HF Habs: 2023 Schedule & Standings Thread part 3: Race for Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Back at it tonight.

- FLA regulation loss vs. TBL: TBL win moves them 13 pts ahead of FLA in the Top-3 Divisional spots with 4 games in hand.

- VAN win vs. NJD: VAN win moves them 1 pt ahead of MTL and will have 1 game in hand.
- ANA win vs. DAL: ANA win moves them 5 pts behind MTL.
- ARI win vs. MIN: ARI win moves them 4 pts behind MTL. However, MIN win + FLA reg. loss = MIN moves 6 pts ahead of FLA with 4 games in hand.

For these two games, a 3-point game would be ideal:

- NYI vs. PHI: NYI win + FLA reg. loss = NYI moves 3 pts ahead of FLA. PHI win + FLA reg. loss = PHI moves 1 pt behind FLA with 1 game in hand.
- CGY vs. NYR: CGY win + FLA reg. loss = CGY moves 5 pts ahead of FLA with 2 games in hand. NYR win + FLA reg. loss = NYR moves 10 pts ahead of FLA with 3 games in hand.

MTL could drop 1 spot from 26th to 27th if VAN wins. And the chance for some teams behind MTL to get tighter behind them is a possibility.
FLA losing in regulation doesn't drop them, but teams could get tighter behind them and others ahead of them to create separation. However, if FLA wins, they move ahead of NSH. And if NYI loses in regulation, FLA will move up 2 spots.
Ahhhhh…. I missed these

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Whatever happens, I hope that if we don't get Bedard, a team in front of us does, not behind us. Imagine pushing for the 4th or 5th pick and either of the 6th, 7th, or 8th pick gets Bedard?

I'm a firm believer that someone from 3-8 range gets Bedard in this draft. I also believe that there is a waive after the first 3 guys.

Difference in lottery odds from 3rd to 8th is 11.5% vs 6%. Stay in that range and let the balls fall where they fall. If we don't get Bedard, we are also not getting 2nd or 3rd. Focus on finding the BPA

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully Bob starts to fall apart and we're not getting January/December bob

Yeah, he was absolutely HUGE in their recent run. This is good news if you're a Florida fan. Bad news if you want them to tank. Think Isles, Washington & Buffalo will challenge them, but Pens goaltending is awful without Jarry. They need him back.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
So the Hawks are shopping Lafferty too? Granted, I've only seen his stats so i dont know his story, but Mr. Bettman is pretty clueless if he truly believes that teams aren't tanking. The Hawks are truly tearing everything apart.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Whatever happens, I hope that if we don't get Bedard, a team in front of us does, not behind us. Imagine pushing for the 4th or 5th pick and either of the 6th, 7th, or 8th pick gets Bedard?

I'm a firm believer that someone from 3-8 range gets Bedard in this draft. I also believe that there is a waive after the first 3 guys.

Difference in lottery odds from 3rd to 8th is 11.5% vs 6%. Stay in that range and let the balls fall where they fall. If we don't get Bedard, we are also not getting 2nd or 3rd. Focus on finding the BPA

Well, the odds of a team in the 3-8 range to win the first pick total 49.5%, so you're not totally going out on a limb here. That said, its kind of nonsensical to be such a firm believer in the outcome of (essentially) a coin flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad