Dude is lost if he believes what he is saying.. no one talked about the Jets unless it was about Rodgers lol

It’s just amazing that a day prior he says everyone needs to have a 100% focus on football and winning and the next day he’s talking non stop about Kimmel and Covid online

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Easy, because he's so full of himself that he doesn't think rules apply to him.

There is absolutely no limit whatsoever on Aaron Rodgers' vanity or delusion.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
6'3'',195 lbs and super fast. Ran a 10.44 100M last year.

The Wales winger Louis Rees-Zammit has stunned the rugby world on the eve of the Six Nations by announcing a career switch to American football with immediate effect. The 22-year-old confirmed the bombshell decision on the day of Wales’s national squad unveiling and will leave for Florida this week to join the NFL’s International Player Pathway.

Gloucester have agreed to release the winger to pursue his “dream” of playing in the NFL rather than feature for his country in rugby’s oldest international tournament in the coming months.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
6'3'',195 lbs and super fast. Ran a 10.44 100M last year.

The Wales winger Louis Rees-Zammit has stunned the rugby world on the eve of the Six Nations by announcing a career switch to American football with immediate effect. The 22-year-old confirmed the bombshell decision on the day of Wales’s national squad unveiling and will leave for Florida this week to join the NFL’s International Player Pathway.

Gloucester have agreed to release the winger to pursue his “dream” of playing in the NFL rather than feature for his country in rugby’s oldest international tournament in the coming months.

I presume that some of the appeal is that at his age, he can go back if it doesn’t work. Not sure how many of these rugby guys went into the Pathway and went back.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I presume that some of the appeal is that at his age, he can go back if it doesn’t work. Not sure how many of these rugby guys went into the Pathway and went back.
Raw physical skills are there. At that size, that's a WR or a DB.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i know christian wade was with the bills practice squad for a few years before going back to rugby. and that one niners RB who played a season in the NFL before going back

Reactions: GKJ

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Pretty much confirming what everyone knew last night watching the end of that game;

6x all pro means he absolutely gets into the hall of fame.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty much confirming what everyone knew last night watching the end of that game;

They will wait until Travis retires so they can go in together.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They will wait until Travis retires so they can go in together.
I not sure he can given that Jason is showing as having a contract with the Eagles in 2024. So, something has to occur since the Eagles will need to account for his cap charge from prior years whether he's on the roster or not.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

I'm going to have a stroke if they give him 40+ million.

You really want to give a guy that money when he's 6-13 in games where the temperature is under 70 degrees and looks like he's a product of his personnel?

Cold weather is pretty much unavoidable in the AFC come playoff time unless you're lucky enough to finish with the #1 seed or get a string of games in Jacksonville + domes. Suffice to say i'd rather not build a team based on a lucky scenario.

Can't make him play on his fifth year option since that screws them cap wise.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I not sure he can given that Jason is showing as having a contract with the Eagles in 2024. So, something has to occur since the Eagles will need to account for his cap charge from prior years whether he's on the roster or not.
They all work these things out. Drew Brees did it, so did Brady. Kelce's deal actually goes through 2027 because of voidable years.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They all work these things out. Drew Brees did it, so did Brady. Kelce's deal actually goes through 2027 because of voidable years.
There is going to be some paperwork to fill out cause Jason will want to help the Eagles out the best he can. Besides, that is also assuming that both Jason and Travis would get voted in together. Who knows who also would be in their class. Still only a few guys get in each season and how many C have made the HOF?
I'm sure from a marketing POV, the NFL would love to have them go in at the same time, but who knows if that's even important to them. Just getting in is an honour.

I don't think a team can renegotiate the 5th year option. If it is picked up that is his salary for that year.
You can still sign him and give him a bonus, which would also prorate in year 5 as well.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

For all of the talk about potentially outlawing the tush push, Kelce retiring takes care of it. The tush push retires with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad