Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Don't recall.

What did he hurt?
Broke left thumb

As a lefty who is a right shot with a chipped tooth like Pasta I figured he was cooked trying to shoot and stick-handle

The good news we both got caps for our front teeth and Habs world class smiles

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
St. Louis "beating" Boston. A bottom of the barrel team that was in last place in January who squeaked in and took the Cup (with a bit of help from the refs).
The Bruins belonged in the in the finals in 2011.
They had a great season and then ran the gauntlet to the finals.
Even though they did it with some luck, they took it to the team that was probably the favorite.
Prior to playing St. Louis a lot of folks here said that it would be a 4 game sweep cake walk which of course was nonsense.

Who was that?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
St. Louis "beating" Boston. A bottom of the barrel team that was in last place in January who squeaked in and took the Cup (with a bit of help from the refs).
The Bruins belonged in the in the finals in 2011.
They had a great season and then ran the gauntlet to the finals.
Even though they did it with some luck, they took it to the team that was probably the favorite.
Prior to playing St. Louis a lot of folks here said that it would be a 4 game sweep cake walk which of course was nonsense.
St Louis sucks - their coach is the most overrated tough guy I’ve seen going back to the days is Forbes Kennedy and John Ferguson. Lyndon Byers knocked him out on his feet and showed class by holding him up so he wouldn’t fall and hurt himself

It’s bad enough the Bruins lost but to that team made it worse and home

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Said to one of my buddies yesterday afternoon I need a couple more Bruins things for man cave

At 4 my rep tells me I won the Krejci banner that hung outside TD Garden during playoffs

At 6 last night I am thinking I got nothing to eat and my neighbor rings door bell our pizza place delivered a large chicken barbecue with onions and they didn’t ask for onions - it’s yours they are delivering another

Today talking to Eric about Providence and prospects on phone thinking gotta get AHL this season 45 minutes later I just get an email as a legacy member a new perk is free AHL.com to watch Providence

Why I am not worried about this team - somehow someway they will a playoff team and top 5-6 overall

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
St Louis sucks - their coach is the most overrated tough guy I’ve seen going back to the days is Forbes Kennedy and John Ferguson. Lyndon Byers knocked him out on his feet and showed class by holding him up so he wouldn’t fall and hurt himself

That's why I wanted Cassidy gone and I cant stand his face .

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Wasn't that what happend to Jon Grahame?
I remember him and his dad (Ron) who was traded to LA IIRC for the draft pick that was used for Ray Bourque.

Yes I thought the same thing. Grahame did his ankle though- stepped off a curb wrong when hammered iirc
Damn curbs attacking innocent tipsy Bruins...

BTW: Today is John Grahames birthday...https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=21996

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

That was a beating LB handed out to Berube, Miller gave him a warm up version earlier in the same game.

The Bergeron/Chara era Bruins should have at least 3 Cups, 2011, 2019 ( nice to know Cassidy learned so much here to help Vegas) and last year.

The Bid Bad Bruin era should have had 3 minimum, 70, 71, 72. The watered down version should have won in 74. Then came the JJ and Sinden "one player short" decades which I won't get into.

Wonder where Heinen lands. Still have my prov jersey
Wouldn't be surprised to see a lovely advertisement covered jersey in his future. SEL? KHL?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Wonder where Heinen lands. Still have my prov jersey
Incredibly underrated player. You'd look at him on the ice and not notice much, and the raw goals and assists numbers were average. But if you dig deeper you'd notice that every single line he played with performed significantly better with him on the ice - and that even included Marchand and Bergeron who technically had better possession and efficiency stats with him than Pasta (though the goal differences made up for it).

Of course, that was 4+ years ago so he's likely declined a bit. But he should be appreciated more around here.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
IIRC the team went out for a dinner and he had a few too many (supposedly) and tripped over a curb getting into a cab? Memory is sticky on this.
I think that was John Grahame who was a promising backup for Dafoe no? Pasta I think they said "slippery surface" :-/

edit : blur beat me to it.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Karma is as real as your hand

When Cassidy scratched an All Time Blues captain for a couple of guys including Danton Heinen who was basically trying to survive shifts - it was over before it started

The Bruins play that game 100 times they win 80….there are no guarantees in sports but I’ll always feel Backes should have been in that lineup

He was good enough for game 3 in St. Louis a 7-2 win he was good enough to get 10 minutes in game 7
I agree completely. He had something to prove after being scratched and would have played like a man possessed.

Reactions: Gordoff and DKH

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
The Bergeron/Chara era Bruins should have at least 3 Cups, 2011, 2019 ( nice to know Cassidy learned so much here to help Vegas) and last year.
I still think they would have won in 2013 if Bergeron had been healthy.

The St. Louis sting still hurts and will last a long long time. Oddly, the experience of that should have been a lesson against Florida but somehow it wasn't. The vets should have known better. We basically got beat the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad