WJC: 2023 Sweden Roster Talk

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
It was a nice goal, probably in his top 3 this season ;)

The "this season" tweak of argument was a nice reminder that Robertsson has five goals in the SHL So thanks for bringing that to our attention ;)
Key takeaway though is half of the forward group that is going into this WJC squad hasnt even begun producing at the SHL level.
Cropping or placing him as 13th forward when he's the leader among his peers at scoring among men is a pretty lame take.

Last edited:

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
The "this season" tweak of argument was a nice reminder that Robertsson has five goals in the SHL So thanks for bringing that to our attention ;)
Key takeaway though is half of the forward group that is going into this WJC squad hasnt even begun producing at the SHL level.

Cropping or placing him as 13th forward when he's the leader among his peers at scoring among men is a pretty lame take.

It’s impressive how he’s a regular (or whatever 7:30 avg ice time makes you) roster player at such a young age, but I don’t know how much you can deduce from 3 points in 28 or 6 points in 58 games. You can call him a leader among his age group, but it seems to me that you can also say he’s right up there with anyone else but happens to have scored a full goal more than the next kid, making it 3.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
It’s impressive how he’s a regular (or whatever 7:30 avg ice time makes you)
Last five games he has been averaging 8:37. Trending up.

but I don’t know how much you can deduce from 3 points in 28 or 6 points in 58 games.
We could also talk about his impact in the physical aspect of the game. Or his puck-handling. But perhaps you havent seen him play much?

You can call him a leader among his age group, but it seems to me that you can also say he’s right up there with anyone else but happens to have scored a full goal more than the next kid, making it 3.

It's not me saying that Robertsson is the leader among his peers at goal scoring at SHL level. Its the stats that says so. It is a fact.

He has scored five goals. There are a couple guys having logged two goals < but that is not important at all, because the debate was whether Robertsson is a lock (my claim) or the idea that Robertsson shouldnt even be on the squad or placing him as 13th forwad. The latter is nothing but a hot take. Beyond silly.
The key takeaway around scoring in SHL is that there are 6-7 forwards that will go into this WJC squad that has yet to score a single goal at SHL level, while Robertsson has logged five and is trending up. He scored in his last two games.

Last edited:

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Last five games he has been averaging 8:37. Trending up.

We could also talk about his impact in the physical aspect of the game. Or his puck-handling. But perhaps you havent seen him play much?

It's not me saying that Robertsson is the leader among his peers at goal scoring at SHL level. Its the stats that says so. It is a fact.

He has scored five goals. There are a couple guys having logged two goals < but that is not important at all, because the debate was whether Robertsson is a lock (my claim) or the idea that Robertsson shouldnt even be on the squad or placing him as 13th forwad. The latter is nothing but a hot take. Beyond silly.
The key takeaway for that is that there are 6-7 forwards that will go into this WJC squad that has yet to score a single goal at SHL level, while Robertsson has logged five and is trending up. He scored in his last two games.

I seem to have seen at least 10:52 of him, and he tallied a hit that game, but it’s fair to say I haven’t seen him play much indeed.

I believe you’re right that he’s a lock, and he does look good next to other Swedish 2003 births, plus he’ll be one of the oldest eligible players with the most pro experience next year if I’m not mistaken: all I ever said was it’s 3 goals. We thought Noel Gunler was going to be the next Tarasenko after a few points in a small sample size as a 17-18 year old, it’s just hard to know what to make of three goals, you know what I mean?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Gereon Dahlgren and Pierre Johnsson will be assistants to Magnus Hävelid.

Dahlgren, & Johnsson will still be working as assistant coaches for Linköping, & Skellefteå respectively. Dahlgren takes forwards, Johnsson takes dmen.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Gereon Dahlgren and Pierre Johnsson will be assistants to Magnus Hävelid.

Dahlgren, & Johnsson will still be working as assistant coaches for Linköping, & Skellefteå respectively. Dahlgren takes forwards, Johnsson takes dmen.
And also Alexander Steen and Robin Jonsson.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

First camp roster released, obviously missing players that will play summer WJC:

GOALIES
Viggo Andrén
Ian Blomquist
Marcus Brännman
Hugo Hävelid
Axel Mangbo
Alec Rajalin-Scharp

DEFENSEMEN
Oscar Asplund
Adam Engström
Simon Forsmark
Hugo Fransson
Dennis Good Bogg
Ludvig Jansson
Theodor Johnsson
Jonathan Myrenberg
Olle Norberg
Jakob Norèn
Calle Odelius
Anton Olsson
Elias Pettersson
Elias Salomonsson
Victor Sjöholm
Theo Wallberg

FORWARDS
Filip Björkman
Filip Bystedt
Leo Carlsson
Liam Dower Nilsson
Arvid Eljas
Lucas Forsell
Noah Hasa
Adam Hofbauer
Theo Jacobsson
Oskar Jellvik
Oliver Johansson
Gabriel Kangas
Gustav Karlsson
Oliver Moberg
Ludwig Persson
Oskar Pettersson
Simon Robertsson
Rasmus Rudslätt
William Strömgren
Alexander Suzdalev
Alexander Tell
Fabian Wagner
Liam Öhgren
Noah Östlund

Also, Alex Steen will be a scout.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Grinders such as Oliver Moberg, Filip Björkman, Adam Houfbauer, Arvid Eljias, Noah Hasa, Gustav Karlsson and Tell ahead of skilled players such as Otto Stenberg, Tim Almgren, Linus Hemström, Joel Jonsson etc. The tradition keeps going even with new coaches.

And if they wanted grinders they should have picked grinding Isac Born who is better than all of them.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
2 players who have SHL contract but not mention so far is Elias Sjöström and Noel Edfeldt.

Another interesting player is Joel Ratkovic Berndtsson. Fredrik Sjöström seems to be very high on him.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Maximilian Kilpinen, Anton Johansson, Kevin Riedler, Samuel Jonsson and Nils Juntorp was drafted but not on the camp roster. Players too keep an eye on.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Stats from camp games 1 & 2:

Game 1
Yellow-Blue 2-6
0-1 Ludwig Persson (Wagner, Robertsson)
0-2 Simon Robertsson
1-2 William Strömgren (Sjöholm, Dower-Nilsson)
1-3 Noah Östlund
1-4 Simon Robertsson (Persson, Wagner)
2-4 William Proos (Moberg)
2-5 Noah Östlund (Engström)
2-6 Oscar Jellvik (Hasa, Engström)

Game 2
Yellow-Blue 2-3 OT
0-1 Gustav Karlsson (Rudslätt, Östlund)
1-1 Valdemar Johansson
1-2 Oskar Asplund (Eljas)
2-2 Liam Dower-Nilsson (Strömgren)
2-3 Simon Forsmark

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Stats from camp games 1 & 2:

Game 1
Yellow-Blue 2-6
0-1 Ludwig Persson (Wagner, Robertsson)
0-2 Simon Robertsson
1-2 William Strömgren (Sjöholm, Dower-Nilsson)
1-3 Noah Östlund
1-4 Simon Robertsson (Persson, Wagner)
2-4 William Proos (Moberg)
2-5 Noah Östlund (Engström)
2-6 Oscar Jellvik (Hasa, Engström)

Game 2
Yellow-Blue 2-3 OT
0-1 Gustav Karlsson (Rudslätt, Östlund)
1-1 Valdemar Johansson
1-2 Oskar Asplund (Eljas)
2-2 Liam Dower-Nilsson (Strömgren)
2-3 Simon Forsmark
Thanks! So Stromgren isn't part of the 2022 squad, but should play next winter?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Leo Carlsson - Isak Rosen - Fabian Lysell

Liam Ohgren - Noah Ostlund - Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Victor Stjernborg - Liam Dower Nilsson - Otto Stenberg

Albert Sjoberg - Filip Bystedt - Simon Robertsson