2024-25 NTDP U17 Team Selection

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
About time this starts being discussed? There was a thread for this last year.

Who will make the U17 NTDP for next season? Camp invites should be soon going by recent years.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think Mikey Berchild is an early frontrunner for best U.S. born '08 Forward. He already plays on Shattucks U18 team, like Celebrini and Eisermann did a couple years prior at the same age.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I'm putting a MSC kid in the mix, Jamie Glance.

Another favorite of mine from last year is Camden Nimmer. I think he has the skill if not the size ... of course he's so young he will grow.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Early I know but does anybody have a read on how the hype for the 08’s is as a class versus the 07’s. I think the 07’s maybe haven’t statistically blown the roof off yet but it seems to me like there is some big upside potential with Moore, Potter, etc.

Hurlbert and Berchild in particular are arriving with a ton of buzz. Seems like real good depth at forward and although he’s small, it seems like Wendt at the very least is gonna be an awesome juniors/college prospect. Not sure I’ve heard much about the blueliners though and at this time last year at least a guy like Tretheway was a pretty known lockdown commodity from the 07’s. I know Barnett’s brother is probably going to be on there and that Francisco kid was featured at the YOG. But doesn’t seem like the strength of the class, at least this early on.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
From MN you've got Berchild certainly, Zac Zimmerman, AJ Francisco, Cole Bumgarner, Casey Vandertop, Riley Zupfer, Logan Lutner, Cash Cruitt, and Joe Erickson are some others.

Victor Plante I don't know much about but if he's like his brothers he will be under consideration.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
From MN you've got Berchild certainly, Zac Zimmerman, AJ Francisco, Cole Bumgarner, Casey Vandertop, Riley Zupfer, and Joe Erickson are some others.

Victor Plante I don't know much about but if he's like his brothers he will be under consideration.
Is Nate Pederson another or his point totals are being inflated by Simpson and Siegert?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
From the YOG team

Trottier-Berchild-Hurlbert
?-?-?
Stuart-Gordon Carroll-Bumgarner
?-?-?
?

?-Schairer
Barnett-Francisco
?-?
?-?

Wendt
?

Don’t want any of the others invited back.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
he wants to go ntdp only question is if he makes it
How has he progressed over the year? Last year I saw him pretty highly rated by a lot of people but he seemed to have fallen over the course of the year. Is he still considered to be the top 08 in Saskatchewan?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
How has he progressed over the year? Last year I saw him pretty highly rated by a lot of people but he seemed to have fallen over the course of the year. Is he still considered to be the top 08 in Saskatchewan?
His skillset is unreal but he doesn't play a very aggressive style more capitalizes on mistakes and deadly on PP. Last year he would've gone 7 to PA at the latest but the NCAA concerns had him drop a bit. Leading the Sask Midget AAA league by a decent amount but tbh I think going the Junior-NCAA path will be better for him in the long run as it'll give him more time to mature physically and become more confident in the home plate area. He's a elite skater, smart and deadly shot it's mostly about physically maturing for him. Don't think he has the mentality for the WHL, too passive vs his former teammate Beckett Hamilton who isn't as skilled but plays a very aggressive in your face style. Kinda similar to a couple years ago in Oremba vs Lind. Oremba was more skilled but passive while Lind was 100% all the time. I'd put pretty good odds on Beuker choosing North Dakota

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
So far I know two kids who got invites to top 40 camp in the North East. If you guys have any scuttlebutt please post it but I am assuming everyone has to zip their lips out of respect for the families.

Guess we'll know soon enough.

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Goaltenders

Defensemen

Forwards

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Goaltenders

Defensemen

Forwards
Great list. I like a lot of these kids for the team. Is this your list only or something be official?

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Goaltenders

Defensemen

Forwards

Beuker, Kosick and Babin would add to the growing list of duals in recent years who live, and have played virtually their entire hockey career in Canada until they choose to represent American at 17, including: Jake Sanderson, Thomas Bordeleau, William Moore, Roman Schmidt, EJ Emery, and Dylan Peterson, among others.

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Beuker and Kosick would add to the growing list of duals in recent years who live, and have spent virtually their entire hockey career in Canada until they choose to represent American at 17, including: Jake Sanderson, Thomas Bordeleau, William Moore, Roman Schmidt, EJ Emery, and Dylan Peterson, among others.
Quinn and Jack Hughes spent their whole minor hockey career in Toronto additionally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad