Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The whiniest driver since radio messages started getting broadcast who's been the whiniest driver despite being the most successful driver ever, on the most successful team ever, the team that was built entirely around him, moving to a perpetual clownshow that never gets strategy calls right and expects their drivers to be their own engineers? How will this go? Question?

Can't wait, personally.
Verstappen takes the whiny award by far, the last 2 years Hamilton has been super positive despite driving a shit car

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Hey folks - anyone here going to the Canadian Grand Prix? I'm trying to grab an Airbnb but right now St. Jerome is about the best I can do. Is it easy to get into the city from out there?

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Verstappen takes the whiny award by far, the last 2 years Hamilton has been super positive despite driving a shit car
A shit car eh? George Russell got a win and 19 top 5's in the W13. And the W14 got 2nd in the constructors. It wasn't a shit car at all. It was just Hamiltons crying that convinced everyone it was

• Haha
Reactions: max21

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I was about to post this tweet, both for the info and to highlight how absolutely meaningless it is (on what investigations can be based on other than allegations? Soap bars? Clam Chowders?)

Yeah what does being under investigation for allegations even mean...like, tell us something

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Italian media is reporting that Leclerc and his management team only got told about Hamilton after the contract extension had been signed, and that both Leclerc and his management aren't particularly pleased and impressed by that.

So this is the off track equivalent of a botched Ferrari strategy call. Of course they aren't pleased. And it has nothing to do with how fast or slow Hamilton will be when he's 40. Leclerc is trying to build a brand. And now he's going to be overshadowed by an egomaniac.

This was a stab in the back by Elkann and Vassuer.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So this is the off track equivalent of a botched Ferrari strategy call. Of course they aren't pleased. And it has nothing to do with how fast or slow Hamilton will be when he's 40. Leclerc is trying to build a brand. And now he's going to be overshadowed by an egomaniac.

This was a stab in the back by Elkann and Vassuer.
Then again, if Leclerc beats Hamilton, it's only going to make his stance stronger in Italy. Which he very realistically should be able to do, given that Hamilton will be 40 years old at the time. He has already come into a team that was built around Vettel, only to beat him in his first season at Ferrari. Hamilton might be the worldwide star that Leclerc will never be, but the tifosi care about winning and nothing else.

Reactions: DaveG

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Then again, if Leclerc beats Hamilton, it's only going to make his stance stronger in Italy. Which he very realistically should be able to do, given that Hamilton will be 40 years old at the time. He has already come into a team that was built around Vettel, only to beat him in his first season at Ferrari. Hamilton might be the worldwide star that Leclerc will never be, but the tifosi care about winning and nothing else.
Alesi, Jean.

Reactions: MXD

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
F1's franchise mode will be tested this year... How many fans are going to turn up to the track wearing their Visa Cash Ap Racing gear? The Andretti/Caddy brand won't add to the show though.. right... I was fine with Torro Rosso and Alpha T but this is a step too far.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hey folks - anyone here going to the Canadian Grand Prix? I'm trying to grab an Airbnb but right now St. Jerome is about the best I can do. Is it easy to get into the city from out there?
Hehh that's... not close and you have to basically cross the entire city.

If you're coming with your car I'd seriously suggest looking on the south shore. Makes much more sense considering the location of the circuit.

Eh... they really, really loved Mansell as well.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That Alpine livery is total crap. Carbon fibre crap.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That Alpine livery is total crap. Carbon fibre crap.
What a fall from grace in just a few years.

esteban-ocon-alpine-a521-1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MXD

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

George Russell shoots down claims of Lewis Hamilton running Mercedes’ experimental setups

George Russell beat Hamilton fair and square in 2022. But Hamilton and his fans just made up some stories to blame the car (and his personal trainer) Which weren't true (see link) And then in 2023, Russell had an off year due to engine DNFs and some uncharacteristic incidents, and he lost the points race to Hamilton. And for Hamiton and his fans, its as if 2022 never happened. We have a tie breaker coming up now in 2024 between them. But if Hamilton is getting beat, he will say the car is built around George and he's focused on 2025.

So I expect the same thing to happen. Leclerc will kick hamiltons ass in 2025. But they will just blame the car and then hope for an off year for Leclerc in 2026.

Reactions: DaveG

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
George Russell shoots down claims of Lewis Hamilton running Mercedes’ experimental setups

George Russell beat Hamilton fair and square in 2022. But Hamilton and his fans just made up some stories to blame the car (and his personal trainer) Which weren't true (see link) And then in 2023, Russell had an off year due to engine DNFs and some uncharacteristic incidents, and he lost the points race to Hamilton. And for Hamiton and his fans, its as if 2022 never happened. We have a tie breaker coming up now in 2024 between them. But if Hamilton is getting beat, he will say the car is built around George and he's focused on 2025.

So I expect the same thing to happen. Leclerc will kick hamiltons ass in 2025. But they will just blame the car and then hope for an off year for Leclerc in 2026.
Hamilton is by far the most popular driver in F1, of course there will be a lot of fans who say a lot of things. I don't see why Leclerc or anyone else would care about that.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
2019 was peak color for F1 liveries. Everyone is talking about weight being the reason why we see less paint. But weight has always been a thing for all race cars. What did change was the cost cap. Less time and money in the paint booth is more money to spend elsewhere.

I think the new Alpine livery is sharp. They brought the big A back.
racefansdotnet-20190922-132807-34.jpg

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

On the other hand, Mercedes would be f***ing idiots to not build the car more according to George's input, and Hamilton may not even participate to the developpment of the car during 2024 up to a certain point.

Reactions: Brookbank

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Aston Martin are confident. Don't jinx yourselves now. I hope they have a decent car. Makes it more interesting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad