Patriots/NFL 2023 Regular Season Part 2: Patriots officially eliminated from playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Surely tomorrows game at Foxboro will be at least 50% Bills fans correct?

Worst thing we can do is win at this point. I bet BB asks to be fired before he passes Reeves and Fisher for the all time loss record.

I think Harbaugh is the perfect guy to give the keys with the #1 overall pick. The franchise is branded around being the villains. Just too perfect. Hes getting suspended for half the season next year the very minimum. The last time we had a nice guy coach it was a disaster and Carroll could be headed for Canton as well as Belichick.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ya, the NCAA is all over Jim Harbaugh. I wonder if he's had enough. The Bears would seem to make sense for him too.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Surely tomorrows game at Foxboro will be at least 50% Bills fans correct?

Worst thing we can do is win at this point. I bet BB asks to be fired before he passes Reeves and Fisher for the all time loss record.

I think Harbaugh is the perfect guy to give the keys with the #1 overall pick. The franchise is branded around being the villains. Just too perfect. Hes getting suspended for half the season next year the very minimum. The last time we had a nice guy coach it was a disaster and Carroll could be headed for Canton as well as Belichick.
Harbaugh was my 2nd favorite player as a kid after Bledsoe.

The 95 Colts were a fun team.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We're gonna win tomorrow and it's gonna be mindblowing.

Watch.

It's gonna happen.

It just feels like *that* type of game.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Tank talk on 98.5 and the narrative is that they’re not making the playoffs anyway, so Sunday’s win against Buffalo hurts more than it helps in terms of draft position.

As bad as it looked against Dallas and New Orleans, I don’t think it was ever realistic to expect one or two wins. They’re bound to win some games as the schedule softens against teams like the Colts, Giants, Commanders, and Broncos.

There are a lot of flawed teams, and if they somehow beat Miami, the “path talk” is back on. Miami is favored by 9.5 coming off a loss.

If they lose and you’re looking at 2-6, that’s a deep hole to climb out of.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Tank talk on 98.5 and the narrative is that they’re not making the playoffs anyway, so Sunday’s win against Buffalo hurts more than it helps in terms of draft position.
Aside from the Zolak & Bertrand show, I f***ing hate that station.
As bad as it looked against Dallas and New Orleans, I don’t think it was ever realistic to expect one or two wins. They’re bound to win some games as the schedule softens against teams like the Colts, Giants, Commanders, and Broncos.
There are definitely some bad teams on the Patriots’ schedule. They could win them all, lose them all, or who knows…
There are a lot of flawed teams, and if they somehow beat Miami, the “path talk” is back on. Miami is favored by 9.5 coming off a loss.

If they lose and you’re looking at 2-6, that’s a deep hole to climb out of.
I’m certainly not expecting a playoff appearance from this team. And even if they get there - then what?

The entire front office needs to be reshuffled and retooled. My only question is does Kraft have the huevos to do what needs to be done and take player-personnel duties away from Belichick? That will be more important than anything that happens on the field this season.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Am I the only one left from the Bruins Board in the Survivor Pool?

If so, I'll start posting my picks for your feedback/recommendations.

Still clean through 7 weeks, although I lucked out on that Browns pick this week....

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Chase Winovich lives on planet zippy but is a fun interview. Not surprising at all he's pulling the plug on football.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If they had a dedicated gm who knew what he was doing, they'd probably make some moves. Bill is too busy coaching. He'll make a call or 2 after practice to see if any DBs are available.

It's embarrassing. f***ing embarrassing. If they picked up Young and pair him with Judon next year? That would of been a Starr of a good defensive foundation.

Instead? Crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia