2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Does Korchinski play In the NHL next year or does he go to Rockford?

I'm still a fan but not sure if he's completely ready
Depends on the kind of jump he can make over the summer.

He's definitely more suited for the AHL than he is the NHL, as of now.

But will Kyle Davidson admit his mistake? Will he send his pride and joy to Rockford? I doubt it.

Reactions: wladyslaw and ello

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He has the advantage of inertia over Kaiser and Del Mastro. They've already been in the AHL, he hasn't, so Korchinski going down in the AHL is a demotion and you worry he'll be sad and stuff. There's also the invested draft capital component to it and prioritizing his happiness/development over mid-round picks. Of course that only goes so far and long-term the best players will play. Short-term though, it gives Korchinski the inside track to start in NHL next year.

This "logjam" is part of why I was leaning towards putting Korchinski back in the WHL, but that's not relevant anymore.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
He has the advantage of inertia over Kaiser and Del Mastro. They've already been in the AHL, he hasn't, so Korchinski going down in the AHL is a demotion and you worry he'll be sad and stuff. There's also the invested draft capital component to it and prioritizing his happiness/development over mid-round picks. Of course that only goes so far and long-term the best players will play. Short-term though, it gives Korchinski the inside track to start in NHL next year.

This "logjam" is part of why I was leaning towards putting Korchinski back in the WHL, but that's not relevant anymore.
Agree....Korchinski is not going to the AHL barring massive struggles next season.

Speaking of the "logjam", at what point do the Hawks trade a LHD for a similar RHD or winger with some size? Vlassic has emerged this season as grabbing one of the 3 LHD spots going forward. Korchinski based on draft position/pedigree is going to be given every oppurtunity to grab another. That leaves Kaiser, DelMastro, Phillips, Roos, and Allen for way fewer (even if one ends up playing off hand RHD) spots than prospects. Moving a guy or 2 before guys rot on the vine and lose value is probably a real good idea this Summer.

Reactions: Pez68

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kanes not going anywhere. The Debrincats and Kanes have boys the same age and familys are close. Hes going to resign in Detriot if Yzerman wants him.

Pretty much every insider reported that the contract included a handshake deal to trade Kane at the TDL if the Red Wings weren't in playoff contention.

Clearly, he's not THAT attached.

In any case, both sides have basically gone on record saying they're not interested in reuniting, so I'm not sure why so many people are fan-shipping this reunion.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Next years defence

Seth Jones
resigned Alex Vlasic
Connor Murphy
Kevin Korchinski
Ethan Del Mastro
Wyatt Kaiser

resigned Isaak Phillips and Louis Crevier

Both Phillips and Crevier will be on one year one way qualified deals

Nolan Allan will be the waiver exempt callup

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
LOL

You really cant help yourself can you

How is your boy Ian doing?
It's kinda crazy. He rides KK the way he does, who is twice the player Mitchell will ever be, as a 19 year old playing in the NHL, but I don't think he has yet to admit that he was wrong on Mitchell, who will be lucky to ever become a third pairing regular on an NHL team.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just looked up how he and Regula did in Providence

Regula
55 GP
4 G
22 A
26 pts
+36 (Best on team)

Mitchell
40 GP
5 G
17 A
22 pts
+10

Regula didn't get any NHL action despite his strong year in AHL while Mitchell got 13 games with B's

13 GP
2 A
2 pts
+6
15:18 TOI

I assume only reason Mitchell got NHL action was because of his connections to coach

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Just looked up how he and Regula did in Providence

Regula didn't get any NHL action despite his strong year in AHL while Mitchell got 13 games with B's

I assume only reason Mitchell got NHL action was because of his connections to coach
1-way vs. 2-way contract could play a small factor as well. Mitchell gets $775K no matter where he is, they save $655K of real money keeping Regula down.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Stephenson-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Dickinson-Anthansiou
Reichel-Nazar-Foligno
Slaggert-Blackwell-Anderson
Donato

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
Del Mastro-Lyubushkin
Kaiser/Phillips

Mrazek
Jones

Realistic team for next year?

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I like the Chandler Stephenson add....I was thinking they could add another forward .....with Tinordi likely taking up needle point next year, Hawks are going to need some toughness on the blueline too.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Stephenson-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Dickinson-Anthansiou
Reichel-Nazar-Foligno
Slaggert-Blackwell-Anderson
Donato

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
Del Mastro-Lyubushkin
Kaiser/Phillips

Mrazek
Jones

Realistic team for next year?
Feel like Stephenson would be the 2C and Nazar would play on the top line with Bedard and Kurashev.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
What sort of deals will Stephenson and Marchessault command? Marchessault is a bit older so maybe if you can get him for a shorter deal. Just don't want anything 4 years or more. Even 3 is pushing it, but fine for the right guy as that doesn't bump against waiver exemption for prospect. I think the Hawks can afford to get better without it drastically altering draft position for next year just based on where the rest of the league is at, which is good.

2023-24 sorted by negative goal differential

Sharks -146
Hawks -108
Ducks -94
Blue Jackets -66
Canadiens -52
Capitals -38
Senators -28
Flyers -25
Coyotes -21
Devils -19
Flames -19
Kraken -19

Hawks have a lot of runway to get a lot better and still pick top 5, 6, or 7.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It would be the most Troll Hawks thing for us to move on from Kane, draft Bedard, have Kane sign with a Wings team that just barely misses the playoffs, Hawks win 1st overall again, bring Kane back, and then makes the playoffs sooner than the Wings; who have struggled for a longer period of time without any top 3 picks to show for it.

It must happen.
This has gone according to plan so far. Next step? Celebrini.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Top two adds this off-season…

1.Brady Tkachuk, trade with Ottawa at the draft, he’s signed for four more years

2.Patrick Kane, sign as a free agent to a two year deal

BTkachuk
PKane
CBedard
PKurashev
THall
JDickinson
FNazar
resigned LReichel
NFoligno
AAthanasiou
resigned JAnderson
RDonato
LSlaggert
resigned CGuttman

SJones
resigned AVlasic
KKorchinski
CMurphy
EDel Mastro
WKaiser
resigned LCrevier

PMrazek
resigned JStauber

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Trade for Frost and sign a forward like Teuvo or something to that effect. Forward group all of the sudden looks a lot less incompetent without breaking the bank money or asset wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad