Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I would only call the off-season a bust if they do not get Yamamoto while the Jays add Ohtani and Yankees addition of Soto. If Jays do not land Ohtani and TB trades off Glasnow and whoever else, they can survive not signing Yamamoto if they land Seth Lugo and maybe one of Montgomery or a trade of Burnes. The Yankees are oft-injured, so who knows what to expect. I see TB as the bottom feeder if these moves happen. Orioles and Yankees, for now, are top in the east.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don’t follow as closely as others but based on Henry’s approach the last few years I don’t see them outbidding the big dogs on any of these top free agents.

Seems like he is fine with spending a tier below the Yanks, Mets, Phillys etc.

Usually when you speak on how what you have internally needs to get better you’re probably not gonna be adding a whole lot from the outside.

But again others likely know better than me.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Apparently Mark Feinsand thinks Yamamoto is "going to come down to the Mets or Yankees".

FFS man...the Red Sox have a clear need for this type of pitcher. If Henry, et al are really going to be this f***ing stingy with money then yeah--they need to f***ing sell the team.

It's that bullshit that forced Bloom to trade Betts, instead of paying him (and not just trading Betts, but attaching Price's albatross of a contract which lowered the return).

You are the Boston f***ing Red Sox. ACT LIKE IT.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
For every Ohtani there's a Daisuke.

ninja edit: For me not getting Yamamoto isnt about missing on the player as much as it's reinforcing that nothing has changed upstairs on the monetary commitment to winning. For all the lip service it'll be another last place offseason with no impact players brought in
Daisuke was actually pretty damn good for a hot minute

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Apparently Mark Feinsand thinks Yamamoto is "going to come down to the Mets or Yankees".

FFS man...the Red Sox have a clear need for this type of pitcher. If Henry, et al are really going to be this f***ing stingy with money then yeah--they need to f***ing sell the team.

It's that bullshit that forced Bloom to trade Betts, instead of paying him (and not just trading Betts, but attaching Price's albatross of a contract which lowered the return).

You are the Boston f***ing Red Sox. ACT LIKE IT.
Co-sign

And they raised ticket prices. People wonder why John Henry gets so much grief after all the success and this is why. You don't get a lifetime pass. If you don't want to spend on the team like you used to that's fine. But sell the team and GTFO already. Never delivered a new ballpark either. It's time if this is how things are gonna go.

Reactions: Mr Cartmenez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad