Patriots/NFL 2023 Regular Season Part 3: Playing Out the String or How I Learned to Stop Caring and Embrace the Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You didn't. I wrote two responses. One to you, which was about Mayo and the ironic comment response was to @McGarnagle for calling out people speculating in one post, then immediately speculating in his next. It just lumped them together because they were one after the other. :laugh:
I wasn’t speculating though - Brier was reporting it’s over

I am not following you here but I’ll go along with whatever you want - just let me know what you want me to post

Reactions: binder19

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I am not following you here but I’ll go along with whatever you want - just let me know what you want me to post
Yes, you clearly are not following Dan because the speculation I was talking about wasn't yours. It was another poster. JFC.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It's already starting with this contrived run Bill out of town with Kraft leaving Bill to stir in the wind. Will be like a red sox spin off show
Moving of from a coach that hasn’t brought results in half a decade is running him out of town?

Don’t you think Kraft would rather keep Bill so he can get Shula’s record here and they can continue the same brand? Bill is a shield for their lack of spending and Kraft will have moving on from Brady and Bill on his resume.

But it's been such a disaster that it leaves them with no other choice.

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Moving of from a coach that hasn’t brought results in half a decade is running him out of town?

Don’t you think Kraft would rather keep Bill so he can get Shula’s record here and they can continue the same brand? Bill is a shield for their lack of spending and Kraft will have moving on from Brady and Bill on his resume.

But it's been such a disaster that it leaves them with no other choice.
Kraft is 82 not sure 4 or 5 wins is what gets you to do nothing

To me - bye Bill hello Mayo

I’m going to be very happy

Yes, you clearly are not following Dan because the speculation I was talking about wasn't yours. It was another poster. JFC.
Ok gotta yeh - I thought you were giving me crap but the other poster was the one

Makes sense now thanks for clarifying

Reactions: LSCII

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
MaC JoNeS wIlL nEVeR bE a Qb, BaCkUp oR OtHeRwIsE.

Meanwhile, Mason Rudolph is playing in a big game right now.

He'll find a spot somewhere folks

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Some people can't tell the difference between asking questions to follow a line of conversation started by respectable posters vs. reporting high school drama as fact based on nothing.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Ok gotta yeh - I thought you were giving me crap but the other poster was the one

I’m kinda indifferent on Mayo, I think it will be better depending on who they can get in here to pick players but I’d prefer an offensive minded head coach. Also not sure how I feel about replacing Bill with someone from his typically mediocre coaching tree.

Reactions: Bocephus86

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I mean don’t get me wrong, I love giving you crap too. I just wasn’t in this situation. I was laughing at a post calling people silly for their speculation only to see him speculate on something even far more fantastical that it was laugh out loud funny.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Once Bill gets a QB with a high ceiling he can immediately right the ship. I don't see any coach with the ability to win with Mac Jones with that arm and poor decision making.
He had the highest end QB, and tried running him out of town 2 seasons (1 Super Bowl) before he ran him out of town. In fact he was so eager to get rid of that high end QB that he had Gronk traded to the Lions.

Bill years ago thought he could win with Garrapolo. Then Stidham. Bill thinks very highly of himself. I appreciate his legacy here, but he hit his expiration date 4 seasons ago.

Last edited:

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Difference between getting the ball back with 80 seconds left and 1 when the Colts coach wasted that timeout because he tried to draw the Texans offside with the clock running. Steichen has done a good job coaching a team without their first round rookie qb for most of the season but that was rough.

DeMeco Ryans also hopefully slows down every new head coach having to be some young offensive mind.

Reactions: The National

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
DeMeco Ryans also hopefully slows down every new head coach having to be some young offensive mind.
Well, not every first time coach is handed CJ Stroud. So I could be talked into Jerod Mayo and stud QB prospect with a good OC. Or Mike Vrabel.

Reactions: Zilo44

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
The draft dynamics will be interesting if they bring Harbaugh in and he builds a staff around him. No idea on the GM but do wonder if that wouldn't entice them to trade down to say 9 ATL (if they win today and pick 5), pick up another 2nd and 3rd, and then grab Odunze, Fautana (trade up) McCarthy, and say Zinter in the first 3 rounds. I'm no scout or hardcore football fan but if McCarthy is as good as Harbaugh thinks he is, maybe they could sway the front office to pick him and move around in the draft. These 5th year QB's make me anxious as it gives vibes like the overagers in the QMJHL. If they are picking 3 I see no way they go with Jayden if Bill is still around. Just never been his style of offense and he was super fast to give up on Cunningham and the set run option plays - just not Bill's "type" of football IMO.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Well, not every first time coach is handed CJ Stroud. So I could be talked into Jerod Mayo and stud QB prospect with a good OC. Or Mike Vrabel.
Also if Stroud continues to play well under the OC the OC is gonna get HC opportunities and Ryans is gonna have to continue to find new OCs each time. I believe he took his current OC with him from San Fran, so that helps but idk, if he was an offensive mind he could be the one calling the plays or would ideally be better at finding and grooming new OCs.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Watching ESPN, both Mike Reiss and Adam Schefter report that sources believe that while no final decision has been made, it's more likely than not that Belichick and the Patriots will part ways early this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad