Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
1686345074532.gif

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
If I’m Sweeney looking for the 1C of the future I’m looking at a buying low on a blue chip like Byfield.

He is poised for a breakout, superb defensive game, and his size is second only to Tage as far as high end centers go.

I heard rumors of him being on the block last deadline, but not sure if they’re legit.

I’m convinced Dubois is forcing his way to Montreal but if he doesn’t, he is an absolute playoff performer in my eyes, and would be a great add.
If Byfield isnt on the block, then a guy like Turcotte would be interesting too.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Did that dude figure out a way to get paid by the wince or something?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
this is a buyer beware thing. Kid shooting his way out now of second team.
Plus reports he’s looking for long term 9 M aav contract.

I don't care how talented he is, and though to my surprise he apparently possesses "snarl," I don't want a guy like this on my team.

And you're going to pay him 9 million a year?

Go back to MTL, where you belong.

PS I hadn't considered trading Orlov or Bertuzzi, but if they can't keep either, I would see what I could get for them. Orlov in particular wants to test the market or go back to WSH.

I might be willing to get creative to retain Bert, but he too wants to test the market.

If that's the case, trade both and get what you can.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don't care how talented he is, and though to my surprise he apparently possesses "snarl," I don't want a guy like this on my team.

And you're going to pay him 9 million a year?

Go back to MTL, where you belong.

PS I hadn't considered trading Orlov or Bertuzzi, but if they can't keep either, I would see what I could get for them. Orlov in particular wants to test the market or go back to WSH.

I might be willing to get creative to retain Bert, but he too wants to test the market.

If that's the case, trade both and get what you can.
How in the world are we trading two pending free agents?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I am looking super closely at an OEL buyout. You might be able to get him on a nice deal. Vancouver and Boston were the only two teams on his NMC out of Arizona. He could take a discount to play here and would form a pretty solid top four if he can stay healthy.

OEL - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Zboril

It's not the toughest defense but its is all over 6ft and 200 pounds.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
For the right to negotiate with them before the 1st of July
Yeah…you’re making my point though

I am looking super closely at an OEL buyout. You might be able to get him on a nice deal. Vancouver and Boston were the only two teams on his NMC out of Arizona. He could take a discount to play here and would form a pretty solid top four if he can stay healthy.

OEL - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Zboril

OEL can’t even make the top 4 in Vancouver. And his buyout is a disaster.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Yeah…you’re making my point though

OEL can’t even make the top 4 in Vancouver. And his buyout is a disaster.
Vancouver needs to clear cap space somehow and he averaged over 20 minutes a night the last two years there so that’s top four minutes for sure.

Most importantly tho is he was playing with an ankle sprain and is looking to finally have a half year and off-season of recovery. Not sure if you are going to find better cheap if the buyout happens.

See what Marc Staal is doing with Florida. Need those guys who quietly eat minutes.

Reactions: Gordoff and duffy

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

OEL - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Zboril

He stinks

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Like what the Devils just did with Severson. If a team wants them on an 8 year deal, it is a good way to get a draft pick out of it. I am sure it would be much more likely with Bertuzzi but you never know
They gave up something to the Devils because Severson and Jarmo (for some insane reason) wanted that 8th year.

That's really the only value added above a 6th or 7th, and no one is giving Bertuzzi or Orlov an 8 year deal.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If I’m Sweeney looking for the 1C of the future I’m looking at a buying low on a blue chip like Byfield.

He is poised for a breakout, superb defensive game, and his size is second only to Tage as far as high end centers go.

I heard rumors of him being on the block last deadline, but not sure if they’re legit.

I’m convinced Dubois is forcing his way to Montreal but if he doesn’t, he is an absolute playoff performer in my eyes, and would be a great add.
Kings aren't looking to move Byfield, but we're definitely interested in Ullmark.

LA would probably be open to moving Turcotte, but he's had a rough time since being drafted. Lots of injuries. So his value is pretty low right now.

We do have some other cheap young forwards with upside, that are change-of-scenery candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad