HF Habs: 2023 Standings Thread: The Final Act - The Beeline for Bedard (Part 4)

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
And then the last time we were the worst team to make the playoffs and lost before the conference finals, we drafted Kaiden Guhle 16th overall. I like at least part of our scouting team's record with picks in this vicinity.

2019, 15 OA: Caufield
2020, 16 OA: Guhle
2023, 17 OA: ?
Matthew Wood (pipe dream)

Reactions: 26Mats

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Matthew Wood (pipe dream)
My dream is we get one if the top forwards with our first 1st and then trade up a few spot with one of our many 3rd rounders if Sandin-Pellika is still available at 14 or 15 with our second 1st.

Kid is the perfect boom or bust smooth skating, smooth hands, puck moving RHD.

Would look really good with Xhekaj as a partner.

Guhle-?Savard/Matheson?
Xhekaj-ASP
Hutson-Mailloux

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Penguins lose to Chicago and follow that up with an OTL to Columbus. One point against 2 of the worst teams in the league. Just a crazy collapse by them in 2nd half. Gave away a playoff spot.

All kinds of rumors now that Burke & Hextall will be fired soon, and that Pens are going to start an analytics department.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Fun fact: If the Habs draft Bedard, his entry-level contract will have ended and he will need to be re-signed before Gallagher's current contract expires.
:help:

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
NJ just got 52 wins and L. Hughes scored his first. They also have Nemec on the way.........scary. A good example for us to follow. We have our Hischier already.
Seriously, Devil are going to be the next powerhouse. They still have 2 elite d man prospect.

Both Nemec and L.Hughes could be #1 in any team (in 2-4 years). Scary.

Reactions: Gravity

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Michkov wrapped in a pretty little bow please!! Don’t even care what we do in the rest of defat if we get him!
If they're lucky enough to have a chance to pick him at 5th or 6th and don't I'll never be able to forgive them, they'll instantly enter Bergevin territory for me. What a mistake it would be.

Reactions: habsfan891

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
So Pittsburgh lost back to back to the worst team in the NHL with playoff on the line? How on earth do you lose to Chicago and Columbus with playoff spot on the line?:help:

So they ruined our chance of having Florida draft pick being #14 and ruined Columbus chance to finish last with a OTL....

f*** Pittsburgh from Montreal and Columbus.:laugh:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
YESSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME TO MTL ZACH BENSON or WILL SMITH!!!!!
I know that the public ranking lists have those 2 5+6 but I’d wager $ that it isn’t how the draft goes. I think we will take Reinbacher personally. I also think Mitchkov falls closer to 10.

Also I think 4th be place wins lottery. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: le_sean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad