Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VIII - Chaim Bloom FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Sale trade leak is such a typical red sox smear campaign that I'm shocked at how many of you are just buying it. They have a history of this.
100%. Literally everybody who has exited has faced this treatment. Typical of ownership to try and paint themselves as being justified.

“Tito the drug addict” is the worst, scummiest thing they’ve ever done imo

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
And then later Rori Sasaki!

Roki would be amazing to get. Especially since, unlike the player he's been compared to the most being a prime Daisuke Matsuzaka, the Chiba Marines are protecting him with innings and pitch counts as well as extra days rest so that he isn't driven into the ground like Matsuzaka was. As a quick aside, one thing that seems to get lost in the story of Matsuzaka is that he, like many pitchers in Japan, was tasked with ridiculous inning and pitch counts for his entire career and it probably went all the way back to his high school days.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
100%. Literally everybody who has exited has faced this treatment. Typical of ownership to try and paint themselves as being justified.

“Tito the drug addict” is the worst, scummiest thing they’ve ever done imo

It's not a surprise that the Red Sox always play this game with kicking people out the door in the media. They did it with Mookie, they did it to Francona, they did it to Lester, they did it to Theo, so I'm not surprised they did it with Bloom as well. Henry and Werner always do it to look good, not realizing it royally backfires every time they do it. That said...if the reports from Passan and others are to be believed, Chris Sale wasn't the only other player they stalled on in trade talks during the Bloom tenure.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Yup. Four year span of dog shit baseball. Last place two years in a row.

Definitely a conspiracy coo
Huh? Completely different argument. I've never said he's done a good job. I'm just saying the Sale story in its current form makes no sense and only serves to smear him on the way out. So transparent.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
FWIW Carrabis said his info on the Sale leak came from the team who was supposed to be getting him and not from anyone in the Red Sox.

Take that for what it's worth. Jared could be carrying ownerships water to keep access to the team for his media career, but I think he does have legit sources.

And then later Rori Sasaki!
When Cora goes upstairs they should get Tsuyoshi Shinjo to manage the team

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Roki would be amazing to get. Especially since, unlike the player he's been compared to the most being a prime Daisuke Matsuzaka, the Chiba Marines are protecting him with innings and pitch counts as well as extra days rest so that he isn't driven into the ground like Matsuzaka was. As a quick aside, one thing that seems to get lost in the story of Matsuzaka is that he, like many pitchers in Japan, was tasked with ridiculous inning and pitch counts for his entire career and it probably went all the way back to his high school days.
I live out here in Japan and Japanese baseball players are a different breed. The school behind my house has a field and on Saturdays and Sundays the kids are out there basically from 6 in the morning until 7 at night.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I understand why it’s believed that the Sale trade leak came from the Sox, but according to those who are reporting it, they have no role in it. Carrabis and Bradford both reported on it before Bloom was fired. Carrabis reported it recorded it on his podcast a week or so ago, but had his producer cover his voice with music. This was done so he could play it at a later date without the music. Carrabis says it came from the team that was going to acquire Sale. Bradford reported later that it was a source from another MLB team.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Even if it’s true it’s impossible to criticize it without knowing what the return was- perhaps the other team was sending back a couple awful contracts of their own.

it was nice of the org to do a soft test run of the bloom decision by leaking to Carrabis about a week early

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I personally find it very difficult to believe there was a team out there willing to trade for Sale. But it could have been a salary dump coming our way as part of that trade. I don't think these emerging details would be coming from ownership.

But could they be coming from Alex Cora? He was probably more in the loop than John Henry on Chaim's day to day trade calls. This stuff very well could be coming from neutral executives in the game too. The overall point is something people already knew. Chaim was way too indecisive for the job.

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
I said it a few pages back and I will say it again...time to move on from Cora. If they move him to a front office job than I say he has pictures of the ownership group in compromising positions. He's not an experienced front office guy which is what they really need. This is not the time for on the job training and if they go that route (to give Cora a front office position) then they've done nothing to improve the organization. The ownership group is not going anywhere so can we at least get some experienced front office talent and let them run the show without the handcuffs that we've seen with these owners in the past.

Clean the table, let the new GM and/or Head of Baseball Ops pick their guy that buys into their strategy and plan for the team. New GM, new Head of Baseball Ops, and new manager puts the onus on them collectively so there is no finger pointing or any of the blame game. Tie them together and let's move this organization forward with a completely new leadership team. They succeed or fail together.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Even if it’s true it’s impossible to criticize it without knowing what the return was- perhaps the other team was sending back a couple awful contracts of their own.

it was nice of the org to do a soft test run of the bloom decision by leaking to Carrabis about a week early
I don't think they needed a test run. The majority of fans had seen enough.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If there was a Romero/Cora partnership in the front office I could live with that. I don't need another cookie cutter dork running the show. It might end up failing but I would be ok giving it a shot. People love Romero and Romero is tight with Cora. It could work. Plus then I wouldn't have to hear about how the field manager quit on the team.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

Sale also has 10-5 rights. A trade was not inevitable. Carrabis hinted that the team is known for doing this sort deal in the past. My guess is it’s the Dodgers.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I said it a few pages back and I will say it again...time to move on from Cora. If they move him to a front office job than I say he has pictures of the ownership group in compromising positions. He's not an experienced front office guy which is what they really need. This is not the time for on the job training and if they go that route (to give Cora a front office position) then they've done nothing to improve the organization. The ownership group is not going anywhere so can we at least get some experienced front office talent and let them run the show without the handcuffs that we've seen with these owners in the past.

Clean the table, let the new GM and/or Head of Baseball Ops pick their guy that buys into their strategy and plan for the team. New GM, new Head of Baseball Ops, and new manager puts the onus on them collectively so there is no finger pointing or any of the blame game. Tie them together and let's move this organization forward with a completely new leadership team. They succeed or fail together.
Like it or not, Cora is going nowhere. Kennedy has publicly stated as such. Cora very well might be the most powerful person within the organization, save ownership. It’s fairly obvious he has their ear. How often do teams keep managers through two different baseball ops leaders, and told the world he will be back after the second was fired?

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
Like it or not, Cora is going nowhere. Kennedy has publicly stated as such. Cora very well might be the most powerful person within the organization, save ownership. It’s fairly obvious he has their ear. How often do teams keep managers through two different baseball ops leaders, and told the world he will be back after the second was fired?
Then it's time to send in Chris Hansen to find the pictures.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad