Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If we do wrestling avatars

CW6KdJUWQAEDBd0.jpg

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Something around empty cupboards? Like sending a draft pick to another team and then acquiring that player?

"Sending 1sts... Have a Hagel"

Idk. Thats the extent of my creativity for the year.

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Because we keep refusing to do the wrestling avatars it could develop a theme of "We could do better" (because it's been believed there was always a better theme to go with) that's ironic like the Drake meme whether it's getting swept by CBJ or giving up like 20 assets for Jeannot because less has sometimes really been more for us

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
My kucherov avatar after he makes a blind, backhand pass through three defenders to Alex killorn who promptly whiffs and falls over for the 5th time in one PP:

1680444148938.gif

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The topical idea right now would be AI. Like having cursed Dall-E avatars with way too many fingers, or using Midjourney AI (how the viral 'pope in a puffer jacket' picture was made).

The idea everyone seemed to have last year that if you don't threepeat, you aren't a dynasty seems like it could have potential.

It's also the team's 30th anniversary, so a throwback or reverse retro theme could be in order.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Have the last three games gotten people's hopes up enough or is the consensus still that we're the worst team in the history of this sport? If so, just photoshop every player's face into a garbage bag and call it a day.

Reactions: Summer Rose

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The topical idea right now would be AI. Like having cursed Dall-E avatars with way too many fingers, or using Midjourney AI (how the viral 'pope in a puffer jacket' picture was made).

The idea everyone seemed to have last year that if you don't threepeat, you aren't a dynasty seems like it could have potential.

It's also the team's 30th anniversary, so a throwback or reverse retro theme could be in order.

Wrestling avatars using any player from the last 30 years.

You look me dead in the eyes and tell me Lukas Kraijcek ain't Bushwhacker Luke, that no goaltender ever in our history is unworthy to be Mankind with their masks, that Thunderbug is not undead

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I just want a picture of Kucherov telling everyone to Acknowledge Him.

The only push Roman deserves is to be pushed off the edge of flat earth by a giant cat with bad breath. 25 title defenses in nearly 1000 days is the weakest sauce I've ever seen. He and Brock so infrequently defending is what killed what fandom I had resurrected summer 2017 when they reintroduced the brand split and absolutely slapped with their storylines.

Acknowledging Roman embraces mediocrity. I don't want to see him on any of our work

Reactions: Major4Boarding

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I'd love to do an "ah shit here we go again" thing given we're playing Toronto, but that theme wouldn't work after the first round (not unless things were to work out where we could play Florida, NYR, and Colorado again, all in that order).

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd love to do an "ah shit here we go again" thing given we're playing Toronto, but that theme wouldn't work after the first round (not unless things were to work out where we could play Florida, NYR, and Colorado again, all in that order).

JBB traded way more than he needed to again. Same division as the President's trophy winner again. Lost a bunch of players to the salary cap again. Gonna lose more again. Ridiculously stupid playoff format still exists. People still crying about COVID cups again. Can't decide on an avatar theme again.

It works. And it's funny as hell. We just gotta be slightly creative.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Actually that just gave me an idea - We call it Top (insert number here) anime betrayals because people use it ironically for literally everything. Even when it has absolutely nothing to do with anime. Like the fact we even exist is offensive and a bunch of people act like it's a betrayal to hockey that Tampa could ever have a team

Hear me out

You start with a pic from an actual anime betrayal.

Next pic we can highlight 30 years of history that's both celebratory and not so much because we had SO MANY highs and lows. Like we were borderline dysfunctional until Vinik bought us.

"Tampa gets a team in Canadian sport" "Swept after 62 wins" "OK hockey trades Dan Boyle" "3 Cups since 1992. Canada 1" "It was in" "Khabibulin acquired for nothing LOL!" "Lecavalier will be Michael Jordan of hockey" just stuff like that.

I understand anime is a niche but I don't think we've ever done it before. Or we can celebrate 30 years anyway.

Python's AI theme might work on a Chat GPT level but I'm not sure how to navigate that one

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad