Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Nice of the Red Sox to help him get a pay raise/extension! Are we still expecting an outside hire? Or have things shifted towards an internal collaborative effort with Eddie Romero etc?
The Tampa way is garbage - people act like they won multiple WS
And we hired an assistant from Tampa. An assistant who showed no signs of coming close to replicating the regular season consistency of Tampa. Eek. Hope Chaim catches on somewhere! Maybe Tampa will take him back and give him an office in the basement of the Trop.

Reactions: DKH

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Though Tito probably could express a preference to go in with a blank cap which they probably would honor. Even if he was in Cleveland longer, he's thoroughly associated with the Red Sox to most baseball fans.
Depends on the generation. The Red Sox have won two WS titles with different managers since Tito left. He took Cleveland to game 7 of WS. He's also now a part of their organization even after retiring from managing. Obviously the WS titles stand out but I can understand a generation of baseball fans thinking more of him as a Cleveland Guardian. I was really only curious about how he feels about it though. He strikes me as the kind of guy who would tell John Henry to drop dead and hang up the phone. With him being retired an easy decision would be to have a Francona day at Fenway. But does anyone expect that to happen?

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
With him being retired an easy decision would be to have a Francona day at Fenway. But does anyone expect that to happen?

Why not? The guy has had a good time after he left the Red Sox, he landed on his feet. The Sox did as well (a lot of last place finishes, but nobody is going to take 13 and especially 18 away). Things went south between the sides, but it shouldn't be overblown. People have buried the hatchet over worse things before.
They need to celebrate Tim Wakefield at the start of next season and Terry has to be part of it.

Concerning other topics:
The playoffs have been underwhelming so far. Not a great WC-round and the DS doesn't look much more promising either. Seems like a lot would have to happen to not have a WS re-match between the Braves and Astros. I am semi-rooting for Baltimore. Texas with Eovaldi would also be ok.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Why not? The guy has had a good time after he left the Red Sox, he landed on his feet. The Sox did as well (a lot of last place finishes, but nobody is going to take 13 and especially 18 away). Things went south between the sides, but it shouldn't be overblown. People have buried the hatchet over worse things before.
They need to celebrate Tim Wakefield at the start of next season and Terry has to be part of it.

Concerning other topics:
The playoffs have been underwhelming so far. Not a great WC-round and the DS doesn't look much more promising either. Seems like a lot would have to happen to not have a WS re-match between the Braves and Astros. I am semi-rooting for Baltimore. Texas with Eovaldi would also be ok.
I think you need to refresh yourself on just how bad they treated Tito out the door. They made it personal

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Oh as for the playoffs, MLB can f off for getting rid of the one game wild card. Even a 5 game series allows both ballparks to get a game. But the best of three series? Absolutely useless to me. I think it sucks.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Oh as for the playoffs, MLB can f off for getting rid of the one game wild card. Even a 5 game series allows both ballparks to get a game. But the best of three series? Absolutely useless to me. I think it sucks.

This absolutely sucks. 3 game home series? Why? What has the #3 seed done to deserve a 3 home games over seed #4? It's mind boggling.
Why can't MLB just adapt what other leagues do? A best of 7 game series. That's it. If you want a mini tournament for the last spots, so be it.

But I gotta be honest, I liked the 2020 playoffs the best (other than the second round should have been 7 as well). 8 teams get in, no bye. It makes the most sense on many levels. The 2nd seed doesn't deserve a bye at all (look at the Astros this year).

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The last time the Minnesota Twins won a playoff series was on Sunday, October 6, 2002. The game-winning RBI was delivered by

1696481572528.png

The Twins released him a few weeks later.
😅

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The fact there are no games today is so incredibly stupid. Instead let's stagger them all tomorrow and try to compete against college football. For the provincial bumpkins in this thread, yes, college football is popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad