HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wonder if a dominant performance from Dvorsky would do anything to help his draft stock at all. I know he has a track record of performing well against his own age group, but I'm curious if showcasing that again a few months before the draft would help offset the somewhat lackluster season he had in the AIK.

He can definitely help his draft stock if he shows against his peer group that he has skills that he simply didn't demonstrate in the WJCs or Allsvenskans.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Has Team Slovakia been announced yet? I'm hoping to see Dvorsky playing against kids his own age for a change.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Strbak. I was impressed by him when I saw him play in person at the WJC.

I haven't seen a full list yet; however Czech Republic is sending Hrabal (G). David Jiricek's younger brother Adam (2024) will play, as will Jakub Dvorak (2023) & Tomas Galvas (2024).

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Has Team Slovakia been announced yet? I'm hoping to see Dvorsky playing against kids his own age for a change.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Strbak. I was impressed by him when I saw him play in person at the WJC.
Yes it has been, this is it:

Ondrej Molnar, the second best forward, remains suspended by the Slovak hockey federation due to the ongoing police investigation. Major major loss for this team

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Czech lineup:

FtRZo_MWwAUP7AN.jpeg

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

Ondrej Molnar, the second best forward, remains suspended by the Slovak hockey federation due to the ongoing police investigation. Major major loss for this team

Do we know what he’s being investigated for?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I forget, does Canada usually bolster their lineup as players get eliminated from CHL playoffs?

They sometimes add a player or two from CHL 2nd round eliminations.

For instance, if Yager or Benson get eliminated in time they might add one of them. Ditto Tanner Molendyk.

But, not always. It doesn't always work out.

Reactions: atrud66

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Story to watch.

1) Vaisainen vs. Kivi
2) How's Pieniniemi vs. these 2.
3) How many pucks Halttunen snapped in his basement during the year? Can he aim yet?

At minimum, they should have excellent goaltending. We'll see about the rest.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

No Samuel Honzek? Is he too old

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

Thank you! Great to hear Dvorsky will be playing. I thought he did great as a 17-year old in the WJC with defensive assignments against USA and Canada's top lines (a win and an OT loss). I'm hoping he gets an opportunity to be turned loose offensively next week.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Oh goaltender Joey Constanzo started for Canada, and was replaced with Gabriel D'Aigle midway through game.

Noa Vali started for Finland and was replaced by Eemil Vinni at half as well.

Constanzo 3rd goalie? Did you see the lines?

Looks like there's a Martone - Howe - Lardis line and Barlow - Celebrini - something

It's a deep team, but if Canada can add Yager...not sure how any of the big teams will compete.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Constanzo 3rd goalie?

I believe so. Team Canada plays another exhibition game tomorrow against Switzerland, I expect Bjarnason to play that one fully.

Maybe they were looking at who should be backup. I expect Bjarnason to be #1.

Game tomorrow is also not televised.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I believe so. Team Canada plays another exhibition game tomorrow against Switzerland, I expect Bjarnason to play that one fully.

Maybe they were looking at who should be backup. I expect Bjarnason to be #1.

Game tomorrow is also not televised.

Or maybe the 3rd goalie will get a full-game equivalent during exhibitions because he won't see the ice after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad