Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Kings aren't looking to move Byfield, but we're definitely interested in Ullmark.

LA would probably be open to moving Turcotte, but he's had a rough time since being drafted. Lots of injuries. So his value is pretty low right now.

We do have some other cheap young forwards with upside, that are change-of-scenery candidates.

No chance on Byfield? He’s the one I think could draw serious assets from the Bruins. Turcotte maybe for scraps, since his injury history and lack of NHL success to date. I loved watching him during world juniors, he’s got talent.

Another guy we’ve looked at in the past is Garland. Seravalli said he’s basically free right now. If we could unload Coyle we could get another wing who produces like a 1st liner, local guy, and get super deep. Plus we’ve been frequent trade partners with the Canucks.

Doesn’t fit that immediate need of a young center but the guy is an absolute gamer who reminds me a lot of Marchand.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I am looking super closely at an OEL buyout. You might be able to get him on a nice deal. Vancouver and Boston were the only two teams on his NMC out of Arizona. He could take a discount to play here and would form a pretty solid top four if he can stay healthy.

OEL - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Zboril

It's not the toughest defense but its is all over 6ft and 200 pounds.
There are Swedish mite teams with a tougher D. Didn't this playoff show you that you need some toughness on D, that D gets pushed around by everybody.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I am looking super closely at an OEL buyout. You might be able to get him on a nice deal.

Please stop looking. :thumbd:OEL makes Erik Karlsson look like a defensive Defenceman. Even if he offered to play here for free my answer would still be....

the-office-michael-scott.gif

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I appreciate what Ullmark did this season but its two straight playoffs where he couldn't stop a beachball. Regular season stats mean nothing to me. Trade him. $5 million

I'm not a Gryz hater nor am I a Gryz supporter. I'm a realist though that our defense lacks the nasty we need, especially to win a playoff series. Trade him. $3.6875 million

Reilly is a bum, and one of the worst FA signings by Sweeney. Trade him with an asset or buy him out. $3.00 million

Forbort sure can eat pucks.......he's a warrior, but he's slow, handles the puck like a grenade and is a waste of cap space. Trade him $3.00 million

Charlie Coyle is a good 3C, outside of the year the Bruins lost in the finals, he's been very vanilla in the playoffs. Lack of production, a minus player, money can be better spent or let Bergy play 3C minutes in 2023-2024 and get yourself a new 1C and use part of Coyle's money. Trade him. $5.25 million

20 million + 5 million we have in space today.

Bergy- 1 million
O'Reilly- 4 Million
Lucic-850k
Frederic- 1.75 million
Lauko-850k
Graves-4 million
Mayfield- 3 million
Swayman-3 million

18.45 million
Sweeney should have been fired a long time ago.
After Chara and Krug left he had $30m in cap space to use. What a "brilliant" idea to move up 3rd pair LD to the top pair and hoard more LD junk to fill in other 2 pairs.

Bergy and Krejci are not getting any younger or healthier. Even if they come back one more time the chance is they might end up injured again when it matters most. B's should look for a proven playoff center.
If Oilers would explore an idea of moving out one of their C for a goalie, top 6 winger and top 4 RD Bruins should be the prime target.

Draisaitl for Ullmark, DeBrusk and Carlo
Would be open to include Campbell if Oilers retain 50% (75% via Arizona) for 1st rd pick

The next priority is Defense. Bruins should target Dmen over 6 feet tall, able to skate and with some skill.
Soucy at $4m/4y would be my target to take Carlo's spot.
Agree on Mayfield - $2.85m/3y

Move Gryz, Forbort, Coyle for any picks you can get without taking any cap space back. Buyout Reilly.

Re-sign Swayman - $2.85m/2y
Re-sign Lauko - $800k
Sign Bertuzzi - $6.25m/4y
Sign Stastny - $1.1m
Sign Bellemare - $800k
Sign Nosek - $1.1m
Sign one more veteran winger and 7th Dman (i.e Perry) - $800k each
Call up Lysell, Lohrei

Marchand (6.125) - Draisaitl (8.5) - Pastrnak (11.25)
Hall (6) - Zacha (4.75) - Bertuzzi (6.25)
Lauko (0.8) - Stastny (1.1) - Lysell (0.863)
Bellemare (0.8) - Nosek (1.1) - Perry (0.8)
Grier (0.762)

Lindholm (6.25) - McAvoy (9.5)
Zboril (1.137) - Soucy (4)
Lohrei (0.925) - Mayfield (2.85)
7th D (0.8)

Swayman (2.85)
Campbell (1.25)

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Sweeney should have been fired a long time ago.
After Chara and Krug left he had $30m in cap space to use. What a "brilliant" idea to move up 3rd pair LD to the top pair and hoard more LD junk to fill in other 2 pairs.

Bergy and Krejci are not getting any younger or healthier. Even if they come back one more time the chance is they might end up injured again when it matters most. B's should look for a proven playoff center.
If Oilers would explore an idea of moving out one of their C for a goalie, top 6 winger and top 4 RD Bruins should be the prime target.

Draisaitl for Ullmark, DeBrusk and Carlo
Would be open to include Campbell if Oilers retain 50% (75% via Arizona) for 1st rd pick

The next priority is Defense. Bruins should target Dmen over 6 feet tall, able to skate and with some skill.
Soucy at $4m/4y would be my target to take Carlo's spot.
Agree on Mayfield - $2.85m/3y

Move Gryz, Forbort, Coyle for any picks you can get without taking any cap space back. Buyout Reilly.

Re-sign Swayman - $2.85m/2y
Re-sign Lauko - $800k
Sign Bertuzzi - $6.25m/4y
Sign Stastny - $1.1m
Sign Bellemare - $800k
Sign Nosek - $1.1m
Sign one more veteran winger and 7th Dman (i.e Perry) - $800k each
Call up Lysell, Lohrei

Marchand (6.125) - Draisaitl (8.5) - Pastrnak (11.25)
Hall (6) - Zacha (4.75) - Bertuzzi (6.25)
Lauko (0.8) - Stastny (1.1) - Lysell (0.863)
Bellemare (0.8) - Nosek (1.1) - Perry (0.8)
Grier (0.762)

Lindholm (6.25) - McAvoy (9.5)
Zboril (1.137) - Soucy (4)
Lohrei (0.925) - Mayfield (2.85)
7th D (0.8)

Swayman (2.85)
Campbell (1.25)
There is literally no chance we get Draisaitl for Ulmark.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
A few thoughts are starting to percolate here. Bertuzzi wants to test the market and that means he should be gone. He is not worth two regulars. I think there will be a goalie trade, and that would be a huge mistake. This team has gone with a strong two goalie model for roughly 30 of the last 40 years and they have been fringe-contenders or real ones for basically exactly that time.

PLD is a lousy, and unlikely, answer to our center problem.
If all this comes to pass, they may actually make a run at Orlov....Given his age and playing style also not a good idea-understandable but not good.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Rumored that Philly is shopping Kevin Hayes (probably have been). And are already in talks with the Blue Jackets. Also mentioned the Flyers might be willing to retain salary. Its a big AAV, contract ends in 2026, but i’ve wondered what Hayes might do, numbers wise, with actual good wingers.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sweeney is about to win his second GM of the year award.

I will always commend him for having the nuts to do what he did. I also don’t think it’s tough to win GM of the year when you dip $4m+ into future cap and mortgage two future drafts to bring in players.

His hardest seasons as GM will be the next two years after the completely stripped the cupboard of assets and and used bonuses to push cap into future years.

I think the next two years will give us a much better look at the GM he really is.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I will always commend him for having the nuts to do what he did. I also don’t think it’s tough to win GM of the year when you dip $4m+ into future cap and mortgage two future drafts to bring in players.

His hardest seasons as GM will be the next two years after the completely stripped the cupboard of assets and and used bonuses to push cap into future years.

I think the next two years will give us a much better look at the GM he really is.
On the opposite side of that... He's been GM for what, 8 seasons now? There's a shelf life.

He's done good and bad. He's overall had good teams during his tenure. Whether that's what he inherited or if the team performed well despite his moves is all very arguable on both sides of the coin.

But almost no team benefits from a desperate GM trying to save his job. Sweeney is absolutely not at that point currently, but with your second paragraph, makes me think we will be there sooner than later.

Then again, last regular season, absolutely no one predicted that. But I feel like that's the anomaly, not the norm.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
On the opposite side of that... He's been GM for what, 8 seasons now? There's a shelf life.

He's done good and bad. He's overall had good teams during his tenure. Whether that's what he inherited or if the team performed well despite his moves is all very arguable on both sides of the coin.

But almost no team benefits from a desperate GM trying to save his job. Sweeney is absolutely not at that point currently, but with your second paragraph, makes me think we will be sooner than later.

We’ve seen him on both ends of the spectrum. 2015 he turned it around. Then last year he went all in.

So we know he at bare minimum has the stones to shake things up or make a big move. I’m excited to see what he has up his sleeve the next two off-seasons.

I highly doubt he will go down without swinging, but he has quite the uphill battle right now.

You’re right though there is a shelf life and technically he hasn’t won anything besides president trophies. So it will be interesting to see if he’s in desperation mode now going forward.

Reactions: HustleB and Gordoff

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Hells yes to PLD if he comes relatively cheap in trade (he's limiting his destinations) and they can lock him up at reaosnable $ on a long deal.

Dude's just 24, tough as nails top line center and a dick to play against. I mean what does this team need going forward if it isn't that.

Oh, he's a Montreal kid - well it'd be even sweeter to have him in Boston to wreck the habs and their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia