Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not particularly a Sox fan -- in fact I was downright surly when they dominated the three sport media in this town -- but I wish the new GM well. He's set up to do well in the wake of Bloom, and I foresee an upswing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Breslow going after pitching at minor league level is interesting- reminds me of Chuck Fairbanks named Coach of Patriots and was able to grab several players who not many knew about (in 70’s scouting was maybe 10 % of today)

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Apparently Steve Cohen flew to japan personally and took Yamamoto out to a pricey French restaurant, and met his whole family, to try and sell him on the Mets.

But sources are also saying John Henry had his secretary write up a very nice email to try to convince him on the Sox, so don't count us out yet.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and RoccoF14

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The Red Sox will only go as far as ownership allows them, annd ownership doesn’t seem to have any interest anymore. Hope they prove me wrong but it won’t matter who’s in charge if these clowns don’t spend.

Reactions: 24giovanni

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Apparently Steve Cohen flew to japan personally and took Yamamoto out to a pricey French restaurant, and met his whole family, to try and sell him on the Mets.

But sources are also saying John Henry had his secretary write up a very nice email to try to convince him on the Sox, so don't count us out yet.
Being a Sox fan isn't fun these days.

Luis Severino and Martin Maldonado? Yay!!!!

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Maybe i'm just being a doomer but they'll go out dumpster diving and sign two starters like Sean Manaea and Alex Wood while trading for some bottom of the lineup glove and wonder why no one cares about the team again. They need to make a big splash and get people excited or the ballpark will be empty before April ends. It will be worse this year though if the Yankees get Soto and Yamamoto while the Blue Jays get Ohtani. Sox will be the divisions bitch for a few year if that happens while the people who let it happen only care about getting the vegas nba expansion team.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
For some reason I expected them to be aggressive this off season.
Only two needle moving players and they are going after Yamamoto

After that nothing earth shattering

I would like them to go after Tatis so he can play SS and move Story to second

the biggest mistake is going the Hanley & Pablo route

Better to not be stupid and take the media beatdown

Maybe i'm just being a doomer but they'll go out dumpster diving and sign two starters like Sean Manaea and Alex Wood while trading for some bottom of the lineup glove and wonder why no one cares about the team again. They need to make a big splash and get people excited or the ballpark will be empty before April ends. It will be worse this year though if the Yankees get Soto and Yamamoto while the Blue Jays get Ohtani. Sox will be the divisions bitch for a few year if that happens while the people who let it happen only care about getting the vegas nba expansion team.
To me it’s Yamamoto or bust - after that don’t sign David Backes type

They must really believe they got a shot at Yamamoto

Montgomery is solid Red Sox type but sounds like not interested

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

All the teams in the AL east seem like they want to win. Henry has checked out and last place certainly doesn't bother him so I don't understand why doesn't want to sell before he tanks the franchise value lower and lower. They fired Bloom to save face only to repeat the same cycle

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
When did the Blue Jays enter the chat as a franchise that can compete for someone like Ohtani

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
In the last 24+ hours, the Yankees have traded three pitchers to the Red Sox, four to the Padres, and lost three to the Rule 5 draft. Understand most of them were minor leaguers, but still... that's a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad