Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
If I had the choice, I would prefer Pettersson over Lindholm, they could get one or even both, but they will need to make hockey trades, sure they can include futures like Lysell and Beecher, but they will need to move out salary which could include some of Grizz, Coyle, Ullmark and Carlo.
How can they land both realistically? I’m all for it but I don’t see the numbers there.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins since 2010 have most regular season wins at 635, highest point percentage and second most playoff series wins at 15

Donny all about winning but …..

Can’t see them doing anything till 2024 unless Calgary looking for prospects and picks

0.0 Elias Petterson

Zacha & Carlo non starters - unless negotiations with DeBrusk are troublesome Bruins would be wise to keep

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Last 13 seasons
Most points
Most wins 635
Highest win %
Most Prez trophies
Second most Finals
Second most playoff series wins 15

But only one Cup they suck and are losers - yawn

Give me LA
2 Cups (snicker)

Give me LA for sure. 2 cups and better positioned for a 3rd for the rest of the decade.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Give me LA for sure. 2 cups and better positioned for a 3rd for the rest of the decade.
So you take 2 Cups off a 5th and 8th seed and pretty much 164 months of blah (14 years 12 months less 4 months of LA playoff runs)

Over

2011 Cup
Second most playoff game wins
3 Finals
Most wins in NHL 635 since 2010

AND the Bruins in 2008-9 not included in the 635 were first in East and second overall at 53-19-10 116 points and win a round and 7 playoff games

14 years 688 wins

You trade this all - fun, happiness, disappointment, anger, joy, hope

For a 2 month unexpected playoff run ?

Freaking amazing

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So you take 2 Cups off a 5th and 8th seed and pretty much 164 months of blah (14 years 12 months less 4 months of LA playoff runs)

Over

2011 Cup
3 Finals

AND the Bruins in 2008-9 not included in the 635 were first in East and second overall at 53-19-10 116 points and win a round and 7 playoff games

14 years 688 wins

Freaking amazing

Yes and every player, coach and management member in that building would have traded all those regular season wins for a 2nd cup as well.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
All they had to do was capitalize on that early PP they had like 3 minutes into the game when St.Louis took a bone headed delay of game penalty .
They should have gone gangbusters in that game with the whole city behind them knowing that precious mug was inches away and played like sloths and pissed it away. Chances like that come once in your lifetime. Let's hope monty has magical powers and some Donny magic and ullmark becomes hulk mode and you never know.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Over

2011 Cup
3 Finals

14 years 688 wins

Freaking amazing
Lots of amazing hockey, went by way too fast.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Here's a hypothetical - would you trade Charlie McAvoy for Elias Pettersson in a straight hockey trade, presuming Pettersson would be eager to sign long term?

The Bruins defense loses big time while the 1C position is set for a decade. Pettersson has been quoted as not being keen on staying with Vancouver if they aren't winning, which hasn't been their thing for a while now. They could really use a top RD like Charlie, and it's his final season without trade protection.

What say you, HFBruins?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

f***ing fashion show.

1693338099061.gif

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Here's a hypothetical - would you trade Charlie McAvoy for Elias Pettersson in a straight hockey trade, presuming Pettersson would be eager to sign long term?

The Bruins defense loses big time while the 1C position is set for a decade. Pettersson has been quoted as not being keen on staying with Vancouver if they aren't winning, which hasn't been their thing for a while now. They could really use a top RD like Charlie, and it's his final season without trade protection.

What say you, HFBruins?

Interesting thought. I'd lean towards no. I think a player like McAvoy is harder to come by than Pettersson and I think we're more likely to win with stong defense and goaltending than with elite forwards. But also depends on a lot of things, one being if any of our young D show any promise this season.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

What say you, HFBruins?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul. You fix a giant hole by creating a giant hole.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If I had the choice, I would prefer Pettersson over Lindholm, they could get one or even both, but they will need to make hockey trades, sure they can include futures like Lysell and Beecher, but they will need to move out salary which could include some of Grizz, Coyle, Ullmark and Carlo.
3 of those 4 have some type of NMC/NTC and Grizz really isn't worth much or he would be gone already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad