Patriots/NFL 2023 Off Season I - Jimmy Garoppolo headed to Raiders, where he’ll reunite with Josh McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The Patriots are raising ticket prices ahead of the 2023 season, their first stadium-wide hike in 15 years, the team informed season ticket-holders Wednesday morning.

To help soften the blow of the increase, the team also announced a dramatic makeover of the pricing structure for its expansive parking lots surrounding Gillette Stadium that will reduce, eliminate, and in one case “pay” drivers to park.

Prepaid parking passes for season ticket-holders who park on the east (stadium) side of Route 1 will be sold at a rate of $25 per game, a drop of $55 from the $80 it cost last year.

Parking on the west side of Route 1, previously $50, will now be free. The team hopes eliminating delays caused by making change or accepting exact change will speed the parking process.

In addition, the team believes it will be the first in the industry to induce drivers with $50 gift cards if they register to park in the delayed-release lots and agree to wait 75 minutes after the game to leave.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Man I wish we could get a pro team in the spring,

Is Nickerson too small to interest these leagues? Kraft isn't letting anyone he doesn't own play in Foxboro and BC just is unpleasant to get to.
Same.

I watched most of that XFL game, and it was legitimately fun. The NFL should seriously look at adopting a number of their experimental rules.

Not sure minor league football outdoors in New England in February would work, but if the league moved to maybe an April kickoff...

Reactions: Johnny Dangles

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Man I wish we could get a pro team in the spring,

Is Nickerson too small to interest these leagues? Kraft isn't letting anyone he doesn't own play in Foxboro and BC just is unpleasant to get to.

I was an avid Boston Breakers fan in 1983 - good gawd FORTY YEARS?

We loved going to games in the city. Foxborough then and now was an all-day event coming from the city. In 1983 Nickerson was the only option as Harvard just said no.....they have since loosened up but Harvard Stadium is a 1903 facility. BC could never get neighborhood approval.

The 83 Breakers got excellent media coverage - Gill Santos and Gino Cappelletti called the games on WBZ Radio and TV coverage was ABC and ESPN with Keith Jackson and Curt Gowdy doing games.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
If you really want to dream about a Spring Football Team in Boston...

Most people know that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and his ex-wife Dani Garcia are the faces of the new league. But the real money comes from the third owner - Gerry Cardinale, who is the Founder and Managing Partner of a private equity firm called RedBird Capital.

RedBird Capital owns roughly 10% of Fenway Sports Group. And we know that some recent renovations were made to Fenway to make it more football friendly...

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
If you really want to dream about a Spring Football Team in Boston...

Most people know that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and his ex-wife Dani Garcia are the faces of the new league. But the real money comes from the third owner - Gerry Cardinale, who is the Founder and Managing Partner of a private equity firm called RedBird Capital.

RedBird Capital owns roughly 10% of Fenway Sports Group. And we know that some recent renovations were made to Fenway to make it more football friendly...
I can't see football happening at Fenway during baseball season.

But I could maybe see FSG finding a parcel for a 30,000 seat stadium, and using that for XFL, MLR an MLL and maybe trying to take on Kraft in MLS.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I can't see football happening at Fenway during baseball season.

But I could maybe see FSG finding a parcel for a 30,000 seat stadium, and using that for XFL, MLR an MLL and maybe trying to take on Kraft in MLS.
If there were a parcel for a 30,000 seat stadium available in Boston, the Krafts would have been all over it already.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If there were a parcel for a 30,000 seat stadium available in Boston, the Krafts would have been all over it already.
Lol. It's cute that you think that. There have been more than one. The $$$ just doesn't make sense. Why would they give up the sweetheart deal they already have?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Same.

I watched most of that XFL game, and it was legitimately fun. The NFL should seriously look at adopting a number of their experimental rules.

Not sure minor league football outdoors in New England in February would work, but if the league moved to maybe an April kickoff...

For a league that is preaching CTE safety, I think they should use the XFL kick off rules.

One it's safer for the players and its a lot more exciting as a viewer

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I just watched an XFL game where St. Louis scored 15 points in the final 1:30 of the game to win 18-15.

How?

They scored a TD with 1:25 left, and then completed a 3-point conversion from the 10 yard line to make it 15-12.

XFL teams have the option if they are trailing in the 4th quarter to either onside kick, or they get one play from their own 25-yard line to gain 15 yards. St. Louis went for it and got 21.

They drove down the field and scored with :16 to go in the game. And they missed the "extra point". They conceivably could have scored 18 points in the final 1:30 of the game. A 28-10 NFL game is effectively over at that point. A 28-10 XFL game is still a two possession game.

LOVE a lot of these experimental rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Dan Snyder is an absolute piece of shit

You know at the end of this process, he's going to just keep the team.

I think that's exactly what he's going to try and do, but then the NFL and the other owners are gonna go to the mattresses to destroy him and he'll ultimately have to sell the team anyway.

He's a truly detestable human, and I only want bad things for him in life. But I also hope he slings as much dirt as he can at the other owners on his way out.

Reactions: CDJ

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad