Patriots/NFL 2023 Pre-Season - DA drops gun charges against Patriots CB Jack Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
LOL

Lose what exactly? Do we think poor person/random nobody gets this same treatment? I'm not losing anything but come on dude. Guy was a dumbass in this case and got very, very lucky.

While I think Jones got very luck here, action from the league would seem like a stretch here. This ended up being a victimless "crime" with no ill intent it would seem.
Go read the press release from the DA. They had no case and admitted it. He didn't get lucky. As his lawyer pointed out immediately after the arrest. He was immediately labeled a thug due to his race and was nearly cut because of it and judged before all the facts

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Go read the press release from the DA. They had no case and admitted it. He didn't get lucky. As his lawyer pointed out immediately after the arrest. He was immediately labeled a thug due to his race and was nearly cut because of it.
Dude, take that up with someone who said something like that. Go fight somebody on Twitter about it. Jack Jones was a dumbass here. That doesn't make him a bad person based on this incident. Not having a case you can prove because of reasonable doubt about what actually happened etc is pure legal BS. So if that makes you happy, got nuts. But don't tell me he wasn't a dumbass here.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Go read the press release from the DA. They had no case and admitted it. He didn't get lucky. As his lawyer pointed out immediately after the arrest. He was immediately labeled a thug due to his race and was nearly cut because of it and judged before all the facts

They’re clearly a big piece of evidence missing from the public. I assume it’s something along the lines of it being his body guards guns just in the wrong bag or some similar situation.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If they didn't have a case why did he agree to 48 hours of community service and 1 year of pre-trial probation? He got damn lucky with hiring a damn good lawyer who the city happens to be absolutely scared shitless of (and rightfully so) as well as being a pro athlete.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If they didn't have a case why did he agree to 48 hours of community service and 1 year of pre-trial probation? He got damn lucky with hiring a damn good lawyer who the city happens to be absolutely scared shitless of (and rightfully so) as well as being a pro athlete.
Because that was the only charge out of 8 that stuck (which I don't even think the charge was gun related) and had any evidence to even attempt to go to trial on and no one was going to waste their time going to trial over a week of community service.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The only people who labeled him a thug was trolling Twitter users.

Regardless intentionally or not he committed a crime.

Then the DA got a phone call and here we are.

Political favors in Mass? No. That would never happen here :rolleyes:

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Jack Jones is a dumbass but him serving any time for what he did would have been crazy. Even if they did go easy on him, probation and community service is a reasonable punishment.

Now lets focus on this 7 or 8 win football team

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Thoughts and prayers for Dangle

The DA is already in hot water after the feds charged a former MBTA cop of a plethora of crimes last week. The DA mysteriously dropped the charges just before the election last year And the MBTA Police were actually pissed. The Globe found out the cop’s lawyer gave the DA a hefty donation.

He’ll catch flak and frankly, he should.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Jack Jones is a dumbass but him serving any time for what he did would have been crazy. Even if they did go easy on him, probation and community service is a reasonable punishment.

But even if he had no ill intent it certainly sends a bad message. If someone does have evil intentions they can make sure their excuse is lined up before trying to bring loaded guns on to a plane.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Now say that to a regular citizen who did what he did, they're serving time period. He got lucky because if he wasn't who he was, he'd be going to jail. They went extremely easy on him. They wouldn't of done that if it was you or me, that's for sure.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Always remember...

...if you got money, you can get away with anything.

Rosemary is the best criminal defense attorney in Suffolk County

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I wasn't rooting for him to go to jail nor do I think this alone even makes someone a bad guy. The only thing I take issue with is if you somehow think he didn't get lucky here. He is very, very fortunate.

It's not exactly the same but to me this is similar to Plaxico Burress who brought a loaded gun into a nightclub. There's no indication he did so with any ill intent but the fact of the matter is it was extremely dumb. The gun ended up going off and he suffered a self-inflicted wound. NYC went after him hard and he reached a plea deal of 2 years in prison. He served 20 months.

Of course the difference here is Burress didn't try some absurd defense that he didn't know the gun was on him at the time. To me if someone is careless enough to not realize they are bringing a loaded gun on to a plane that is a very big problem. Ignorance is no defense. Or at least it shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad