Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1696187102905.jpeg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Rough year for the Sox- they played like shit most of the season and now losing Tim Wakefield.

"Wait 'til next year!!!"- the ancient cry of baseball fans everywhere.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
trevor bauer seems like a dork but boy were those texts from that girl insane

Yeah, he's still a weird guy but damn if those don't justify him in this case.

Plus once he settled in he put up a very good year in Japan. 2.76 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, 4:1 K/BB ratio, 9 K/IP

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
OUCH A reporter asked Sam Kennedy about Curt Schilling - Sam displayed his disgust

Minor increase in STH packages for 2024

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bauer can be innocent of all charges and still be an obnoxious tool that no team will want to touch with a ten foot pole

Reactions: Mione134

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Onto the playoffs, what does everyone predict?

Atlanta might just go 11-0, they're that overwhelming a favorite to me, but anything can happen in October in a short series.

Dodgers can hit but their rotation is really banged up and will let them down.
Don't know what to make of Baltimore. They won 100 games but is that rotation for real or just smoke and mirrors? I think I'd still take Tampa over them even without their Shanes. I'd be more apt to bet on Glasnow and Civale in this spot than Kyle Bradish.
Texas has collapsed down the stretch and I don't think they're going to get it back together in a road WC series in Tampa.
Houston has devil magic and a great draw by getting the winner of that Blue Jays/Twins series, wouldn't be surprised to see them take another pennant.
Philly is maybe the second best team in the NL but Atlanta is a bigger beast than last year and getting out of that NLDS is going to be tough to do two years in a row.
Arizona seems to have some juice and could make noise.

I guess if I had to make a prediction, I'd say Atlanta over Tampa or Houston in the WS

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bauer can be innocent of all charges and still be an obnoxious tool that no team will want to touch with a ten foot pole

I normally agree but we still have active players in the league with domestic abuse etc etc

This league don't care sadly

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Woodruff out for Milwaukee for the Diamondback series, possibly longer. That’s a tough blow. He’s been arguably one of the best pitchers in MLB since coming off the IL in August.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
MLB doesn't have other obnoxious tools?

Other than inflation, how can they justify an increase? That is disgusting.
Even WITH inflation this is disgusting. This is not some mom and pop shop struggling to get by so they increase prices. This is a billion dollar corporation asking fans to pay more after another disastrous season where spending on the team was down. It's a complete f***ing joke.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Why would Tampa Bay elect to wear DEVIL RAYS uniforms in a playoff game?

A pleasure to listen to Sean McDonough doing the call.

1696361741482.png

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
MLB doesn't have other obnoxious tools?

Even WITH inflation this is disgusting. This is not some mom and pop shop struggling to get by so they increase prices. This is a billion dollar corporation asking fans to pay more after another disastrous season where spending on the team was down. It's a complete f***ing joke.
Of course they can raise it. Because they know the STH will never give them up.

Besides. They will have a new GM and it is going to be awesome.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Kinda incredible that he won two WS titles here but spent more time in Cleveland without winning one. He's firmly entrenched as a Cleveland Guardian with his Red Sox fame a distant memory to many baseball fans. Do managers go into HOF with a cap? If that were the case I wonder which one he would prefer given how it ended here.

He got the send off/reception in Cleveland that he never got here.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad