Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Mercedes is trying to improve its pit stop speeds. Do you see a problem here ? I do. I am not even saying this for a laugh. Changing tires requires some athleticism and dexterity. Not one of the Red Bull crew, even the water boy, is even close to out of shape.

The Race publication used this pic in their video about this.

merccrew.jpg

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Christian-Horner-sexual-misconduct-female-Red-Bull-reveals-sexual-messages-Geri-Halliwell-hush-money.html

But in a new bombshell report from Dutch outlet De Telegraaf, the 'inappropriate behaviour' accusations relating to Horner are reported to include allegedly engaging in 'sexual misconduct', according to the employee.

The report claims the Red Bull chief - who is married to former Spice Girl Geri - sent 'sexually suggestive messages' to the employee, with evidence in the form of WhatsApp messages. De Telegraaf say they have seen the messages.

This goes far beyond the reported initial allegations, which suggested that it was to do with Horner's 'controlling behaviour'.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Testing of the cars for the upcoming season began in earnest today. I don't know about anyone else, but I am excited to see who finishes second.
Looks like Ferrari is the second fastest so far

Long tun testing was good

Reactions: DaveG and My3Sons

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Hard to tell what will happen when they run next week with one exception. We know who is winning .
I’ve watched most of testing and it’s been funny (in a very disappointing way) how everyone’s accepted their fate that red bull is still 1s ahead of the pack lol

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’ve watched most of testing and it’s been funny (in a very disappointing way) how everyone’s accepted their fate that red bull is still 1s ahead of the pack lol

Ferrari and McLaren seem happy with their testing so far. Not sure about Mercedes. Some comments that the car is not handling the way they want. Beyond that how can they bring back Hamilton as such a lame duck?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't think Hamilton will be a lame duck, he knows he only has a few more seasons left for another title, and the team knows they can push him without much regard to team chemistry now.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
legitimately semi-impressed by the showing by both Sauber and Williams this week, we'll see how that goes in season though and how long it lasts.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Ferrari and McLaren seem happy with their testing so far. Not sure about Mercedes. Some comments that the car is not handling the way they want. Beyond that how can they bring back Hamilton as such a lame duck?
Big suspension change and the team seemed quite happy today

It’s interesting because every team seems happy with their cars but red bull is still 1s ahead so it remains pointless

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Big suspension change and the team seemed quite happy today

It’s interesting because every team seems happy with their cars but red bull is still 1s ahead so it remains pointless
If anything I expect Verstappen to be even more dominant than last season. He's remarkable. Maybe they can force him to drive while wearing a blindfold? Even if that is not enough for anyone else to actually win it should at least make the finishes closer. If the other big names can make the race for second interesting it will at least be reasonably fun to watch.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
In the Mercedes domination era, everyone but 2 other cars was getting lapped. At least it won't be that bad.

I am a Red Bull fan but I'm still not into domination (said no hamilton fan ever). But this is what happens in prototype racing.

Max is overdue for some bad luck. I think he will blow an engine this year.

Reactions: DaveG

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
In the Mercedes domination era, everyone but 2 other cars was getting lapped. At least it won't be that bad.

I am a Red Bull fan but I'm still not into domination. But this is what happens in prototype racing.

Max is overdue for some bad luck. I think he will blow an engine this year.
I see this talking point and I don’t really ever get involved over what era of domination was more dominant

but i think id rather have a higher chance of different race winners over a closer back half of the field pretty clearly

If anything I expect Verstappen to be even more dominant than last season. He's remarkable. Maybe they can force him to drive while wearing a blindfold? Even if that is not enough for anyone else to actually win it should at least make the finishes closer. If the other big names can make the race for second interesting it will at least be reasonably fun to watch.
Yes

Completely changing the car was a great move. Probably keeps him engaged. He will dominate again

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Mercedes didn't even have the better car in 2017 and 2018 (for most of it anyways), but Ferrari Ferraried.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Random stuff :

I'm reading so much bad things about Alpine I wouldn't even be surprised to see them fighting with Williams and Sauber to begin the season.

I'm not quite sure why Alex Albon is now considered a next big hope for a big seat either. He destroyed the worst driver on the grid in 2022 and... destroyed the worst driver on the grid to make a full season in 2023. DeVries' showing in Monza in 2022 was super revealing.

It's becoming painfully obvious that the super hyped 2020 F2 crop was actually pretty bad and that they looked great because it was a bad crop, with Tsunoda being the best of them by a comfortable margin. Liam Lawson and Theo Pourchaire are more talented than, like, all of them.

McLaren appears to just plain struggle in Bahrein. Wouldn't be surprised to see them being the 6th quickest car this weekend, and that wouldn't mean much on the car's true place in the pecking order.

Those new F2 cars look like they have a parachute for a rear wing.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Absolutely zero transparency at any point of the process does not necessarily increase belief in a "fair, rigorous and impartial" investigation.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Absolutely zero transparency at any point of the process does not necessarily increase belief in a "fair, rigorous and impartial" investigation.
Private entities don't require transparency. For that matter, neither do governments apparently.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
No, but they do require a certain degree of confidence among customers and partners.

...in a surprise to nobody the alleged Horner messages were now leaked online:

Last edited:

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
No, but they do require a certain degree of confidence among customers and partners.

...in a surprise to nobody the alleged Horner messages were now leaked online:

The messages are fabricated nonsense. Forensics have already been done and it shows the pics are AI generated.

Either way , there's certainly trouble in the Red Bull empire after Dietric passed away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad