Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If they can work something out around Lindolm and Hanifin I pull the trigger on that. You'll be competing with a lot of other teams in FA , odds aren't on your side.
Yes trade DeBrusk ,so Sweeney can go back to looking for a RW that they have not had since Horton .................He will like doing that since he has been so successful at it ........

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
If we are going to try and keep the train going id certainly see if you can get E.Lindholm.

If they want to keep flexibility for next year, then your centers are Zacha/Coyle/Geekie/Brown

Its not ideal but sputter for year (just sucks itll be the 100th)...

I hope Zacha puts up 70+ next year with PP1 time so that this ass hat will shut up @TheBrattPack63 on twitter (I kid of course :p)

Reactions: Kegs

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yes trade DeBrusk ,so Sweeney can go back to looking for a RW that they have not had since Horton .................He will like doing that since he has been so successful at it ........
If Debrusk doesn't sign an extension, that may be the next best thing depending on the return of course. I'd package him and Swayman/Ulmmark for a future number one center, ala Lindholm. Although Calgary with Wolf around probably aren't looking at acquiring another Goalie.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
If we didn’t have all these other ufa signings I would’ve took a flyer on Colin White. I always thought he looked good against the Bs and his development was hampered a bit in Ottawa. At this point we don’t have the cap space, or roster space for him.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Until Debrusk is re-signed, I'm looking at him as pending UFA.

Yes, all the reasons we want to keep him, we should, but he's not re-signed yet. We should keep him if we can, but if we aren't/can't, let's get the best we can for him and the sooner the better. From a pure skill/asset standpoint, we can't just keep him for a in-house playoff run rental.

This changes the second he's re-signed, but until then, I'm not penciling him in the lineup for the next season.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Counterpoint: don't trade any assets for anyone because they barely have any assets and are already set up for some real long term pain as an organization.

I don’t think they will or can get Lindholm but if that’s a possibility trading futures or assets for a young #1c could save them from having to rebuild.

The issue for me would be trading a roster player like Debrusk or Carlo which would probably need to be part of that deal is going to create another hole in the line up.

I’d guess Calgary would be looking for something like an ask of Debrusk/Lysell/ Swayman for Lindholm.

Reactions: EverettMike

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Counterpoint: don't trade any assets for anyone because they barely have any assets and are already set up for some real long term pain as an organization.
Can we please have a button that says "f***, Yes"?

In my opinion the Bruins cannot afford to trade another draft pick or prospect that has value. Not a single one.

I was all for going all in last season and can accept paying the piper. But without young cost controlled players coming into the pipeline it's gonna be just a series of long, cold, dark winters.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Until Debrusk is re-signed, I'm looking at him as pending UFA.

Yes, all the reasons we want to keep him, we should, but he's not re-signed yet. We should keep him if we can, but if we aren't/can't, let's get the best we can for him and the sooner the better. From a pure skill/asset standpoint, we can't just keep him for a in-house playoff run rental.

This changes the second he's re-signed, but until then, I'm not penciling him in the lineup for the next season.
I agree if DeBrusk cannot be resigned he should be moved , but is Lindholm the answer , what is he next contract going to look like , is he really the player that will replace Bergey or Krecji , I might add he will be 30 when he starts his next contract , what will he look like at the end of 7-8 years , not sure I would be in favor of the look........My fear to many fans are in panic mode that the Bruins need a # 1 center , I just hope Sweeney and management do not enter that mode...........I know you all might think I am against Lindholm as a player ,I am not ,but I do not want to be handicapped by his costs to obtain and resign..........

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

In my opinion the Bruins cannot afford to trade another draft pick or prospect that has value. Not a single one.

I was all for going all in last season and can accept paying the piper. But without young cost controlled players coming into the pipeline it's gonna be just a series of long, cold, dark winters.
They aren't rebuilding so why pass up on the opportunity to get a 1C in their prime and a top pairing defensemen about to enter it?

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

I'll keep you warm fella

• Haha
Reactions: Number8

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
it would need to be conditional once again. where it would be a 26 if the wings end up with their 2025 pick. Imo its time to stop kicking that can down the road.

Not sure they could do that.

Wings trade for first round pick in 2024 but don't get one until 2026? Doesn't seem right.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
This is hilarious. You're talking only about production as if playing on the third line will allow you and afford you more opportunities to produce than playing on the second line with better finishers. What I'm talking about is actual play. Coyle was terrible that season. He was the only top 9 forward with a minus for the season and he couldn't buy a win at the dot with a sub .500 winning percentage (49%). While Haula was a plus 19, and was winning faceoffs at a 54% clip. He was outplayed by Haula and despite the slow start numbers wise for Haula they ended up with the same points. Keep in mind that Haula did have more goals, more even strength goals, more even strength points and he did it in 2 and a half less minutes per night.

So again, you can claim Coyle didn't get moved down because of his poor play, but in reality, he absolutely did. But thanks for a real high level look at just points. You're showing me why it's not worth discussing actual play here because of intellectual dishonesty and only considering points, which is deeply flawed.
Intellectual dishonesty is saying he couldn’t buy a win at the dot while at the same time saying he practically won half his face offs (49%). Seems like he bought a bunch of wins. BTW the +\~ stat is very flawed as well.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
They aren't rebuilding so why pass up on the opportunity to get a 1C in their prime and a top pairing defensemen about to enter it?
You'd have to tell me what the deal would be, and it would have to be sensible.

How does one get a 1C in their prime as well as a top pairing defenseman about to enter it without giving up huge assets?

No matter how you slice it, our prospect pool is already one of the weakest in the League and our stable of draft picks is already slim.

1C's and top pairing D cost. Typically, they cost big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad