Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So you disagree that the 21 Sox overachieved? Not many had them even making the playoffs prior to that season.
Turned out the GM did a good job evaluating players and filling out the roster that year with guys who had career years (and a key deadline acquisition everybody blasted him for) and the coach didn’t f*** things up on the field while being his usual good manager of personalities! It was a fun team

Wish I could say the same about tonight! Because tonight he puked all over himself while losing a lot of respect from the fans and almost certainly from the players. And I think his in-game management has been suspect for 2 years now. Things that worked before blow up in his face now, it seems like the carriage turned into a pumpkin.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I suppose people will try to spin it that this game killed the Red Sox season which is very convenient that it lines up with the manager having a bad night. When in reality, it was never happening for this team because they just aren't good enough and have too many flaws.

You want a managerial change, fine by me. I am not married to Alex Cora. Varitek ready for a shot? I'm in on that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
At least Yoshida might be getting hot again

Walked more tonight than he did all month in addition to the hits

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
When a football team plays undisciplined and dumb football the coach is the one who gets the blame

There should not be any controversy about assigning blame to Cora this year, at least some of it. He doesn’t deserve all of it- far from it- but I’ll be damned if he isn’t at least partially responsible for this. He hasn’t really pissed me off as much the last few months with his bullpen management but tonight almost killed me.

Bloom deserves blame for putting together such a poor defensive team- the roster construction is flawed as I’ve agreed on in regards to having too many DH’s…Yoshida/Turner/Devers all on the same team is an issue- but Cora/the coaching staff deserve blame for them playing such consistently dumb baseball devoid of fundamentals. The Phillies roster last year had some pretty brutal defense in their lineup but they were able to do well because they didn’t play like a bunch of idiots

Tonight the manager was the biggest offender of being an idiot, unfortunately. Indefensible.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don’t tell me he just said they were resetting the bullpen. Please tell me he didn’t just say that?

NESN booth comparing it to Wakefield in game 3 in 2004. NO!!!! WAKEFIELD WASNT IN INDY BALL AND THAT TEAM WASNT FIGHTING FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT THEY WERE ALREADY IN. I also highly doubt the Sox were leading at the time too! Llovera was the only guy who threw yesterday! WTF!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
In summary, both guys can be blamed. A subpar roster and whatever that was from Cora tonight. For as dumb as tonight was it really wasn't any bigger than the overall roster construction that led to a team being 4.5 out of playoffs though.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You wanna fire his ass though? Go ahead. I would be intrigued by Varitek getting a trial run.

i give about half a sh!t about baseball, but this is the most entertaining thread on the board.
Maybe that's why it hasn't been locked down for good yet :laugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Me watching Cora leave Barraclough in with a lead after walking the 7 and 8 hitter with Altuve coming up

I’m relieved I don’t have to go to work tomorrow because the Red Sox manager gave me an aneurysm. What has this world come to!??

And thus concludes my musings until tomorrow night

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Alex Cora made a statement tonight by letting that kid hang out to dry. He didn't even have the pitching coach visit him. He let him ROT. OB was shocked on the broadcast. The guys on the field and the pen when the camera panned looked bewildered. Alex trying to make excuses is a joke. To me? His non chalant look on the steps says it all.

He absolutely f***ed this game. f***ed it. That was an embarrassment.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad