Patriots/NFL 2023 Regular Season - 1-4: Week 6 @ Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cover 2 used to work against mobile qb's in madden a few years ago, maybe it was a real thing. :laugh:
I think they get hammered because I don’t see them able to stop the Eagles DL causing for quick 3 and outs

One strategy is actually get Hurts to get outside the box because he wasn’t that accurate throwing on the run

I would do 5 man front so you take away him running and Eagles running backs

Also Uche, Judon, Wise and White are high end so I doubt Hurts in pocket has all that much time

I’m coach (and I should be)

I contain Husts with 5 man front while attacking him - and providing confusion in secondary

They can drop guys in the 5 man front into coverage and bring a S like Dugger, Phillips, peppers etc

My concern is their front - It’s really good

Brady would use slot and Faulk or White but that was Brady and these combos played together for a decade

Why I don’t understand why Myers gone - he had chemistry with Mac

Reactions: rfournier103

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think they get hammered because I don’t see them able to stop the Eagles DL causing for quick 3 and outs

One strategy is actually get Hurts to get outside the box because he wasn’t that accurate throwing on the run

I would do 5 man front so you take away him running and Eagles running backs

Also Uche, Judon, Wise and White are high end so I doubt Hurts in pocket has all that much time

I’m coach (and I should be)

I contain Husts with 5 man front while attacking him - and providing confusion in secondary

They can drop guys in the 5 man front into coverage and bring a S like Dugger, Phillips, peppers etc

My concern is their front - It’s really good

Brady would use slot and Faulk or White but that was Brady and these combos played together for a decade

Why I don’t understand why Myers gone - he had chemistry with Mac

I think the LA blunder sealed Myers' fate with the team. One of the biggest brain fart moments in sports I've seen and pretty much killed any hope for a playoff spot. Pats were in a lot of close games last year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think the LA blunder sealed Myers' fate with the team. One of the biggest brain fart moments in sports I've seen and pretty much killed any hope for a playoff spot. Pats were in a lot of close games last year.
That’s why you need an OC to keep guys focused and paying attention to detail

Belichick hiring Patricia led to a chaotic events

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

But the upside!

So he’s AWOL?

1694293358410.jpeg

Reactions: Johnnyduke

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Belichick not happy they closed the emergency Qb loophole this week so they found a different loophole, playing Chinese checkers let’s goooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: McGarnagle

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
A bit worried about him, apparently he has a bit of history with depression.

On the college side, Texas/Bama is a great game, just like last year.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
  • Wow
Reactions: Gee Wally

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It's a lot more serious than what's initially reported. Corral has a publicly known history with depression going back to his days with Ole Miss and he hasn't been seen in two days according to reports from Jeff Howe. No meetings, no workouts, no walkthroughs, no practices.

I truly, truly, hope he is okay. I'm praying he reaches out to family or friends. Depression is no joke. It's real. And its awful. I don't wish it on anyone. Hopefully he'll be okay.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If I had to line up behind that offensive line, I'd go AWOL too
Corral couldn't handle having to compete against Mid Jones cc @EverettMike

Of course I ran into two Philly fans at Dunkin this morning at 8 AM. Of course they're ready to go. I'd imagine a large amount of Eagles fans there today. Told them to go easy on the Pats.

Last edited:

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
Whats up with all the jokes about Corral?

My first instinct on hearing that is oh I hope he's ok and nothing crazy happened, not oh I gotta get onto my favorite hockey messageboard and get some zingers in.

If he did just bail, then he threw away a good opportunity. If something happened, hope it works out for him.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I can get people making light of this because of how disconcerting it is to an extent. I'll admit to laughing at some of them. That being said, I'm also in disbelief at how some people are taking this entire thing lightly. A man with a publicly known history of depression has gone missing for two f***ing days and yet everyone is still making jokes about him bailing because of the Patriots' anemic O-Line? This is starting to get real and I truly hope it's not as serious as I fear it could be.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Sports Illustrated's Mike Fisher and Fox Sports' Henry McKenna report that the Patriots are deeply concerned over the absence spell of QB Matt Corral. Team reports coming out of Foxboro say team personnel were "concerned over mental health" of their newly acquired quarterback. A source inside Gillette that's close to McKenna states that Corral had flaked out of practices during the week and the top brass have been concerned over the mental state of Corral ever since. Corral allegedly left practice almost immediately after arriving at the team practice facility sometime during the preparations for Week 1.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Doug Kyed and Greg Bedard gave more information to NESN on Corral's disappearance as Bedard confirms the report from Henry McKenna that the newly acquired QB has went AWOL with Doug Kyed saying that the incident happened late into the week during Thursday's practice session, as the Patriots were making preparations to face the Philadelphia Eagles. That said, according to Bedard's sources, the team is now in contact with Corral and know where he is with no formal plans on a potential roster move for the former starter at Ole Miss.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I can get people making light of this because of how disconcerting it is to an extent. I'll admit to laughing at some of them. That being said, I'm also in disbelief at how some people are taking this entire thing lightly. A man with a publicly known history of depression has gone missing for two f***ing days and yet everyone is still making jokes about him bailing because of the Patriots' anemic O-Line? This is starting to get real and I truly hope it's not as serious as I fear it could be.
Pretty interesting that a team source said he "flaked out". I expect that choice of words from fans, but damn.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Pretty interesting that a team source said he "flaked out". I expect that choice of words from fans, but damn.

Speaking as someone who has close friends that have told me their experiences with it, that's kind of a normal behavior with depression. Depression causes someone to become more socially withdrawn and you don't engage like you would do normally.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I feel like if this were Brian Hoyer or someone who's been connected to the team for a long time who suddenly went dark on them, they'd be using different language. Corral's been here two weeks, and went AWOL on them, not to be dismissive of mental health or whatever but they don't have the emotional connection to him, for all they know it's just a new guy who's a flake and quit after a week.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Whats up with all the jokes about Corral?

My first instinct on hearing that is oh I hope he's ok and nothing crazy happened, not oh I gotta get onto my favorite hockey messageboard and get some zingers in.

If he did just bail, then he threw away a good opportunity. If something happened, hope it works out for him.
It's a message board. A few jokes about the QB situation isn't the end of the world. Probably more about the situation than Corral himself. Nobody is wishing harm on him.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
It's a message board. A few jokes about the QB situation isn't the end of the world. Probably more about the situation than Corral himself. Nobody is wishing harm on him.

I know, i literally said its a message board in my post.

Just think it's a f***ing lame time to bust out the jokes when someone with his past up and disappears.

If he flaked, that's on him and don't let the door hit you on the way out but I guess i just think it sucks when that's people's first instinct and then their defense is essentially "its the internet "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany