Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Very happy to have the two of them as our main centre-halves for the foreseeable future. Do wish Spurs would sign a strong 3rd option too however. Someone who can fill in for both on either side when needed. Right now Eric Dier is right behind them in the pecking order.

Other than depth for them, assuming the squad is basically healthy, is there really anything they should do this winter, barring a no-brainer move?

With Bissouma/Sarr/Hojbjerg/Bentancur/Maddison/Skipp....that's a strong and deep MF

With Son/Kulu/Richarlison/Johnson, I suppose if you can add a veteran for depth, that's what you do?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Other than depth for them, assuming the squad is basically healthy, is there really anything they should do this winter, barring a no-brainer move?

With Bissouma/Sarr/Hojbjerg/Bentancur/Maddison/Skipp....that's a strong and deep MF

With Son/Kulu/Richarlison/Johnson, I suppose if you can add a veteran for depth, that's what you do?
Midfield depends. Sarr and Bissouma will be off to AFCON for a couple of games. Hojbjerg might look to leave too?

In attack I think they are fine.

But I don’t think the club should be desperate for signings this January. Limited market makes it difficult to find the right fit.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Maybe they can still sign more players with "son" in their name...seems to be working rather well.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
The Guardian reports that Spurs had an opportunity to sign a player last summer but passed because they believed the players main focus was to leave his current club. My hunch is that it was Raya.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The Guardian reports that Spurs had an opportunity to sign a player last summer but passed because they believed the players main focus was to leave his current club. My hunch is that it was Raya.

I think that's true. The story said Ange talked to the players and one seemed to just want to leave while the other wanted to come to Spurs, did you see Vicario's quote this week about signing with Spurs?

"“This was what I wanted and I didn’t want to listen to anything else. As soon as I knew there was an opportunity to come here I would have signed in blood, I would have walked from Italy."

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think that's true. The story said Ange talked to the players and one seemed to just want to leave while the other wanted to come to Spurs, did you see Vicario's quote this week about signing with Spurs?

"“This was what I wanted and I didn’t want to listen to anything else. As soon as I knew there was an opportunity to come here I would have signed in blood, I would have walked from Italy."
Vicario has been another fantastic signing.

Reactions: luiginb

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I read in the gossip Real Madrid are going to sign Mbappe and Haaland ...
That would be ridiculous and the guy would get 80 goals a season on RM

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I read in the gossip Real Madrid are going to sign Mbappe and Haaland ...
That would be ridiculous and the guy would get 80 goals a season on RM
Winter transfer window thread exists already, no need to bump this. ;)

Reactions: LOGiK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad