News: 2023 Prospect Signings Thread

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So you have watched him? How's his first pass? Do you think he will be an NHL player? Anyone you would compare him to?
I’ve watched a few games. So there will be much better opinions on him from more educated people.
In the games his first pass was solid. As a player comp a mix of Gudas and a much better Nathan bealieu.
Do think he will have a home in a bottom pair dman with physicality and can kill penalties.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I’ve watched a few games. So there will be much better opinions on him from more educated people.
In the games his first pass was solid. As a player comp a mix of Gudas and a much better Nathan bealieu.
Do think he will have a home in a bottom pair dman with physicality and can kill penalties.
Thats kinda what I expected. The hype train has gotten a little wild due to Dorions ridiculous comments.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Probably won’t take long for him to get some nhl games.
According to Dorion, there was no promise made for NHL games this year (and at no point did Kleven ask for a promise). Essentially said that they are taking things a game at a time so long as the playoffs are still a possibility. Also said he expects Kleven to compete for a job next fall.

Thats kinda what I expected. The hype train has gotten a little wild due to Dorions ridiculous comments.
What did Dorion say? Not sure I saw his comments but I felt like I went from being high on Kleven compared to most to comparatively low on him over the span of like 2 months.

From day 1, he's looked like a guy who can be a unique, highly physical & imposing 4/5DMan with mediocre offensive totals (high teens to high 20s) but a relatively high goal:assist ratio. Can read the game relatively well so long as its not too fast, but can get beaten, bobble pucks, take bad penalties, and just make dumb mistakes more than you'd like (as is the case with most non-elite players of his style). At his best, can play 20mins ES + PK and help dictate the tone of the game. At his worst, we will probably curse the coach who keeps sending him out there.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
According to Dorion, there was no promise made for NHL games this year (and at no point did Kleven ask for a promise). Essentially said that they are taking things a game at a time so long as the playoffs are still a possibility. Also said he expects Kleven to compete for a job next fall.

What did Dorion say? Not sure I saw his comments but I felt like I went from being high on Kleven compared to most to comparatively low on him over the span of like 2 months.

From day 1, he's looked like a guy who can be a unique, highly physical & imposing 4/5DMan with mediocre offensive totals (high teens to high 20s) but a relatively high goal:assist ratio. Can read the game relatively well so long as its not too fast, but can get beaten, bobble pucks, take bad penalties, and just make dumb mistakes more than you'd like (as is the case with most non-elite players of his style). At his best, can play 20mins ES + PK and help dictate the tone of the game. At his worst, we will probably curse the coach who keeps sending him out there.
I feel like his puck skills are probably not very close to NHL level. I hope they take their time with him and let him continue to develop get used to the pro game and the speed. If they do it right he could be a valuable player considering his unique skillset.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Understood about this year. Just going by I think he’s close to nhl ready as is.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I feel like his puck skills are probably not very close to NHL level. I hope they take their time with him and let him continue to develop get used to the pro game and the speed. If they do it right he could be a valuable player considering his unique skillset.
I think he can probably do enough at the NHL level that it is worth it to give him some tastes of the top level, but I'd be very surprised if he makes the team as a full-time NHLer before Fall of '24.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
of NYR's drafted Junior prospects, only BMB's team will miss League playoffs
so only one whose season ends this weekend

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
DDA8BC39-A920-42B1-806E-8168D632E295.png

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

NHL Notebook: Bruins expected to be in the mix for a top NCAA free agent​

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Great hockey player. I think he needed another year at WMU and I’m sad to see him go but he posses all the skill sets to be dynamic player at the next level. Very proud of Max and I know he will do well.
I don't know much about him tbh, who does he play a similar style to?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
of NYR's drafted Junior prospects, only BMB's team will miss League playoffs
so only one whose season ends this weekend

signed ATO w NYR AHL affiliate for balance of AHL season
1680101267012.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad