2024-25 NTDP U17 Team Selection

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Just scrolled back and not sure why some of you guys are so hurt when I post. I don't lie. I am opinionated, yea ok I get it that can ruffle some feathers, but I never criticize individual players in a negative way. Only thing I have criticized was the social media hype machine that is taking advantage of naive parents.

I was focusing on the 09 birth year this year but have been on this forum for a while and cant remember so much fanboyism for a birth year like this one before. This tells me some of you must be parents trying to pump their kids, or maybe sleazy advisors / media guys.

I'll stop posting here so you guys can continue enjoying each other in this little echo chamber you have going. God forbid somebody says an opinion that goes against the grain.

Reactions: clevelandcane

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Just scrolled back and not sure why some of you guys are so hurt when I post. I don't lie. I am opinionated, yea ok I get it that can ruffle some feathers, but I never criticize individual players in a negative way. Only thing I have criticized was the social media hype machine that is taking advantage of naive parents.

I was focusing on the 09 birth year this year but have been on this forum for a while and cant remember so much fanboyism for a birth year like this one before. This tells me some of you must be parents trying to pump their kids, or maybe sleazy advisors / media guys.

I'll stop posting here so you guys can continue enjoying each other in this little echo chamber you have going. God forbid somebody says an opinion that goes against the grain.

You really need to move past your refrain that anyone who disagrees with you is a prospect parent or a "sleazy advisor / media guy." It says nothing about the people you disagree with while saying a lot about you.

There is nothing wrong with you having differing player and birth year opinions. It's valuable that we have posters on here who watch various players and form various opinions. We're all better for that.

But people are not often challenging you because you have varying opinions, but because you make bold claims like "I have spoken with all of [the NHL guys coaching in the 2009 birth year]" to support your conclusions on a birth year, and then immediately pivot when challenged to that being "3 coaches who played in the NHL who are in Massachusetts for tournaments pretty often that have sons at the 09 level" which is not even remotely the same thing. And folks challenge you not just because you might have differing opinions, but because you rarely offer any supporting evidence or context for your positions beyond that we should just believe you and if we don't, you attempt to poison our wells to discredit our positions with repetitive circumstantial ad hominem attacks where you fabricate, without any evidence mind you, the circumstances.

You don't seem to be here for discussion or information, but for acquiescence to the perceived incontrovertibility of your positions.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

To be honest its pretty clear you are the parent here that is upset your kid hasnt been mentioned yet.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You don’t get to just pop in and say “I’ve talked to people and they say this year sucks. You can’t contradict me because it’s an unverified anecdote. By the way, you are all paid shills”

That’s not how good discussion works lol.

Celebrini71

Oct 31, 2023
My Guesses

Beuker - UND
Berchild - Gophers or Hockey East
Cullen - St Cloud
Plante - UMD
Nelson - Notre Dame
Stuart - Denver
Francisco - UMD
Marthaler - UMD
Barnett - Michigan
Lutner - Gophers

Wieters

Mar 2, 2024
My Guesses

Beuker - UND
Berchild - Gophers or Hockey East
Cullen - St Cloud
Plante - UMD
Nelson - Notre Dame
Stuart - Denver
Francisco - UMD
Marthaler - UMD
Barnett - Michigan
Lutner - Gophers
Casey Mutryn's brother, Teddy, is a BC commit. And their dad, Scott, was the QB on the football team. So that one seems written in the stars.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Casey Mutryn's brother, Teddy, is a BC commit. And their dad, Scott, was the QB on the football team. So that one seems written in the stars.
You have to be kidding me. The dad is Scott Mutryn?!?!?! He played QB at my HS in the 90s at St. Ignatius. We were the powerhouse in football in the country in the 90s and he's one that put us there. Same kid?

Wieters

Mar 2, 2024
You have to be kidding me. The dad is Scott Mutryn?!?!?! He played QB at my HS in the 90s at St. Ignatius. We were the powerhouse in football in the country in the 90s and he's one that put us there. Same kid?
That's the family! Small world at least in the realm of sports. Scott has Ignatius listed in his bio on Twitter. He's still closely connected to BC, and now you can see he's involved in the world of youth hockey because of his sons.

Another fun fact: Mutryn was at BC at the same as Matt Hasselbeck, who now has two daughters at BC playing on one of the perennial powerhouses in women's lacrosse.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
That's the family! Small world at least in the realm of sports. Scott has Ignatius listed in his bio on Twitter. He's still closely connected to BC, and now you can see he's involved in the world of youth hockey because of his sons.

Another fun fact: Mutryn was at BC at the same as Matt Hasselbeck, who now has two daughters at BC playing on one of the perennial powerhouses in women's lacrosse.
Thanks for the information! Very cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2