GDT: 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft: 1st Round, June 28, 7 p.m. et | ESPN, SN, TVAS: Nashville, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Edstrom + Wahlberg still up. Could have had both and gotten more beeg while also taking the clear BPA at 5.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Oh it sure does when you have way to many leaf fans friends chirping you for skipping on Michkov :laugh:
Yup I need new friends :help::laugh:
It's just one player sheesh, a bunch of other teams passed on him too. The only thing that matters to us is how Reinbacher turns out. Unfortunately the minds of fans have really been made and Reinbacher is already a bust just because Michkov was still there.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Also, for the lack of trades, just look at how things have gone in the last 5 years. There's been fewer and fewer big block buster trades, fewer big deadline acquisitions, fewer big splashy moves. It's just been the nature of things. The game has changed.
In retrospect we will see that we missed an opportunity with PLD, the rare big trade of 2023. I write this not knowing if PLD with LA will be a bust or a success. In retrospec we could say we were better not make that trade. Just saying Habs were not able to match King's offer and it's sad. We just can't make moves like that.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I’ve been listening to Franco radio and most don’t get the pick. Several didn’t understand the urgency of landing a D in a quality forward draft. Some thought we are already too heavy in D. A few had watched video and liked the puck but not at the expense of Michkov.

I switched over to 690 and our pals Campbell and his garden gnome were barely paying attention to the draft. They were too busy cracking lame jokes and getting into cheap banter with callers.

An interesting interview on 98.5 FM with Eric Faille who played with Reinbacher and watched his ascension. He said the more the coaching staff gave him responsibilities, the more he showed that he could handle them and kept wanting more. And kept it up when he graduated to a higher league, where Faille ended up on the same team and saw for himself how quickly he adjusted and evolved.

Faille’s description and endorsement reflected some of the qualities that must have impressed Habs scouts.
Yeah I'm not gonna crap all over Reinbacher since it's not his fault when and where he was drafted but I'm still extremely disappointed with taking a dman @ 5 in a draft with some very high end potential forwards still on the board @ 5 which I wanted instead.

Hopefully this pick works out for the Habs but right now I'm not the least bit excited about it and I'm even more disappointed in Hughes and the Habs front office this year than what I was with their 1st OA pick last year.

I'm not really much of a fan of the Habs management and scouts right now but I would like nothing better if they prove to be right and they prove me wrong but we'll see.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Except David R, is not a 4 guy...
I guess we see
Yes he certainly is a top 4 guy with top 2 potential. He was the top ranked dman in his entire draft class in Bob McKenzie's poll. That's every kid born on the planet from Sept 2004 to Sept 2005. Do you really believe not a single dman born during that span projects to be a top 4 D?

The Hockey News rankings are made up by journalists. Not real hockey guys.

Reinbacher might be a great guy to pair up with Hutson because of his strong all around play and defensive conscience.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Partly ba

I said defens

He will be better I hope than Thomas Pock

My point was that nationality is irrelevant. If people followed your way of thinking, Draisaitl would have went late 1st because Marco Sturm was the best German forward before him.

Reinbacher had a better D year than Pock in a way superior league (NLA vs Austrian league) so the comparison just doesn't make sense apart from nationality.

If you want a more relevant comparison:
Reinbacher 46 3-19-22
Josi 35 2-6-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes