Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
because we really are probably not doing shit to the roster.
48425139-0254-49F2-846A-BA86AC843A89.gif

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Like it.

It's funny though how fans from the Lanche and Pens are like "we decline" Maybe our vets have less value then we think?
Nay I think every fan base over value their prospects and players, shouldn't be a shocker either way. Its the salary cap that becomes the most important trade chip, if you have space it clearly puts you in the driver seat if you don't your pretty much f-cked especially without any picks/draft capital or top tier prospects.

The one thing that is on the bruins side they have some pretty moveable assets to acquire those picks/prospects. They Just need to find a willing partner who has the space or someone like a Calgary who'd be willing to make a hockey trade.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Better question: Why wasn't Miller bought out (or at least put on waivers) at 5:01 on Friday?
I think that's not on the top of Sweeney agenda, like or not. He keeps him in the minors there's no cap hit, he buys him out it puts him more in cap hell. I think he eventually will but I'm betting it isn't till after all things draft wise and FA wise is pretty much settled. Sweeney trying desperately right now to create space not add.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I think that's not on the top of Sweeney agenda, like or not. He keeps him in the minors there's no cap hit, he buys him out it puts him more in cap hell. I think he eventually will but I'm betting it isn't till after all things draft wise and FA wise is pretty much settled. Sweeney trying desperately right now to create space not add.
Buy out period ends June 30.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No, not under this CBA. Though if he agrees to "mutual termination" they can always do that I believe.
There's a second buyout window under the CBA if a player takes the team to arbitration. They can settle between themselves but if they file, there is a second window.

However, the contract they buyout has to be more than $4.5 million per year

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
think they wait to June 30th (last day I think) see if they can trade or move him another way. theres another buyout window end of the summer too. no rush I assume because we really are probably not doing shit to the roster.

Idk what Sweeney does, but that end of the year press conference had me thinking there were some decent sized changes coming and it even caught the attention of some media members as well.

I think it all really depends on what bergeron does, but if bergeron retires I expect a fairly different looking team next year.

Reactions: TCB

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I wonder if they’re trying to get the Miller contract nullified. They did that whole investigation and claimed they were mislead. Maybe they are pursuing legal action to have the contract reversed and to get their money back?
I think it would be hard to get a court to nullify the contract if the league won't.

My biggest worry is that everyone comes out and says Miller has gotten help and will continue to get help and.....

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Maybe they just want the miller name off the books as soon as possible and are just letting it ride out. Buy him out and the name appears around cap conversations for twice as long.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Maybe they just want the miller name off the books as soon as possible and are just letting it ride out. Buy him out and the name appears around cap conversations for twice as long.
Leave him on the roster and he takes up a roster slot and gets 100% of his dough. Buy him out and the roster spot opens up and he only gets 1/3 of his money. I know what I’m rooting for.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Leave him on the roster and he takes up a roster slot and gets 100% of his dough. Buy him out and the roster spot opens up and he only gets 1/3 of his money. I know what I’m rooting for.

Ya but do you think the bruins care more about the couple hundred thousand or having his name disassociated with the team a year earlier.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Ya but do you think the bruins care more about the couple hundred thousand or having his name disassociated with the team a year earlier.
If they buy him out he gets way less money and the name is disassociated a year earlier. Seems like a win/win to me.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If they buy him out he gets way less money and the name is disassociated a year earlier. Seems like a win/win to me.

How he will be on the books for a year longer…

Edit: correction he will be on the books two years longer if bought out. Until the end of the 2026-2027 season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad