2024-25 Roster…too soon?

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Gallant was fired last spring. New coach, same Kakko.
Totally fair, but Lav hasn’t exactly been giving him ample opportunity either. I get what you mean though.

I’m not expecting much from King Lizard Wizard KyKy Davidson this year but a near bottom finish can’t be allowed. Bottom 10? Sure. But I think otherwise, it can’t be tolerated.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Why? That's what was said to be the plan all along.
As long as we see improvement. If we are far and away the most terrible again (I know SJ is worse somehow, which is embarrassing) or somehow finish worse, I fear we will get into a weird culture for the club. A little progress would be great.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I hope we trade a LD this offseason to pickup a solid forward. With Korchinski, Kaiser, EDM, Allan, Vlasic for three LD spots.. I think we should look at someone like Arizona and see if we can get a forward from them. I like Guenther.
Arizona isn’t trading Guenther

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Probably not. But I would trade Korchinski for him in a hockey deal. Their left side is pretty toast.
This won't be appreciated by some but let's say the Hawks draft Levshunov, the question I would have is where does that leave Korch in the relative scheme of things?

If the Hawks draft Levshunov, at some point he becomes the point man on the #1 PP unit. Otherwise why bother. Rinzel or Jones could then play the 2nd unit PP.

In this case you may have a defender that does not play special teams and, although young and learning, he struggles with in zone defending. All the while there's Vlasic, Kaiser, Del Mastro,and Allan on the left side.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
This won't be appreciated by some but let's say the Hawks draft Levshunov, the question I would have is where does that leave Korch in the relative scheme of things?

If the Hawks draft Levshunov, at some point he becomes the point man on the #1 PP unit. Otherwise why bother. Rinzel or Jones could then play the 2nd unit PP.

In this case you may have a defender that does not play special teams and, although young and learning, he struggles with in zone defending. All the while there's Vlasic, Kaiser, Del Mastro,and Allan on the left side.
Trading one top 10 pick for another and getting a player who plays a position of need for us shouldn’t be that controversial.

I still value Korchinski a lot.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Trading one top 10 pick for another and getting a player who plays a position of need for us shouldn’t be that controversial.

I still value Korchinski a lot.
Have you forgotten our future d-group, Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin and Jokiharju? All great all future but now non here and one regular NHL (Jokiharju).

I don't mind trading away from strenght but I'll liked it to be NHL strenght not just paper strenght.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Have you forgotten our future d-group, Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin and Jokiharju? All great all future but now non here and one regular NHL (Jokiharju).

I don't mind trading away from strenght but I'll liked it to be NHL strenght not just paper strenght.
I sort of agree. To me the difference is that a lot of these guys I mentioned earlier have shown more than Mitchell or Beaudin ever showed at the AHL level.

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Flyers made the same mistake banking on Provorov, Ghost, Hagg, Myers, among others as well. We are in no position to trade a young Dman yet.

Also how funny is it that Bowman somehow traded Jokiharju while he was the only one of that group to even carve out a spot in the NHL

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Crevier from Jfresh has lowest 5 V 5 GF total of any NHL D this year (at least I hope its this year only) 30% XGF% and out scored 23 to 6. vlasic is our top guy. Zaitsev is above Murph, Megna tinordi. would still be open to have him come back as a bottom RD rotation and we free up a trade of murph 50% retained. BTW retention spots now really only have value if you are trading over 1 year deals. with 1/2 the league in LTIR cap space you can use there unused space created by LTIR and the cost is not alot 5th or soemthing like that on expiring deals.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Well with Raddysh recent scratches, seems he might be trending towards a No Qualifying Offer. Not sure I necessarily agree, as his qualifying offer is $813,750, which is fine to re-sign for and then waive if they want to go a different direction, without any sort of cap penalty. I can see him still making a roster somewhere. 4.3 % individual shooting percentage and 5.0 % team on ice shooting percentage are both unsustainably low across seasons.

I'd probably say keep Slaggert up to start next season. He looks comfortable in a 4th line role.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Well with Raddysh recent scratches, seems he might be trending towards a No Qualifying Offer. Not sure I necessarily agree, as his qualifying offer is $813,750, which is fine to re-sign for and then waive if they want to go a different direction, without any sort of cap penalty. I can see him still making a roster somewhere. 4.3 % individual shooting percentage and 5.0 % team on ice shooting percentage are both unsustainably low across seasons.

I'd probably say keep Slaggert up to start next season. He looks comfortable in a 4th line role.
He has arbitration rights. This has been explained to you. There’s no chance they’re letting him get there because the arbiters usually side with the player and make them overpaid.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He has arbitration rights. This has been explained to you. There’s no chance they’re letting him get there because the arbiters usually side with the player and make them overpaid.
As I've explained to you with all of your fear-mongering, there is not much of a worry that he is going to take the Hawks to arbitration and be given some monster award given his most recent season.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
As I've explained to you with all of your fear-mongering, there is not much of a worry that he is going to take the Hawks to arbitration and be given some monster award given his most recent season.
I guess you weren’t paying attention during the Kurashev arbitration, which isn’t shocking, considering you didn’t know the rules of arbitration well after the fact.

Raddysh had a fluke 20 goal season just a season ago, the arbiters would absolutely side with him and hand him like 3 million dollars. And despite your best efforts at defending him, Raddysh does nothing well. He’s not a great skater, not physical, can’t shoot or pass. And he PKs, but doesn’t even do that well, easy candidate to cut bait with, and everyone except you will forget he even played here.

Reactions: Pertti

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I guess you weren’t paying attention during the Kurashev arbitration, which isn’t shocking, considering you didn’t know the rules of arbitration well after the fact.

Raddysh had a fluke 20 goal season just a season ago, the arbiters would absolutely side with him and hand him like 3 million dollars. And despite your best efforts at defending him, Raddysh does nothing well. He’s not a great skater, not physical, can’t shoot or pass. And he PKs, but doesn’t even do that well, easy candidate to cut bait with, and everyone except you will forget he even played here.
Drop the know it all schtick. It doesn’t look great. I love how Kurashev is the big bad arbitrator boogeyman when that’s not even a bad contract based on this season.

Reactions: ClydeLee

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think we likely need to split up Jones and Vlasic. Give Vlasic and Murphy the really hard minutes, and give Seth and Korchinski or Seth and Kaiser the easier deployments chasing offense.

Vlasic - Murphy
Korchinski/Kaiser - Jones
Korchinski/Kaiser- ?UFA?EDM?Allan (I know he was playing RD in AHL)

Forward group back next year will likely be

AA, Foligno, Dickinson, Kurashev, Donato, Bedard, Reichel, Slaggert, Hall

RFAs: Reichel, Anderson, Entwistle, Raddysh, Reese Johnson

UFAs: Tyler Johnson, Colin Blackwell

I don't expect either of the UFAs back, I don't expect Reese Johnson to be back. I don't expect Entwistle to be back. I expect Raddysh to return and I expect Anderson to return and I expect Reichel to return.

My current projection has us with 11 forwards. 3 forward slots to be filled.

Internally: Gavin Hayes, Paul Ludwinski, Frank Nazar, Ryan Greene, Colton Dach, Cole Guttman.. They likely compete for a spot or two.
Externally: I would like to see us go after some of Toffoli, DeBrusk, Stephenson.

Overall I expect us to be a little bit better next year, but not by much.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Don't be too shocked if Phillips and Crevier both start in the NHL. Both are out of waiver-exempt next season, and young enough with the team being bad enough so they may just keep them around and wait for an injury, or if there is none, waiving whichever one is worse of the two (or sending Kaiser down if he's bad since he's still waiver-exempt).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Vlasic Jones
KK Murphy
Phillips Kaiser
Crevier

Let EDM and Allan have one more season in Rockford. Think Phillips is the most likely to eventually be moved to make room for EDM, so showcase him plenty in hopes we can get futures for him.

No more Tinordi or Zaitsev.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
TR's stats are better then Kurashev and he got 2.65 I think. no way he is QO they may make him a offer of 1 year 1 mil. But the QO is a no. Arb is going to put him in the 2.5 range. I wonder if there was any kind of offer last year at the TDL or in the off season. we should have moved him. Teams at the cap might have thought he was a upgrade at under league min on the 2rd line. now everybody knows he just had a lucky year.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Overall I expect us to be a little bit better next year, but not by much.
I think we’ll be surprised pleasantly. I like your projections. I think we might see a more engaged Seth Jones from the start, significant development from korchinski and Bedard, adding hall and one or two of the UFAs listed.

I think we’ll be 9th-12th from the bottom. Most of all I expect 90 points from bedard. The elite elite stars take no time to skyrocket.

Mrazek… flip a coin year to year who knows if he’ll be good again or coast after new contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad