Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Good for Eddie. I was under the impression that he turned down a trade to the Dodgers last year because he didn't want to move to the West Coast, so this is a little perplexing, though.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm not panicking until Shohei and Yamamoto are off the board. But then it's hard panic time.
If the Sox fail to land Yama.... I will call this off-season a failure. I'm not even exaggerating. After the dumpster fire of the last 2 years, the Sox brass  have to know the stakes. Then again, I don't have any expectations. They have to prove it to me. Show me that this time is different. I'm not confident, I'm apathetic sadly.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If the Sox fail to land Yama.... I will call this off-season a failure. I'm not even exaggerating. After the dumpster fire of the last 2 years, the Sox brass  have to know the stakes. Then again, I don't have any expectations. They have to prove it to me. Show me that this time is different. I'm not confident, I'm apathetic sadly.
Don't fret, Tom Caron will still be there all giddy and excited to tell us about the rainbows and unicorns.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They aren’t winning anything so not a big deal - they are all about finding out about Mayer, Teal, Bleis, Rafaella, Abreu, Roman Anthony - and seeing if Bleslow can develop pitching to win in 80’s - I know this team better than most fans and to compete they would have to get Yamamoto, Montgomery and Soto

Ain’t happening

Shed Sale as well

If the plan is shoot big for Yamamoto and not overpay for crap good strategy

Smart not being public if they are in

OF organizationally
Anthony
Bleis
Duran
Abreau
Rafaella

Find out who’s part of future

INF/C
Casas
Mayer
Devers
Teal

All about pitching and Breslow strength here

Yamamoto
Glasnow
Montgomery

Who else would you chase

Reactions: SPV

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim

What kind of one dimensional take is that?

The Padres raised Sotos value by adding Grisham (cheap 2 WAR player) to the trade.

The Sox lowered Betts‘ value by attaching Price to the deal.

I am far from a Bloom‘ supporter, but to hold that trade against him is bizarre.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What kind of one dimensional take is that?

The Padres raised Sotos value by adding Grisham (cheap 2 WAR player) to the trade.

The Sox lowered Betts‘ value by attaching Price to the deal.

I am far from a Bloom‘ supporter, but to hold that trade against him is bizarre.
Matt McCarthy brutal

AJ Preller got hosed what he have up to get and then what got

The Padres got Soto because their owner was very sick and wanted to win - they literally gave up Farn

They got back meh

It was a dump

The Yankees didn’t give up any of there top 7-8 best young players - they gave up Drew Thorpe #99 overall. I like King and Brito could be good but jury out

Jeter Downs a bust was significantly higher rated at time of deal with Dodgers

Preller is a cocky sob and his interview right now looks meek

Per Sherman - Verdugo LF Judge CF Soto RF and Grisham 4th OF who gets a lot of time

Stanton gets hurt Soto DH and Grisham CF and Judge RF

Yanks a beast

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
A player no one has seen pitch, zero major league experience and if the Sox don't get him the off season is a failure?

I don't think you are apathetic. You're post here, right?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
They aren’t winning anything so not a big deal - they are all about finding out about Mayer, Teal, Bleis, Rafaella, Abreu, Roman Anthony - and seeing if Bleslow can develop pitching to win in 80’s - I know this team better than most fans and to compete they would have to get Yamamoto, Montgomery and Soto

Ain’t happening

Shed Sale as well

OF organizationally
Anthony
Bleis
Duran
Abreau
Rafaella

INF/C
Casas
Mayer
Devers
Teal

Yamamoto
Glasnow
Montgomery

Who else would you chase
I like that thought process, Yama is only 26, so probably worth a shot. No point overpaying more guys. Sale contract is likely up at the end of the season, thank goodness. And then just stuck with the one bad contract in Story, which they should just try to buy themselves out of.

Then wait and see, with money and prospects, they should be able to put together something in a few years. In the meantime, give us some young guys to latch onto

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Hmm I seem to remember Ohtani being someone with zero major league experience and a pitcher "nobody has seen". Seems like scouts were correct in his evaluation.

For every Ohtani there's a Daisuke.

ninja edit: For me not getting Yamamoto isnt about missing on the player as much as it's reinforcing that nothing has changed upstairs on the monetary commitment to winning. For all the lip service it'll be another last place offseason with no impact players brought in

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
For every Ohtani there's a Daisuke.

ninja edit: For me not getting Yamamoto isnt about missing on the player as much as it's reinforcing that nothing has changed upstairs on the monetary commitment to winning. For all the lip service it'll be another last place offseason with no impact players brought in
Well do you want him or not? And if you don't want him then who should the Red Sox be in on? I am willing to accept that not getting him does not make the offseason a failure but it will be a failure if all they make is minor moves.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

Ain’t happening

Shed Sale as well

OF organizationally
Anthony
Bleis
Duran
Abreau
Rafaella

INF/C
Casas
Mayer
Devers
Teal

Yamamoto
Glasnow
Montgomery

Who else would you chase
The Dodgers are loaded with starting pitchers both at the major league level and AA / AAA.
They would be a great partner to trade with us. I would happily take one of Nick Frasso or Gavin Stone, either one would step into the rotation next year and they have River Ryan and Landon Knack that will compete for a spot this year with them.
With a rotation of Miller/May/Gonsolin/Pepiot and Walker Buehler being eased back into the rotation, they have a great pitching staff.
I would have no issues trading someone like Marcelo Mayer, who is a player that fits well with what the Dodgers need for a future SS. We still have Story that can play SS and Rafaela can also play the position until one of Brainer Bonaci or Mikey Romero are ready for the team. Good / young pitching is hard to get, so we need to give up quality to get quality back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad