Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Amazing that there will be a new GM (or whatever they’re calling it these days, President of Baseball Operations) and new pitching and positional coaches, yet Cora will seemingly be brought back.
I think he's w/ the org now until HE decides he doesn't want to be. Feels like whenever he decides he's ready for a FO role he'll get one here and work his way up to whatever he wants out of that side of the sport

Reactions: smithformeragent

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Amazing that there will be a new GM (or whatever they’re calling it these days, President of Baseball Operations) and new pitching and positional coaches, yet Cora will seemingly be brought back.
Clearly the problem is everybody but him, now the exalted one can lead us to the promise land with all those anchors cut!

• Haha

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I truly don't think the manager means a whole lot these days, not over 162 anyway. I'm not gonna kill Cora for the last two years. The team stunk. With that said the bullseye will now be on him going forward. Or at least it should be.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Fried is laboring. The Phillies are sitting on his fastball knowing he's got the blister, they're daring him to throw curveball. So he either has to throw breaking stuff and aggravate his blister, which will knock him out earlier, or keep throwing fastballs and get smacked around.

Wheeler by contrast is looking like a monster through one.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Wheeler downright dominant

Phillies might be the braves daddy

This is reminiscent of those 90s braves teams that didn’t win as many WS as they should have
Phils are built for a short series. With an offense that can pop any pitch out of the park and two top pitchers, they're tough to beat in a best of 5.

Braves look like the 2023 Bruins. Fried's blister is Bergeron's undisclosed Montreal injury.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wow!
Ending to the Braves game was Amazing.

Harper messed up.
Stop on second.

If it’s caught…he gets back.

If it’s missed, 95% chance he scores.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I did think the Dbacks would win this series, but didnt see them going up 2-0 in Dodger Stadium

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The being good to great every year but never winning outside a COVID title has to be infuriating

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Battle of Texas would be fun

But the thought of the 84-78 Diamondbacks being in the NLCS is blah. Would rather just see the Phillies and Braves go at it for 7 games. Typical Dodgers.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Something that can’t be stressed enough…..

Just find a way to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Mione134

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Big fan of Nate. He might make me root for Texas to win it all. Can't believe Bloom let him walk and signed Kluber instead.

Reactions: Mione134

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
ALCS trip for the Rangers. My little brother’s playoff share just went up significantly…..

That’s a very streaky team, that happens to be on a heater right now.

Reactions: Grumpy Grizz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad