GDT: 2023 trade deadline

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Any chance Vegas offers Tampa a late round pick in exchange for Smith so Smith is available to the NHL roster if needed?

Gemel? They're almost at the contract limit, but maybe. They've been auditioning guys like Froese and Rempal, and they've always liked Rondbjerg for depth.

----------
2.9M cap relief left, right? That's enough for Toffoli if Howden goes the other way.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Gemel? They're almost at the contract limit, but maybe. They've been auditioning guys like Froese and Rempal, and they've always liked Rondbjerg for depth.

----------
2.9M cap relief left, right? That's enough for Toffoli if Howden goes the other way.
Thank you for the reply.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
JVR half retained for our 2023 3rd and an AHL contract, and whatever extra retention needed (20% of half) for a 6th/7th as a finisher?

We'd still have our first and Buffalo's third for this year, and our first and second next year with only Dean gone from our prospect group.

And I really think McCrimmon will push for Owen Pederson as a young UDFA in the offseason to play in the Henderson pipeline probably.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Go Leafs Go tonight (sorry Hangman). Toffoli 1M retained would fit next year's cap, and if they put Thompson on LTIR and Roy on IR they should be able to fit him in without giving up a roster player.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Gemel Smith; on loan to Henderson from the Tampa Bay organization.

3 more points. Still wouldn't give up a 7th for a 29yo since they just moved one out for Quick, but they had to take Mayo back in the Weber deal - maybe a 1 for 1 swap would benefit both clubs.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
3 more points. Still wouldn't give up a 7th for a 29yo since they just moved one out for Quick, but they had to take Mayo back in the Weber deal - maybe a 1 for 1 swap would benefit both clubs.
Tampa is looking for defense depth for Syracuse so perhaps Bischoff or Mayo. Would prefer Miromanov as he could be a call up option but I could see Tampa having to add to make that one happen.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Wonder if Calgary is selling, then.

Lindholm or Toffoli at 50% would give them quite the haul and Vegas should be in on that instead.
If he isn't too expensive Toffoli would give us the net front presence we sorely lack.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Relieved. JVR and Kessel would be too many one-dimensional forwards (Kessel is one too many as it is).

Seems like something happened, so you never know...

Either JVR didn't want to go to Detroit, or got injured? idk.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Relieved. JVR and Kessel would be too many one-dimensional forwards (Kessel is one too many as it is).

EDIT: JVR may not be a RW after all.

JVR is slow and not physical but he is far from a bad defensive player. He has some of the best underlying numbers on the Flyers and he is a good net front presence. Well worth a 3rd in my opinion because he provides elements Vegas lacks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad